Episode 306

what to say? it's all simply hallucinating!!!
the picture with the fucking gigantic dragon makes me think that Guts's Dragon Slayer will finally found her true meaning!. :beast:

As I looked at the previews "Ode to Joy" started playing in the background. Calling this episode epic would be an understatement.

I'm especially thrilled by the homage to The Garden of Earthly Delights. It's one of my favorite artworks ever - the sort of painting you can study over and over and still discover new details each time.

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
jackson_hurley said:
Humm I'm having difficulty finding Void, is he on the page with the ghoul?
It's the page with the GIANT FUCKING BRAIN :void:

Sept... Guess we'll have some time to do some renovations to the Encyclopedia! :troll:

Are those wyverns or dragons on the mountain cliffs? Maybe I'm missing something, but the the two riders don't seem to be that concerned about their presence.

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
DetriusXii said:
Are those wyverns or dragons on the mountain cliffs? Maybe I'm missing something, but the the two riders don't seem to be that concerned about their presence.

It's wyverns next to the riders. Might be a dragon grasping the castle tower on the other page, though. As for the riders, no idea. Maybe they're supernatural creatures themselves?

Wow. I almost expected the dragons, trolls, and such but God Hand appearing is surprising. I wonder if Skull Knight no longer has a need to leap through layers, or even can. Also, now that the God Hand is here, I wonder if they can be killed. I'm sure if dragons, trolls, and such can physically die, maybe angels can too. :troll: I wonder if in the long run, if that Griffith merging the worlds was the event that leads to their down fall? And most importantly, there is a radical change, some of these monsters are going to be embedded in the culture and history of this new world, I wonder and more so doubt...that this event is reversable. I feel these monsters are here to stay. But then again if one day all these monsters appeared, and then one day all disappeared, I guess the towns folk wouldn't so much against it. hehehehe

Like mentioned, Guts and co. should get out of the water, who knows was ye under. Speaking of which Ms. Schierke , I wonder if her spirits that she summons time to time are more accessible now, or will grow in strength now that the worlds are closer together. Maybe the odds haven't really changed, maybe Miura simply turned the volume up louder if you know what I mean.

~Just speculations of course.

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
Death, I think everything you just posted has been discussed at length in the past 3 episode threads.

What's the creature to the left of the dragon on the rooftop? A giant? Conrad is looking especially kick ass; very ominous. This is balls to the wall nuts. SO much heaved in our faces. Fuck me this is such a great time to be a Berserk fan.

Random: I always, well for years now, had this image of the apostle army up against a crap ton of dragons (sprinkle Guts and Co. in there). I kinda felt it was sort of far fetched, but now, I wouldn't be so surprised if I saw it transpire. :guts:

I cannot wait to read this episode in it's entirety. Imagine being in a coma, waking up and reading ALL OF THIS in one volume, you'd probably lapse right back into your comatose state.

THANK YOU MIURA!

P.S. I used to look back on the Eclipse as being the end all be all of how much Miura could throw at us at once. Boy the Eclipse sure does seem tame right about now.

Jesus. Brain... still... processing...

I can say with full honesty that each of the past four or five episodes have been, successively, my favorite episodes in Berserk, just for pure, immediate emotional impact, and a consistent feeling of pure awe.

I certainly don't know of any other manga that has made me feel that so solidly and repeatedly in so few episodes, but Berserk has done it often, now. Just a pure, electric thrill of 'my god, it's full of win!' and such.

Miura: best mangaka.

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
Proj2501 said:
What's the creature to the left of the dragon on the rooftop? A giant?

I would think so.

Proj2501 said:
Conrad is looking especially kick ass; very ominous.

They're all great IMHO. Slan, same as usual. Ubik's just downright madness. And Void is simply beautiful. Double page of BRAIN.

Proj2501 said:
P.S. I used to look back on the Eclipse as being the end all be all of how much Miura could throw at us at once. Boy the Eclipse sure does seem tame right about now.

I've been saying this day would come, and all those years people wouldn't listen! :mozgus:

Preview-up370030.jpg

Rhombaad

Video Game Time Traveler
I can't wait to see some of this stuff in greater detail. Poor Enoch Village is probably overrun again...

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
Wow. ALL 2 page spreads so far! Well there are certainly many more creatures than was initially shown by the scans. It will take us a while to identify them all , but I think it's clear these are all mythical and legendary creatures. This is really just as we thought it would be -- the Enoch Village invasion of spirit creatures, but on a global scale.

Check the fourth picture down from the top, right side, those little imp/goblin type guys with long pointy ears -- could be what we saw a glimpse of hiding in the trees in the beginning of vol 22, laughing to itself? If so, cool that Miura remembered it.

PS: Oh, and I'm of course ecstatic to see that Void took up a 2 page spread with just his brain. I smell a new avatar in my future when we get the full res scans. :void:

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
Walter said:
Well there are certainly many more creatures than was initially shown by the scans. It will take us a while to identify them all , but I think it's clear these are all mythical and legendary creatures.

You think so? I think I've already identified all those we can clearly see: hill giant (or something similar), dragon, trolls, skeletons, goblins, spectres, elves, wyverns.

Walter said:
Check the fourth picture down from the top, right side, those little imp/goblin type guys with long pointy ears -- could be what we saw a glimpse of hiding in the trees in the beginning of vol 22, laughing to itself? If so, cool that Miura remembered it.

Yeah it seems to be the same kind of creature.

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
Aazealh said:
You think so? I think I've already identified all those we can clearly see: hill giant (or something similar), dragon, trolls, skeletons, goblins, spectres, elves, wyverns.
You're right, it's not perfectly clear yet with these low resolution images, but on the fourth page down there are two mysterious ones I can't easily put a name to. The ones in the ceiling rafters holding ... something, and the one coming out of an apparent swamp.

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
Walter said:
You're right, it's not perfectly clear yet with these low resolution images, but on the fourth page down there are two mysterious ones I can't easily put a name to. The ones in the ceiling rafters holding ... something, and the one coming out of an apparent swamp.

Yeah I've been straining my eyes as well, but it's just too small for me to figure out anything right now.

Rhombaad

Video Game Time Traveler
Walter said:

I was wondering the same thing myself. At first I thought the things in the rafters were trolls, but upon closer inspection they're slightly different.

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
Rhombaad said:
I was wondering the same thing myself. At first I thought the things in the rafters were trolls, but upon closer inspection they're slightly different.

Yeah and it looks like they're cleaning the roof. 2 big ones with brooms and a smaller one carrying a bucket... Weird stuff. Maybe servant of a magician or something? And the river monster skulking on the kids playing in the background doesn't look anything like a Kelpie either (doesn't look like anything at all right now actually :ganishka:).

Walter said:

The swamp-creature could be a Neck (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nix). It's been described in various ways, but in Scandinavia it's often known as a scary looking humanoid, partially submerged in the water as it's looking for victims.

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
D-Scape said:
The swamp-creature could be a Neck (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nix). It's been described in various ways, but in Scandinavia it's often known as a scary looking humanoid, partially submerged in the water as it's looking for victims.

Good idea, it could fit the part (although maybe a bit broad).

By the way, Miura's comment this time is that for the past few episodes, the manga has been looking like an illustration book, but that we shouldn't worry: it'll get back to "normal" soon.

Rhombaad

Video Game Time Traveler
Aazealh said:
By the way, Miura's comment this time is that for the past few episodes, the manga has been looking like an illustration book, but that we shouldn't worry: it'll get back to "normal" soon.

Haha, that's awesome. I wasn't particularly worried. :ganishka:

Top Bottom