LAKERS!

グリフィス said:
Anyway, I'm not really concerned about semantics, the point is when Kobe faced free agency he chose a more challenging way through rebuilding around him, while LeBron has chosen an easier way teaming with two other superstars, their roles together currently up in the air.

But as I said before, that decision was perhaps easier to take having already won three titles.

グリフィス said:
The real tragedy of the Shaq/Kobe power struggle is both their careers would have been better off had they gotten along, the team naturally transitioning from Shaq's to Kobe's while they kept winning. Especially for Shaq, they could have become the new Magic and Kareem, won more titles, and both retired as Laker greats. Instead, while Kobe is now getting consideration as the greatest Laker ever, Shaq is now a rent-a-center mercenary with no team to call his own (even those first three rings are more prominent in the context of Kobe's career now)

So true.

グリフィス said:
I try to be objective, age matters, and Kobe's got to get old some time.

But not just yet. I think I won't try to convince you that Kobe is still in the top two players in the league. It just doesn't feel right.

グリフィス said:
Well, let's see if they both get there first, they each have their hurdles to get over in each conference. Lakers have to get past everyone chasing them out West (the Thunder and Jazz come to mind), and Miami, though the sky is the limit, certainly hasn't proven anything, and really can't until the playoffs.

Exactly, which why I won't really need to gravitate towards that team in a long while.

グリフィス said:
How ironic that you root for the Lakers of Spanish football. :carcus:

I'd like to know exactly how you got to that conclusion.

Griffith

With the streak of a tear, Like morning dew
m said:
But as I said before, that decision was perhaps easier to take having already won three titles.

Yeah, but all that goes to show is LeBron couldn't do it on a contender built around him, and now he may never get the chance to prove he can.

m said:
But not just yet. I think I won't try to convince you that Kobe is still in the top two players in the league. It just doesn't feel right.

We'll just leave that to Kobe this season.

m said:
I'd like to know exactly how you got to that conclusion.

With their similar history of obscene success, why wouldn't I? I'll indulge you by flaunting your team's greatness:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/FC_Barcelona said:
FC Barcelona is one of only three clubs never to have been relegated from La Liga and is the most successful club in Spanish football along with Real Madrid, having won twenty La Liga titles, a record twenty-five Spanish Cups, eight Spanish Super Cups, four Eva Duarte Cups and two League Cups. They are also one of the most successful clubs in European football having won fourteen official major trophies in total, including ten UEFA competitions.[1] They have won three UEFA Champions League titles, a record four UEFA Cup Winners' Cups, a record three Inter-Cities Fairs Cups (the forerunner to the UEFA Europa League), three UEFA Super Cups and one FIFA Club World Cup. The club is also the only European side to have played continental football in every season since its inception in 1955.

In 2009, Barcelona became the first club in Spain to win the treble of La Liga, Copa del Rey and Champions League. FC Barcelona also became the first football team ever to win six out of six competitions in a single year thus completing the sextuple, comprising the 2008–09 La Liga, 2008–09 Copa del Rey, 2009 Supercopa de España, 2008–09 UEFA Champions League, 2009 UEFA Super Cup and 2009 FIFA Club World Cup.

Wow, not exactly an underdog you're rooting for there. :slan:

They even have a Lakers/Celtics-like rivalry with Real Madrid. Those aren't their only connections though; some interesting trivia, the Lakers and the FC Barcelona affiliated basketball team have actually played against each other.

ts_080730fcbarcelona.jpg

And LAKERS WON! :daiba:

So that's why you despise them! :troll:

グリフィス said:
With their similar history of obscene success, why wouldn't I?

Then I can just as easily say that Real Madrid are the Lakers of Spanish football. I'll even throw in another connection, one just like yours: I dislike Ronaldo almost as much as I dislike Kobe.

グリフィス said:
Wow, not exactly an underdog you're rooting for there. :slan:

I don't see why I should root for an underdog just because I don't like the Lakers.

グリフィス said:
They even have a Lakers/Celtics-like rivalry with Real Madrid.

This of course would still hold for my Real Madrid are the Lakers of Spanish football argument.

Griffith

m said:
Then I can just as easily say that Real Madrid are the Lakers of Spanish football. I'll even throw in another connection, one just like yours: I dislike Ronaldo almost as much as I dislike Kobe.

