LAKERS!

Th3Branded0ne

I'll be back.
Great! now OKC and L.A are tied, so are PHoenix and POrtland. Have to wait tomorrow for Utah - Colorado and Sant Antonia - Dallas to see if those get tied.

Griffith

With the streak of a tear, Like morning dew
I must say I was delighted with last night's game, I just wish they'd give that kind of effort every time.

Griffith

Actually, I won't, I'm going to be at the Dodgers game. So, if the Lakers lose, it's on me. :daiba:

Thunder in 7. OKC will win tonight, easily. They'll realize there's one game standing between glory and going home. That'll motivate them to destroy the Lakers at home.

Griffith

You didn't say how they were going to win game 7? :carcus:

Speaking of which, on the other hand, maybe the Thunder will realize that even if they do win tonight, they still have to go back on the road to LA where they just lost by 24 and have actually never won, to play in a game 7, which they've never played in before, where home teams win over 80% of the time, against Kobe Bryant and the defending world champion Los Angeles Lakers. Just another, more daunting, possibility for their psyche tonight. =)

We'll see though, they could win, they just have to play well for two games while the Lakers play poorly, and the Thunder aren't going to fold up just because the going is tough. If the Lakers bring their "Fakers" game tonight, I'll be very disappointed (I don't mind them losing if they get beat, but I just can't stand them giving games away), then it's just a one game series and all the Thunder need is for Durant to go supernova or something, which he's very capable of.

グリフィス said:
You didn't say how they were going to win game 7? :carcus:

Speaking of which, on the other hand, maybe the Thunder will realize that even if they do win tonight, they still have to go back on the road to LA where just lost by 24 and have actually never won, to play in a game 7, which they've never played in before, where home teams win over 80% of the time, against Kobe Bryant and the defending world champion Los Angeles Lakers. Just another, more daunting, possibility for their psyche tonight. =)

We'll see though, they could win, they just have to play well for two games while the Lakers play poorly, and the Thunder aren't going to fold up just because the going is tough. If the Lakers bring their "Fakers" game tonight, I'll be very disappointed (I don't mind them losing if they get beat, but I just can't stand them giving games away), then it's just a one game series and all the Thunder need is for Durant to go supernova or something, which he's very capable of.

Or... They could win in 6 like I said... :carcus:

Nail-biting finish. I must have popped a vessel when Kobe missed that last shot. Much thanks to Gasol for that putback :ganishka:

That was such a great game. It's a shame that the series had to end in Oklahoma City, but what a great way for it to end, eh?

I'm really excited for the Thunder. Like everyone else, I shrugged off the series as 4-0 for the Lakers. Y'know, one of those "who are we playing next?" series. But the Thunder really held their own. They didn't just hand the Lakers their four victories. They made them work hard for them. They held their own pretty well against the Lakers. And that's a great thing in, and of, itself. But the fact that they're so young... I see a very bright future in store for the Thunder. It's kind of like watching a 14 year old kid almost beat a Kobe Bryant or Lebron James one on one in a balls to the wall, all out game. You can't wait for the kid to grow up to see how amazing he ends up being.

And, especially, congratulations to the Lakers on winning the series. I see a very bright, more immediate future for them (i.e. they're going to win the championship... again, LOL). Man, these next few days are going to be tough. There are TONS of Lakers fans here in Dallas. But they aren't "real" fans. They're the bandwagon fans who will suddenly not like the Lakers anymore once they stop winning championships. What makes them worse is they're extremely arrogant about it all, and they love to make you feel as horrible as possible while they beat you over the head with how great the Lakers are/how horrible your team is. So I'm going to have to deal with that for a while. :sad:

Now that both the Mavs and Thunder are out of the running, I need to find a new team to follow for the rest of the season. :ganishka:

Imperator Perpetuo said:
Now that both the Mavs and Thunder are out of the running, I need to find a new team to follow for the rest of the season. :ganishka:

Highly recommend the Cavaliers!

Exciting team to watch, with highlights aplenty. This also seems to be their year :guts:

Had to say it, sorry Lakers!

Th3Branded0ne

I'll be back.
I woke up to find out that the last quarter of the Lakers - Utah game 1. It was a pretty good quarter and it seemed the whole game was great. Tomorrow I"ll tune in to watch the Suns - Spurs game.

