Episode 306

INSANE ! I bearly can talk about all this stuff. Dragons ! The return of the GH !
Miura is da man ! He knows how to end a volume. The Merging is complete.

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
Yeah, amazing stuff all around. All the God Hand's fans out there will surely very pleased with this episode. :guts: Also, note the neat little reference to Hieronymus Bosch's Garden of Earthly Delights (with Ubik sitting in there and having tea :void:).

Oburi

All praise Grail
All i can say is....

JESUSTITTYFUCKINGCHRIST

Sorry, honest reaction. Looks like you were right Aaz, the return of the trolls :guts: and is that a fucking dragon! Got some ghouls, zombie skeletons, another elf and it looks like imps. I also see Void, Ubik, Conrad and.. is that Slan?

This is too much for my brain right now but I can see this all coming together masterfully.

I love Berserk

Aazealh said:
Also, note the neat little reference to Hieronymus Bosch's Garden of Earthly Delights (with Ubik sitting in there and having tea :void:).

I knew that seemed familiar too me but I didn't know exactly where it came from. Thanks!

Daijyashin

Berserk is Divine and Human
Aazealh said:
Yeah, amazing stuff all around. All the God Hand's fans out there will surely very pleased with this episode. :guts: Also, note the neat little reference to Hieronymus Bosch's Garden of Earthly Delights (with Ubik sitting in there and having tea :void:).

Yep! :guts:

Moreover it's interesting to discover the favourite sephiras of the God Hand.(IMO of course) :void:

It's impressive to see the Slan's one. It seems there are a lot of female bodies..(maybe horny :guts:)

Very very originally blended stuff. :azan:

(yeah Ubik is the man!) :ganishka:

uuuuh, even the apostles look surprised, looks like Miura is integrating a lot of fantasy elements with this merging of the worlds.
Hehe that image of Ubik is very cool

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
Marik said:
Moreover it's interesting to discover the favourite sephiras of the God Hand.(IMO of course) :void:

It's impressive to see the Slan's one. It seems there are a lot of female bodies..(maybe horny :guts:)

You know, you shouldn't stay so fixed on the context of sephiroth (the plural of sephirah, like I already told you). It's a rather vague notion. What we see in this episode are examples of outlandish panoramas but that doesn't mean they are the sephiroth themselves in their entirety, you understand? And similarly, none of the members of the God Hand we see here are formless. If you search for explanations I'm sure you can find some old posts I made on the subject.

As for Slan, yes those are naked female bodies. And I think it's a reference to another famous work of art. Can't remember which exactly; maybe this one, by Gustave Doré: http://fullhomelydivinity.org/images/angels/dore-angel%20host.jpg

Johnstantine said:
Any way someone could post the pics directly on the forum?

I can't view them at work :sad:

I'm at work myself and very busy at the moment, so no, sorry. Just wait until you get home.

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
Void has finally come back home :void:

My god there are no words for how awesome this episode is. Ubik having tea made me truly lol. Miura took our meager predictions about what would come out of the joining of worlds and blasted them out of the stratosphere.

I suppose what's most foreboding to me though is those final pages. The Ganishka tower is glowing like it's about to explode. What could be next, Miura? Oh yeah, and wow, what a truly bold way to end the volume.

"My god... it's full of stars!" :ganishka:

Daijyashin

Berserk is Divine and Human
Aazealh said:
You know, you shouldn't stay so fixed on the context of sephiroth (the plural of sephirah, like I already told you). It's a rather vague notion. What we see in this episode are examples of outlandish panoramas but that doesn't mean they are the sephiroth themselves in their entirety, you understand? And similarly, none of the members of the God Hand we see here are formless. If you search for explanations I'm sure you can find some old posts I made on the subject.

Yes I got what you mean. In fact I wasn't sure about it, it was just my opinion. Interesting anyway to see those panoramas.

Aazealh said:
As for Slan, yes those are naked female bodies. And I think it's a reference to another famous work of art. Can't remember which exactly; maybe this one, by Gustave Doré: http://fullhomelydivinity.org/images/angels/dore-angel%20host.jpg

Ok. :serpico:

Dar_Klink

Last Guardian when? - CyberKlink 20XX before dying
My brain can barely process all of this right now after a sleepless night and with a day of work ahead of me... this is just amazing.

I love the direction Miura is taking Berserk in. I've always been curious if we'd see some of the more surreal themes/environments like Miura created in volume 3 (the Escher-esque dimension when the Count summoned the God Hand) and the Eclipse. I can't wait for this episode. And thank you so much for the preview, Aaz. :)

I guess that Guts is in trouble, since the ghouls would only attack him during the night, now he'll be fighting 24/7.
Does this mean there will be a manhunt on Guts?

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
fuxberg said:
I guess that Guts is in trouble, since the ghouls would only attack him during the night, now he'll be fighting 24/7.
Does this mean there will be a manhunt on Guts?

Well they sure as hell better get to Elfhelm before the protections Flora gave them wear out... But the question is also (and that's something I called long ago) whether or not specters will now be attacking normal people whenever they want. That'd truly make for a hellish life.

puella said:
It says:

Humans' desire

Fantasia

I have a feeling they'll get more than what they bargained for. :zodd:

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
By the way, nobody's commented on it yet, but it looks like elves are back in the world. Will they help humans survive the onslaught of supernatural beasts? Or will they just be carefree and mischievous? :puck:

Rhombaad

Video Game Time Traveler
Whoa... :griff: Thanks for posting the preview pics, Aaz and for the translation of the title, puella! The Garden of Earthly Delights pic caught me off guard until I saw little Ubik sitting in there having tea, haha. Can't wait for the full episode!

Aazealh said:
There will be a break after this episode; the serialization will resume on September 25 in YA #19.

Looks like it's time to read the series again! :guts:

Aazealh said:
By the way, nobody's commented on it yet, but it looks like elves are back in the world. Will they help humans survive the onslaught of supernatural beasts? Or will they just be carefree and mischievous? :puck:

The first thing I thought of was that panel where Puck is stealing from that wizard, haha.

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
Rhombaad said:
Whoa... :griff: Thanks for posting the preview pics, Aaz and for the translation of the title, puella!

That's not the title, only the words on the page she quoted.

Nice preview Aazealh.

Now I fear only a thing... A Kraken near Roderick's ship....

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kraken

jackson_hurley

even the horses are cut in half!
Wow really cool preview!!! Thank you Aaz. Humm I'm having difficulty finding Void, is he on the page with the ghoul?

Anyways I can't wait to see the full episode because this looks like the most bizarre episode in all the series and that makes me very very happy.

Edit: Never mind about Void I think I just found it. hehe

Top Bottom