The point is either of them could be called the the Lakers of Spanish Football... or the Yankees. :guts:

m said:
I don't see why I should root for an underdog just because I don't like the Lakers.

I just think it's interesting that you dislike the Yankees and the Lakers, yet you root for a team in the same class. :carcus:

m said:
This of course would still hold for my Real Madrid are the Lakers of Spanish football argument.

No, like the Celtics, Real Madrid has more La Liga titles. Also, look at their 2009-10 results, Barcelona 1st, Madrid 2nd, just like the Lakers and Celtics, spooky! :isidro:

The Lakers will have to win more titles than the Celtics before they have the honor of being compared to Real Madrid. :troll:

On a serious note, I hope we get Matt Barnes, but I'd be happy to have Shannon Brown back for another season of awe-inspiring dunks.

Update: Barnes is confirmed, this team is going to be able to get NASTY on D (and they'll have to if they're going to have a chance against Miami). Sadly, this probably means the end of the Shannon Brown era though.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p4IKG8DWu2E

グリフィス said:
The point is either of them could be called the the Lakers of Spanish Football... or the Yankees. :guts:

The only similarities are that both Lakers and Barcelona are second in league titles in their leagues and that they have a rivalry with a team from another major city in their country which is the team they're trailing in titles. Uncanny, I'm sure these similarities are so unique to these teams that it's enough to make the comparison irrefutable.

Barcelona can't be called the Yankees of Spanish football for a simple reason, they haven't spent the amount of money Real Madrid has to get the best available players (have you heard of the so called Galácticos?). Without any doubt Real Madrid and the Yankees have that same MO while Barcelona doesn't. Need another one? Barcelona are betting on home-grown players. I wonder how many times the Yankees have done that in their recent history.

グリフィス said:
No, like the Celtics, Real Madrid has more La Liga titles.

True, but perhaps it won't be too long before this changes.

グリフィス said:
Also, look at their 2009-10 results, Barcelona 1st, Madrid 2nd, just like the Lakers and Celtics, spooky! :isidro:

Wow, what an argument, you must be right. :schierke:

グリフィス said:
I just think it's interesting that you dislike the Yankees and the Lakers, yet you root for a team in the same class. :carcus:

And I still don't see why it should be.

Griffith

m said:
The only similarities are that both Lakers and Barcelona are second in league titles in their leagues and that they have a rivalry with a team from another major city in their country which is the team they're trailing in titles. Uncanny, I'm sure these similarities are so unique to these teams that it's enough to make the comparison irrefutable.

Oh, did you think that was all? I'm just getting warmed up. :carcus:

m said:
Barcelona can't be called the Yankees of Spanish football for a simple reason, they haven't spent the amount of money Real Madrid has to get the best available players (have you heard of the so called Galácticos?). Without any doubt Real Madrid and the Yankees have that same MO while Barcelona doesn't. Need another one? Barcelona are betting on home-grown players. I wonder how many times the Yankees have done that in their recent history.

You're right, the comparison with the Lakers is much better, having drafted most of their best players too. Speaking of players, how about that Lionel Messi? There's another connection, I'd say he's definitely the Kobe Bryant of soccer! Kobe even inspired him to be the great player he is today: http://g.sports.yahoo.com/soccer/world-cup/news/how-kobe-inspired-a-young-messi--fbintl_ro-kobemessi062610.html

It's almost like Kobe is a part of FC Barcelona! Hey, wait a minute...

kobecoveri.jpg

Oh my! It's like he's really on the team! :isidro:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C1ETjF7TITs

Wow, that must be such an honor for your club! :slan:

And I'm sure you already knew this, but Pau Gasol was already more than an honorary member of the FC Barcelona family:

gasol_354_171008_ES.jpg

It's no wonder the Lakers and Barcelona organzations like to cross-promote, they have so much in common! :badbone:

m said:
True, but perhaps it won't be too long before this changes.

I hope so. Actually, I consider the Lakers even already because I count their 1948 NBL title.

m said:
Wow, what an argument, you must be right. :schierke:

Don't blame the messenger! I can't help it if our teams our so intertwined that even their seasons parallel each other! :ganishka:

m said:
And I still don't see why it should be.