Griffith

Imperator Perpetuo said:
That was such a great game. It's a shame that the series had to end in Oklahoma City, but what a great way for it to end, eh?

I was following the game at Dodger Stadium, around the 7th inning, everyone near the bar seats starts running up the aisles and we realize it's because of the Laker game. Then I just start hearing crazy cheering, and I felt good inside, then they showed the replay of Pau's putback and the final score and the whole stadium went bonkers. Very cool. Dodgers won too.

Imperator Perpetuo said:
I'm really excited for the Thunder. Like everyone else, I shrugged off the series as 4-0 for the Lakers.

Not I, I was scared of them because, with Kobe hobbled, I wasn't sure we had the best player in the series. Never a good thing, especially when Durant's got such young talent surrounding him, but they were all just too green (speaking of, Jeff Green sucked). Very bright future for that team though, we better win now or... sign and trade for Chris Bosh this summer! :guts:

Imperator Perpetuo said:
zrexe said:
Highly recommend the Cavaliers!

Exciting team to watch, with highlights aplenty. This also seems to be their year :guts:

Had to say it, sorry Lakers!

That's okay, it was supposedly their year last year and I like how that turned out. :badbone:

BTW, if I may go all obnoxious Laker fan for just a moment, here's a reminder: the Lakers have lost exactly one playoff series in three years. So only one team, the loaded '08 Celtics, has been able to stop this Lakers team in a 7-game series since they acquired Pau Gasol. Just sayin. I wouldn't count them out early, or count the Cavs in for that matter, they have a much tougher road to the Finals and already look more vulnerable than they did last year despite a vastly improved roster (still lots of choking potential on that team too *cough*Mo Williams*cough*Mike Brown*cough* and I'm looking at you too, Antawn Jamison).

Anyway, let's see if the Lakers can take care of business at home against the undermanned, undersized Jazz tonight. I have fears of a redux of the Houston series from last year, except against a much more dangerous team (again, they may have the best player) with a killer home court advantage. Don't fuck around with the Jazz, Lakers.

Johnstantine

Skibbidy Boo Bop
Yeah, it was a good game. I was actually court side for it. I was sad that we lost by one point. They will forever be haunted by it.

Can't wait for next season though!

Th3Branded0ne

I'll be back.
Just saw the Lakers - Utah game. Pretty good game! Artest and Kover were hot during the third quarter. I thought it was a foul on Fisher at the last 7.8s in the game, but Utah got the timeout instead. I also, thought KOrver was going to get the ball since he was more accurate than Williams. It's 3-0 for both L.A. and PHenix. I think it's pretty set that these two teams are in the Western Finals.

グリフィス said:
BTW, if I may go all obnoxious Laker fan for just a moment, here's a reminder: the Lakers have lost exactly one playoff series in three years. So only one team, the loaded '08 Celtics, has been able to stop this Lakers team in a 7-game series since they acquired Pau Gasol. Just sayin. I wouldn't count them out early, or count the Cavs in for that matter, they have a much tougher road to the Finals and already look more vulnerable than they did last year despite a vastly improved roster (still lots of choking potential on that team too *cough*Mo Williams*cough*Mike Brown*cough* and I'm looking at you too, Antawn Jamison).

Anyway, let's see if the Lakers can take care of business at home against the undermanned, undersized Jazz tonight. I have fears of a redux of the Houston series from last year, except against a much more dangerous team (again, they may have the best player) with a killer home court advantage. Don't fuck around with the Jazz, Lakers.

Well to be fair, I support Lakers as well. I usually pick one team on each conference to cheer for. I just want my Lakers-Cavs Dream Finals. However, if it does happen, I'll be rootin' for Cavs. :guts:

Shaq and Kobe in the finals? That's a recipe for some intense drama right there. But you are right, Lakers is still superior in terms of pure talent. They pretty much need to beat themselves for anyone to win. Yea, looking at you, Artest! :ganishka:

Btw, just saw Jazz's last play in Game 3. Wes Matthews almost did what Pau did couple of games ago, but came up short. I feel sorry for the Jazz :judo:

Th3Branded0ne

I'll be back.
It's set for the Western Finals L.A. Vs Phoenix. I really liked the Suns game tonight. That stitched eye of Nash, reminded me of some characters in manga who have been cut or injured in their eyes like that. For example. Rukawa in the first game of the Inter high, Musashi when he was fighting Seijuro, and of course Guts :guts:

