Pre-order of New item: “BERSERK-commemoration statue of 20th anniversary”

yesmilord

千年王国
turkitage said:
These are all truly amazing. I just started collecting Berserk Statues and missed out on being able to get one of these. I did e-mail AOW about trying to get a blood one and they put me on the list.. of next to get it if other people cancel etc.. but they said the list is huge and chances are slim! so guess.. ebay/YJ.

I know there are other threads, but do you guys pretty much always put your statues in glass cases? I mean leaving it out isn't too big i a deal, i didn't think. Just dust them off then your done!

Congrats on the statues you guys have!!! Very Sweet.

Putting statues (or any other valuable collectibles) in cases is more than just keeping dust off of it. It's the owner wishing to tell everyone: "hey this is my passion and my hobby, and I care very much for these objects and what they represent"; adding lighting turns your statues from mere collectibles into a stunning showcase. Setting up my display has been (and still is) very challenging, but very rewarding.

If you can't afford it however, that's a whole different matter, although I've totally squeaked by through IKEA. 60 bucks for a decent glass case? What a deal.

Armored Berserk is the MAN. Those pictures are awesome. That one comparison shot with the first armored guts is ridiculous. That first one is one of the holy grails for many collectors, but this new one just blows it out of the water. Thanks again for the great pics.

turkitage said:
I know there are other threads, but do you guys pretty much always put your statues in glass cases? I mean leaving it out isn't too big i a deal, i didn't think. Just dust them off then your done!

Dusting can be hard actually. It's very easy to snap parts off when dusting. It's actually happened to me before (not with a Berserk statue thank goodness!) and it's incredibly painful when you break your own statue. It's one thing if it's damaged in shipment. It's another thing when you break it yourself. You just want to punch yourself.

Anyways, the glass displays are just a really elegant and safe way to display the statues. Book shelves can work too, but the thing is a lot of the light is blocked from all the surfaces. And yeah, as yesmilord said, Ikea has plenty of budget display cases that are quite fantastic. I've own 3 types (nortop, biby, and deltof) and soon I'll get the klingsbo, and all of them have been absolutely fantastic.

turkitage

ターク
Yeah, you guys made a great point. I was just curious as I have never collected these expensive statues before. So I only got a few, but the ones i REALLY wanted like Guts Birth feast, Zodd III, Skull knight and God Hand set. And then now the 2 Helmets by James, when they arrive. So yeah think i'll get one of those klingsbo's (or 2 of the standing up klingsbo and put a helmet on each.) Really the only thing left that i'd want to get is this 20th anniversary one. I'll have to post in that one thread of pictures of how people display their helmets/statues whenever i get everything by the end of this year.

huge congrats on Number 1 ! :carcus: :guts:

I like the paintjob on the sword! Looks great! Daiba is also very nice :)
Don't like the face, but then again all display this statue with the helmet on ...

can't afford it at the moment so please keep posting more pics! :serpico:

Tirade

Hai Yai, Forces!
yesmilord said:
I'm very glad I purchased this case because, as you said, it's especially spacious, allowing me to put several larger statues next to each other. I plan on purchasing a SK II on horse sometimes soon, which will replace the standing SK in there and complete the SK vs Zodd display! (I know nerdy me). And great minds think alike - I was planning on putting any busts or 1:1 helms ontop of the case. If I have time, I'll get the shelf height adjusted so I can put all my gashapons / beherits / and other miscellaneous collectibles there.

I wouldn't worry about the curvy legs. They aren't as bad as they look. I hardly notice them myself.

Call me a satisfied customer too! I just set up this case tonight, and it looks fantastic next to my black/glass tower case. I will take pictures this weekend.

PS, Guts 20th Anniversary fits easily without the middle shelf. Unfortunately, I measured it and it doesn't look like Wyald/Zodd will fit because of the height. The display space is 18.5 inches tall, which is JUST shy of Wyald/Zodd.

PPS, The curvy legs totally don't bother me in person. LOL. A+ purchase!

UPDATE: Took some pictures! Check out this thread: http://www.skullknight.net/forum/index.php?topic=10425.msg179256#msg179256

houngim said:
Anyone here order none blood version? wonder if it will look great with no blood on also

Looks even better to me without the blood! :ubik:

Got mine a couple of days ago - special thanks to denishwang2001 for coming through in the end for me on this one. Just need to get my house extended now to give me enough room to display it! :guts:

Top Bottom