That's what makes it interesting, you're obviously in denial! No matter though, we should be celebrating our similarities, not getting hung up on our differences; all hail FC Barcelona, the Lakers of futbol! :troll:

Let me start by saying I'm having lots of fun reading all the things you've come up with to connect the teams. Man, you're crafty. :serpico:

グリフィス said:
You're right, the comparison with the Lakers is much better, having drafted most of their best players too.

Damn, that's a fair point.

グリフィス said:
Speaking of players, how about that Lionel Messi? There's another connection, I'd say he's definitely the Kobe Bryant of soccer! Kobe even inspired him to be the great player he is today: http://g.sports.yahoo.com/soccer/world-cup/news/how-kobe-inspired-a-young-messi--fbintl_ro-kobemessi062610.html

I read that story when you first posted a link to it in the World Cup thread and I still think what I thought then, that the article is clearly exaggerating. Honestly, do you really think Kobe had all that influence in Messi? Really? In that brief conversation? He was already on his way to become the player he is today actually, he was almost the player he is today, he had already won Spanish League's and Champions League's titles.

I'd say that Messi is definitely the Kobe of soccer, except that one of them is humble and low-key (by today's standards) while the other isn't, and one has a certain Colorado incident in his baggage and the other one doesn't. Low blow, I know, but it's in his past and it is a difference; these facts seem to signal some big differences in their characters and I think their character has a lot to do with who they are as athletes.

グリフィス said:
It's almost like Kobe is a part of FC Barcelona! Hey, wait a minute...

http://www.insidesocal.com/tomhoffarth/kobecoveri.jpg

Oh my! It's like he's really on the team! :isidro:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C1ETjF7TITs

Wow, that must be such an honor for your club! :slan:

I've known for along time that Kobe was a soccer fan, and that's one thing I've always respected about him, he seems to be a true fan of the sport unlike some other sports stars/celebrities that call themselves fans.

The fact that he happens to like a team that is sponsored by his own sponsor? Extremely convenient. I wonder how that photo shoot would have turned out had he been a supporter of an adidas sponsored team.

グリフィス said:
And I'm sure you already knew this, but Pau Gasol was already more than an honorary member of the FC Barcelona family:

http://archivo.marca.com/ficheros/marca/imagenes/gasol_354_171008_ES.jpg​

I did actually, also, I've never told you this but I like Gasol.

グリフィス said:
Don't blame the messenger! I can't help it if our teams our so intertwined that even their seasons parallel each other! :ganishka:

Please, like this happens every year.

グリフィス said:
That's what makes it interesting, you're obviously in denial! No matter though, we should be celebrating our similarities, not getting hung up on our differences; all hail FC Barcelona, the Lakers of futbol! :troll:

You've only added one similarity. Still not enough.

Griffith

m said:
Let me start by saying I'm having lots of fun reading all the things you've come up with to connect the teams. Man, you're crafty. :serpico:

I'm enjoying it as well. :guts:

m said:
I read that story when you first posted a link to it in the World Cup thread and I still think what I thought then, that the article is clearly exaggerating. Honestly, do you really think Kobe had all that influence in Messi? Really? In that brief conversation? He was already on his way to become the player he is today actually, he was almost the player he is today, he had already won Spanish League's and Champions League's titles.

Now, I don't want to say Kobe taught him everything he knows, but... just kidding. Yeah, it's a puff piece because Kobe just won the title and the World Cup was going on. It didn't help Argentina, anyway. Though, Kobe said he was pulling for Spain.

m said:
I'd say that Messi is definitely the Kobe of soccer, except that one of them is humble and low-key (by today's standards) while the other isn't, and one has a certain Colorado incident in his baggage and the other one doesn't. Low blow, I know, but it's in his past and it is a difference; these facts seem to signal some big differences in their characters and I think their character has a lot to do with who they are as athletes.

That can go both ways if you want to talk about character as an athlete. Kobe has had to overcome an inordinate amount of personal and professional adversity, some of his own making, some not, to achieve the status he has now, as not only the greatest basketball player in the world, but even America's favorite athlete. This was unthinkable a few short years ago when he was being crushed and reviled in the media. It highlights his most admirable quality, his inexhaustible determination. Even though it's seemingly impossible, Kobe's still chasing Michael Jordan's status as the best player ever by sheer endurance (by the end of Kobe's career, he could realistically have more points, records, wins, and championships than Jordan). Also, he's matured a lot, the stereotype of him being an especially selfish and arrogant athlete are old and exaggerated at this point (by today's standards =).

m said:
I've known for along time that Kobe was a soccer fan, and that's one thing I've always respected about him, he seems to be a true fan of the sport unlike some other sports stars/celebrities that call themselves fans.

