How much are the manga volumes where you are?

skullnights_pants

I'm a llama!
I buy all my manga off amazon because its cheaper then in stores.

Last year they used to sell the berserk volumes all for £6 which is pretty good, now they are £9.45 per volume.

Thats ridiculous IMO, you can nearly buy two volumes of manga for that price (e.g. the viz ones)

Just my rant, its stupidly expensive and I cannot afford to buy any of the berserk volumes right now.

cucu4coco

Who dat?!
In U.S., I buy from rightstuf and normal prices and pre-orders are $10.46 and advance pre-orders are $11.21. No tax and free ship over $50.

Yesterday, just placed an order 'cuz they're having a 33% off retail price for Dark Horse production (Berserk, etc.) so prices came to $9.30 and $9.97. Also got 8 or 10% discount for being a club member (cost $10 annual fee).

Before bought from tfaw 'cuz their "nick & dent" (not mint condition) books was half-off retail. Selection changes constantly and for the older releases.

In Australia it's to expensive to buy single volumes from amazon (around $35 including shipping) and the only comic shop in my town sells them for $27 a volume.

So collecting Berserk is expensive, but well worth the cost.

Here in Norway the price per Berserk volume is 139 Norwegian KR - which is about 21.80 $. I recently ordered volume 29 from Amazon and it totaled at 18.92 $. In other words; it's cheaper to have the books sendt across the Atlantic than purchasing them from local shops (not that many places to buy Berserk over here though).

I live in Poland. I buy manga on-line since my local comic book shops rarely carry anything foreign (and the local releases are mostly meh). The prices vary. There are two shops which can get DH Berserk for 40-50 zł (13-17$). Ordering from Amazon or others can be cheaper if you buy in bulk or look out for discounts. Local manga releases usually cost in the 20 zł area so ordering from abroad is a bit painful for the wallet. I'm still spoiled from the good times when the currency exchange rates were around 2zł=1$ (a year ago). I ordered tons of stuff every week. Now 1$ is more than 3 zł so it's harder and harder to get a decent price. The worst case is with the Japanese releases. The yen costs now twice it used to just 2 years ago. And I happen to own Japanese Berserk releases (MBR volumes 1-9). My Berserk related purchases are on hold ATM. :judo:

I'm still extremally envious of people who live in the US or even UK (Judge Dredd/Slaine/2000AD FTW) since they have so much better access to good manga and comics. You usually don't have to pay for shipping and get discounted prices on top of that. I spend crazy amount of time checking prices and calculating costs before each purchase. I'd sell my soul to the devil to have a Book Off or a similar shop around. At the moment I'm happy if the discounts make up for the shipping costs so I can get books for their cover price.

Top Bottom