Griffith

The other night's LA-UTAH game 3 had me screaming at the TV, great game, Lakers and Jazz always play at such a high level in crunch time. Even I couldn't believe some of the shots we were making to win that game.

zrexe said:
Well to be fair, I support Lakers as well. I usually pick one team on each conference to cheer for. I just want my Lakers-Cavs Dream Finals. However, if it does happen, I'll be rootin' for Cavs. :guts:

Well to be fair... GET A TEAM! :guts:

zrexe said:
Shaq and Kobe in the finals? That's a recipe for some intense drama right there. But you are right, Lakers is still superior in terms of pure talent. They pretty much need to beat themselves for anyone to win.

I didn't say that, Orlando is deeper than anyone and Cleveland has pretty evenly distributed talent, LeBron aside. Lakers take their starters off the court and the wheels come off fast. All it takes is for one of the starters to have an off game and we're in trouble.

zrexe said:
Btw, just saw Jazz's last play in Game 3. Wes Matthews almost did what Pau did couple of games ago, but came up short. I feel sorry for the Jazz :judo:

I know, I thought for sure that was going in as poetic justice for the end of the OKC series. Whew.

Th3Branded0ne said:
It's set for the Western Finals L.A. Vs Phoenix.

Whoa whoa, lets hold our horses, Lakers still need to close this thing out. Nothing is over yet in Utah.

Th3Branded0ne said:
I really liked the Suns game tonight. That stitched eye of Nash, reminded me of some characters in manga who have been cut or injured in their eyes like that. For example. Rukawa in the first game of the Inter high, Musashi when he was fighting Seijuro, and of course Guts :guts:

He looked like a boxer, and reminded me of Murphy from Robo Cop, his one shut eye with the other being open super wide made and his expression his face looks kind of like a Wellerian mask. =)

Th3Branded0ne

I'll be back.
グリフィス said:
Whoa whoa, lets hold our horses, Lakers still need to close this thing out. Nothing is over yet in Utah.

No need to hold the reigns on those horses anymore. L.A. Vs Phoenix. Wester Conference Finals!

Th3Branded0ne

I'll be back.
I"m hoping for a L.A. - Boston Finals again!! I live in Phoenix, but eventhough I think they will give a fight to the Lakers, I just don't see them winning ligically or on luck.

Griffith

zrexe said:
My Cavs gone fishin' :judo:

Avenge me, Lakers!!!

The way the Cavs quit in the last minute and half, they don't even deserve vengeance, and we'll see who's rooting for them next season if LeBron isn't there. :femto:

We're happy to have your full support though. :griffnotevil:

Th3Branded0ne said:
I"m hoping for a L.A. - Boston Finals again!!

Hey, me too! Only way we get home court after the debacle at the end of the season, and of course, a chance to avenge the '08 season! Higher stakes though in the greater scheme of things, if the we lost the Celtics would go ahead of us another championship and they'd suddenly be the dominant team of the last 3 years instead of the Lakers.

Th3Branded0ne said:
I live in Phoenix, but even though I think they will give a fight to the Lakers, I just don't see them winning ligically or on luck.

I have a feeling it won't be that easy, I think it's a war of contrasting styles and it's up in the air who imposes their will on the other. I hope it's as simple as some think it will be for the Lakers with their size, but after that Spurs series, I'm not counting on it.

I was really disappointed in the overall performance by the Cavs. Call me a fairweather fan if you want, but I'll support whatever team Lebron lands on :ganishka:

I also think that Magic has a better chance meeting the Lakers than Celtics does. Magic has been manhandling those teams. Maybe Magic would do the job for me :ubik:

グリフィス said:
The way the Cavs quit in the last minute and half, they don't even deserve vengeance, and we'll see who's rooting for them next season if LeBron isn't there. :femto:

http://www.break.com/index/we-are-lebron-video.html

Maybe he ain't leaving afterall :isidro:

Th3Branded0ne

I'll be back.
Lakers won tonight in a convincing way. I think only in the 2nd quarter was when Phoenix really had a chance to close in the lead.

Griffith

Yeah, definitely a good win, though the Suns shot poorly from beyond the arc (the Lakers helped with that of course), and Bynum is a concern going forward. He was a total non-factor. Kobe is looking so good though, it might not matter, at least until the finals.

Top Bottom