I don't think it was an accident he chose the number 10 for international competition.

m said:
The fact that he happens to like a team that is sponsored by his own sponsor? Extremely convenient. I wonder how that photo shoot would have turned out had he been a supporter of an adidas sponsored team.

Another connection! :ubik:

And come on, getting a bit conspiratorial there, now you just sound uncomfortable rooting for Kobe's favorite team. :iva:

m said:
I did actually, also, I've never told you this but I like Gasol.

How could anybody not? I watched the Lakers clinch the title this year in my Pau jersey. I still remember when he first arrived, and I made this:

lakersimprovement.jpg

BTW, this song to the music of Bohemian Rhapsody covers a lot of what we've been discussing, from Kobe's trade demands to the arrival of Gasol and the Lakers resurgence with him:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ryG_uA0lG4k

It's amusing... but maybe only to Laker fans?

m said:
You've only added one similarity. Still not enough.

Give me a break, for something I just tossed out there, even you're impressed by all crossover I was able to find. I certainly wasn't expecting as much. I mean, realistically, how much more affiliated can an NBA and La Liga team get? :ganishka:

????? said:
That can go both ways if you want to talk about character as an athlete. Kobe has had to overcome an inordinate amount of personal and professional adversity, some of his own making, some not, to achieve the status he has now, as not only the greatest basketball player in the world, but even America's favorite athlete. This was unthinkable a few short years ago when he was being crushed and reviled in the media. It highlights his most admirable quality, his inexhaustible determination. Even though it's seemingly impossible, Kobe's still chasing Michael Jordan's status as the best player ever by sheer endurance (by the end of Kobe's career, he could realistically have more points, records, wins, and championships than Jordan). Also, he's matured a lot, the stereotype of him being an especially selfish and arrogant athlete are old and exaggerated at this point (by today's standards =).

All I wanted to say was that Messi shouldn't be called the Kobe of anything and you seemed to have helped. :serpico:

????? said:
And come on, getting a bit conspiratorial there, now you just sound uncomfortable rooting for Kobe's favorite team. :iva:

I'm sure strangest things have happened when it comes to advertisement, sponsorships and branding. I guess we may know the truth some day.

????? said:
How could anybody not? I watched the Lakers clinch the title this year in my Pau jersey. I still remember when he first arrived, and I made this:

http://www.skullknight.net/griffith/lakersimprovement.jpg

Yeah, I remember this one, still funny.

????? said:
BTW, this song to the music of Bohemian Rhapsody covers a lot of what we've been discussing, from Kobe's trade demands to the arrival of Gasol and the Lakers resurgence with him:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ryG_uA0lG4k

It's amusing... but maybe only to Laker fans?

It was amusing alright.

????? said:
Give me a break, for something I just tossed out there, even you're impressed by all crossover I was able to find. I certainly wasn't expecting as much. I mean, realistically, how much more affiliated can an NBA and La Liga team get? :ganishka:

The thing is though, that you were supposed to give arguments to sustain the claim that the teams could be compared based on what they are with respect to their own leagues, not to prove that there were lots of connections between them, as fun as those connections may be, or that they were somehow affiliated. And that I don't think you did that to a good enough degree, at least not in my opinion.

Griffith

m said:
All I wanted to say was that Messi shouldn't be called the Kobe of anything and you seemed to have helped. :serpico:

Agreed, he should show such determination and accomplish more in his young career before we give him such accolades. :slan:

m said:
The thing is though, that you were supposed to give arguments to sustain the claim that the teams could be compared based on what they are with respect to their own leagues, not to prove that there were lots of connections between them, as fun as those connections may be, or that they were somehow affiliated. And that I don't think you did that to a good enough degree, at least not in my opinion.

It's as fair as calling the Lakers the Yankees of Basketball, which I don't even object to. I was always speaking merely in terms of highly successful marque franchises in the world of sports, and in those terms, I find it strange that you root for one and seemingly hold it against others.

