1:1 scale replica of Skull Knight Helmet!!!

Portgas said:
They look perfect to me.

Yeah same here. As you can see in Aaz's pictures of SK they are quite small. If they were larger it wouldn't look that great, besides at least the spikes on his collar are pretty large. :badbone:

Drakull said:
The pikes are too small for the head imo !

Hey Drakull, actually, James initially made them bigger, but I talked it over with Aaz and we decided to get them to go down in size some. Me, personally, I'm quite happy with the size/angle of them right now. I hope it's not a big deal for you!

I'm pretty interested in this piece, though the shape of the eye sockets don't strike me with the intensity I take away from Miura's portrayals. Maybe the finished product will correct this, though.

READY FOR MOLDING! Lookie!

James said:
Here's the final head for molding. Any little "lumpy/bumpy" spots will get sanded smooth after each casting, then I will spray a mild texture that we can go over later. I left the spikes on, but remember I'm going to mold the best ones, cast them, sand and tool them for optimal shape and size and mold them again. I will be able to grind out and sand smooth the eye sockets deeper after each casting as well. I need to leave it filled in a little for now for ease of molding. Same goes for the back inside of jaw behind the teeth. After I cast one I will grind that area too, so it will be a void and make it look real.

*uploaded 8.26.09*
wip082609_1.jpg

wip082609_2.jpg

wip082609_3.jpg

wip082609_4.jpg

If you guys are interested, please let me know so we can get together a more accurate list.

Molding pics!

James said:
Just thought you might like to see some pics of the molding process. It is a little different than the Guts' helmet. I'm making a case mold, which will allow me to get even more pulls than 30, since we're offering two different options. It's a stronger and better mold because there will be no air trapped in the silicone and I will have a more even thickness all around.

I'll be working on the collar as soon as I can get a casting out of the finished mold.

Anyway, on to the pics. All I have to do is remove the fiberglass jacket, then remove the clay and plastic wrap--put the fiberglass jacket back on and then poor the silicone.

wip_090209_01.jpg

wip_090209_02.jpg

wip_090209_03.jpg

wip_090209_04.jpg

wip_090209_05.jpg

So fascinating how James does all this!!!

When James says "offering two different options" does that mean 2 different paint schemes (iron/bone) or does that mean with and without the collar?

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
Nirvana said:
When James says "offering two different options" does that mean 2 different paint schemes (iron/bone) or does that mean with and without the collar?

With and without the collar.

DirectDK said:
However, James mentioned the collar and the skull will be casted in 2 separate molds, and thus he said we could have 2 versions (1 with, and 1 without the collar). Reason for this would be simply to have a cheaper alternative for those that might prefer to save some cash, yet still able to have the centerpiece of the replica.

Sizing up the collar and spikes! Pics down below. Also, a note about PRICING from James.

James said:
For just the head suspended on a good, thick, clear acrylic rod and circular base (which I'll be making this week) and glowing eyes will be $365. plus $35.00 shipping. For the head with glowing eyes and spiked collar suspended on the clear acrylic rod and circular base will be $525.00 with $75.00 shipping. The cost is more because I learned some things on the last one and the clear rod isn't cheap.

Ideally, James would like to start receiving deposits soon, because it'll help him buy all the materials. So if you're one of the "yes" people, please prepare for your payment. Thanks!

wip_090309_1.jpg

wip_090309_2.jpg

wip_090309_3.jpg

ghadrack

Not a llama or your momma!
I talked to JtotheP on another board that we belong to and he told me to go ahead and sign up here. I'm in, I'd like to make my deposit next Friday, the 11th I think. I've dropped quite a bit on kits and need to build up a little fun money before I break the bank. I'm in for the full version, Helm and Collar.

Master of the Obvious said:
I talked to JtotheP on another board that we belong to and he told me to go ahead and sign up here. I'm in, I'd like to make my deposit next Friday, the 11th I think. I've dropped quite a bit on kits and need to build up a little fun money before I break the bank. I'm in for the full version, Helm and Collar.

Glad you could join us, and thanks for wanting to put a deposit down soon. It'll help JtotheP a lot =). Bruhaha paid his already, so he's the first one! Go him! :serpico:

Top Bottom