BTW, weren't we talking about the Miami Heat? I think I was playfully calling them cheats and now we're somehow here. =)

Th3Branded0ne

I'll be back.
For me the Heat only look as contenders on paper. I still have thing hunch that I think they will have problems internally within the team, I don't know why? It's not like I dislike them or anything like that, or that Lebron moved there, I just think it might happen because I think there will be alot of pressure for this team knowing they have some talent behind to try to win the Championship. Also, I do like the Lakers, I can say I am mostly a sports fanatic more than a follower of a team. If any game gives me the feeling that is going to be a good game, I just watch it regardless of who is playing. We'll see how this coming NBA season turns out to be with all these trades.

Griffith said:
Agreed, he should show such determination and accomplish more in his young career before we give him such accolades. :slan:

And he should get in trouble with the ladies after he gets married too. :troll:

Griffith said:
It's as fair as calling the Lakers the Yankees of Basketball, which I don't even object to. I was always speaking merely in terms of highly successful marque franchises in the world of sports, and in those terms, I find it strange that you root for one and seemingly hold it against others.

I didn't call the Lakers the Yankees of basketball, I don't think, at least not seriously. I only said I dislike them both. And I don't dislike those teams because they are highly successful marque franchises, where did you get that preposterous hypothesis, did Steve tell you that perchance? Steve (Sorry, I've been listening to and watching the Flight of the Conchords a lot lately and I couldn't resist)

Griffith said:
BTW, weren't we talking about the Miami Heat? I think I was playfully calling them cheats and now we're somehow here. =)

Fun ride, though. :serpico:

Griffith

Th3Branded0ne said:
For me the Heat only look as contenders on paper. I still have thing hunch that I think they will have problems internally within the team, I don't know why? It's not like I dislike them or anything like that, or that Lebron moved there, I just think it might happen because I think there will be alot of pressure for this team knowing they have some talent behind to try to win the Championship.

Well, I certainly hope you're right. =)

Th3Branded0ne said:
Also, I do like the Lakers, I can say I am mostly a sports fanatic more than a follower of a team. If any game gives me the feeling that is going to be a good game, I just watch it regardless of who is playing. We'll see how this coming NBA season turns out to be with all these trades.

Same here, if the sport is at all interesting, even if I don't usually follow it, I'll watch if the stakes are high enough.

m said:
And he should get in trouble with the ladies after he gets married too. :troll:

Knock on wood, Kobe was coming off a championship at about the same age when he got married. :carcus:

m said:
I didn't call the Lakers the Yankees of basketball, I don't think, at least not seriously. I only said I dislike them both. And I don't dislike those teams because they are highly successful marque franchises, where did you get that preposterous hypothesis, did Steve tell you that perchance? Steve (Sorry, I've been listening to and watching the Flight of the Conchords a lot lately and I couldn't resist)

Haha, yeah, I immediately got the reference, and I guess I should just know: haters gon' hate! :ganishka:

m said:
Fun ride, though. :serpico:

And another thing about the Miami Cheats, it's like a Batman movie where they have to team up three super villains because none of them could beat Batman on their own. Just dirty. Also, LeBron is definitely Two-Face.

Speaking of which, after sticking a knife in the back of his already depressed hometown of Cleveland, now LeBron's trying to get Chris Paul to leave a still recovering New Orleans and destroy basketball there too!? He really is a basketball super villain! What's next? Is LeBron going to leave team USA to play for Iran at the Olympics!? :guts:

Griffith

zrexe said:
http://hangtime.blogs.nba.com/2011/02/02/artest-wants-out/?ls=iref:nbahpt1

After his game 7 heroics, it's kinda sad to hear him wanna leave the Lakers. But oh well, that's just Ron for you.

According to the updated article this has since been denied, and that's confirmed by my sources. =)

zrexe said:
What do you guys think are the chances of it actually happening?

Highly unlikely, he looks done and his contract goes on for three more years after this one. Basically, we'd be lucky if this were true and someone took him, but nobody wants him.

Maybe we could trade him for Trevor Ariza? :ganishka:

Th3Branded0ne

I'll be back.
So Griff, now the Hornets and Lakers are tied. Seems reminiscent of the Thunder series last year, but this one more tactical than explosive. I'm hoping for a Thunder - Lakers West finals.

Griffith

Th3Branded0ne said:
So Griff, now the Hornets and Lakers are tied. Seems reminiscent of the Thunder series last year, but this one more tactical than explosive.

It really reminds me of the Houston series from two years back, the Lakers letting down against a depleted but tenacious opponent. Lakers are like a college student pushing how long they procrastinate before cramming and still pass, but sooner or later they're really gonna get burned. At best, they continually handicap themselves by squandering their margin for error. No matter how talented you are, sometimes you play your hardest and still lose a game; what are they going to do when that happens after they put themselves in another needless must-win situation? They may have already forfeited the title anyway that way by giving up home court to the Heat when they easily should have secured it at the end of the season. BTW, I'm a lot of fun to hang out with during the games. =)

Th3Branded0ne said:
I'm hoping for a Thunder - Lakers West finals.

I'm not, I want the Spurs to limp their way there, bloody and beaten. :beast:

Not looking good though.

What a way to end a season. The whole thing is just sad.

I thought I'd get happy if I read that the Lakers had lost but I didn't. So sad.

Double post and reviving an old thread. Fantastic!

I just wanted to say that I'd really like to watch the game this article refers to: http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/vault/article/magazine/MAG1201220/1/index.htm, but I'm not sure there's a basketball dedicated thread so I thought I'd put it here.

Th3Branded0ne

I'll be back.
m said:
Double post and reviving an old thread. Fantastic!

I just wanted to say that I'd really like to watch the game this article refers to: http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/vault/article/magazine/MAG1201220/1/index.htm, but I'm not sure there's a basketball dedicated thread so I thought I'd put it here.

Great find m, I enjoyed reading this 14 page article. Just as you, I would like to see the video of this game.

Griffith

http://vimeo.com/44164302

Skip to to the 37:50 mark, fellas. You don't get see much of the game, but it gives you an idea of the intensity they played with. Man, I wish they'd just release the unedited video! Though maybe its best for the legend if it remains unseen, I have a feeling it turned into an ugly game. :carcus:

BTW, another of the greatest games few have seen:

http://sports.espn.go.com/espnmag/story?section=magazine&id=3575385

See for yourself: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s9-MNf2RO5k#t=4m57s

Jesus, looking at it again even I'm amazed how inexplicably tight this game gets in the 4th quarter, and I watched it live. Seriously, watch the video from that starting point. In hindsight everyone acts like the "Redeem Team" rolled like it was a given, but anyone that's watched some basketball will recognize they were on the edge of real disaster here. Simmons is right, had they blown this game they would have been more infamous than The Nightmare Team.

Th3Branded0ne said:
Great find m, I enjoyed reading this 14 page article. Just as you, I would like to see the video of this game.

I'm glad you enjoyed the article! I actually got the link from a friend. :iva:

Griffith said:
Skip to to the 37:50 mark, fellas. You don't get see much of the game, but it gives you an idea of the intensity they played with.

I get the impression that you meant to add a link, or perhaps I'm missing something? :???:

Griffith said:
BTW, another of the greatest games few have seen:

http://sports.espn.go.com/espnmag/story?section=magazine&id=3575385

See for yourself: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s9-MNf2RO5k#t=4m57s

Jesus, looking at it again even I'm amazed how inexplicably tight this game gets in the 4th quarter, and I watched it live. Seriously, watch the video from that starting point. In hindsight everyone acts like the "Redeem Team" rolled like it was a given, but anyone that's watched some basketball will recognize they were on the edge of real disaster here. Simmons is right, had they blown this game they would have been more infamous than The Nightmare Team.

Great game! :ubik: I don't think I saw it live. Let's hope the London games bring us good basketball!

Reading the article and watching this video made me want to shoot some hoops.

Griffith

m said:
I get the impression that you meant to add a link, or perhaps I'm missing something? :???:

Whoops, got lost in the link copy-pasting shuffle. Fixed, and here it is again:

37:50

m said:
Great game! :ubik: I don't think I saw it live. Let's hope the London games bring us good basketball!

Reading the article and watching this video made me want to shoot some hoops.

Yeah, I remember my reaction at the time was that it turned into the end of a Lakers game somehow. Glad Kobe didn't shoot us out of it. :iva:

Speaking of which, if that happens this time, we're going to lose.

Griffith said:
Whoops, got lost in the link copy-pasting shuffle. Fixed, and here it is again:

37:50

Thanks for the link! I started watching at 37:50 and ended up watching until the end. Like you I wish they'd just release the unedited footage of the Monte Carlo game.

I remember Stockton not being recognized on the street even by the girl with the dream team shirt. :ganishka:

Top Bottom