Episode 306

Eh, I really liked the past few episodes of Berserk for those reasons. Like all great storytellers should do; show, don't tell. The reaction shots from the human characters are pretty much the reactions of the fans these past few episodes!

Honestly, Ganishka's death, whilst he was obviously going to die, I doubt we could tell his death would have such a massive impact upon the story as this. To say he went out with a bang is certainly an understatement. :ganishka:

Love how Miura is bringing the God Hand into the story once again (we haven't seen them all together collectively for a long time, have we?)

Speaking of which, what the hell has happened to Daiba and Rakshas? We saw Skully, Zodd and Femto all get away, but them two, we didn't...

Griffith

With the streak of a tear, Like morning dew
So, uh... holy shit? :isidro: :SK: :griffnotevil:

Aazealh said:
By the way, Miura's comment this time is that for the past few episodes, the manga has been looking like an illustration book, but that we shouldn't worry: it'll get back to "normal" soon.

:ganishka:

We've been waiting for these abnormalities for a long time, so he can go ahead and take it as far as he wants. I'm really digging these designs, much more than I initially liked the Trolls and Ogres to be honest. It's also interesting to see what was already a fantasy world, being flooded with an even more fanciful fantasy world. This obviously isn't a brand new concept, though I find when it's done in more modern settings for effect, it's cheesy, but here the impact is ironically much more "real" to me, I feel the awe of it and the sense of, "Is this really happening!?" I guess 33 volumes of setup will do that. =)

Of course, the God Hand stuff is most interesting, now I guess we have some idea what each of their "preferred sephira" are about. The fantasy creatures and environments I expected (is that Femto's btw? =), but Miura took it to another place with Ubik's surroundings.

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
Henry Spencer said:
Honestly, Ganishka's death, whilst he was obviously going to die, I doubt we could tell his death would have such a massive impact upon the story as this.

Depends on how far back you go. Not to brag, but I speculated that an event of this amplitude would happen quite a while ago already. Now of course when Ganishka first appeared, no one would have guessed he'd go out like this.

Henry Spencer said:
Speaking of which, what the hell has happened to Daiba and Rakshas? We saw Skully, Zodd and Femto all get away, but them two, we didn't...

For all we know Rakshas got away along with Zodd. As for Daiba, well Ganishka pretty much exploded in his face. I speculated in the past that if such a thing happened he might become a much more powerful magic user than he previously was. It may still be the case. Or not. It's also still possible that Rakshas will kill him on the way down, who knows.

X

Xem

I'm loving this so much it hurts!

I usually try to avoid the spoiler pictures, but the latest two episodes have been irresistible to me. I'm holding off any speculation until the full episode is out... or at least I'm trying to.

Luckily, my girlfriend actually managed to hold herself back from viewing the pictures with me, so I don't have too much motivation to run around screaming "OH MY GOD!... I MEAN, OH MY GOD'S HAND!". Though that's what I'm doing inside.

Aazealh said:
By the way, Miura's comment this time is that for the past few episodes, the manga has been looking like an illustration book, but that we shouldn't worry: it'll get back to "normal" soon.

Hahh... when I read the first part of this I thought he was hinting at the possibility of a new illustration book. High hopes, I know, but I don't expect anything really. Just like right now I find it fruitless to speculate on what's going to happen with the story.

Ironically enough, I just finished taking an Art History class last college quarter so a lot of the spoiler images ring a sound bell with me at the moment. And their beautiful! I was always a bigger fan of Abstract and Surrealistic art, and as we've known so is Miura! I feel like giving the old guy a biiiig hug right now.... maybe some fellatio too!

Aazealh said:
Not to brag, but I speculated that an event of this amplitude would happen quite a while ago already.

You know the urge to yell in all caps I TOLD YOU SO is overwhelming. :carcus:

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
Deci said:
Hahh... when I read the first part of this I thought he was hinting at the possibility of a new illustration book. High hopes, I know, but I don't expect anything really.

Well he's told us in his reply to our letter that there was nothing planned at the moment, so you're right not to expect anything.

great pics, I wonder if the panel with the dragons and the horsemen are neutral creatures or if they are evil aligned.
I hope the sleeping fairy is good, otherwise poor kids :D

SaiyajinNoOuji

I'm still better than you
Jeeez, looking at all these monsters, I have the Monster Hunters theme going through my head and imaging Gut's and Co. gathering items from them! :ganishka:

Great stuff!

Oburi

All praise Grail
I think Voids appearance will be something of epic proportions. I wonder if it has anything to do with what all the those people and apostles are gazing up in awe. And whats going on with the "light"? Think that might be related to Voids entrance?

Aazealh said:
Yeah and it looks like they're cleaning the roof. 2 big ones with brooms and a smaller one carrying a bucket... Weird stuff. Maybe servant of a magician or something? And the river monster skulking on the kids playing in the background doesn't look anything like a Kelpie either (doesn't look like anything at all right now actually :ganishka:).
Given that they're apparently performing household chores, I was figuring one of those household entities (brownie/hob/kobold/etc)

Griffith

With the streak of a tear, Like morning dew
Oburi said:
I wonder if it has anything to do with what all the those people and apostles are gazing up in awe. And whats going on with the "light"? Think that might be related to Voids entrance?

It looks to me like Ganishka's form completely enveloped by the light.

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
Yeah the final few images are definitely of Ganishka -- something's happening with him. About to explode, or transform into something, I'd say. Aaz has a cool relevant thought but I'll let him post it. :carcus:

I knew it, i just knew the god hands will appear that was a shock i had some doubts but i just knew they will appear. Dragons i mean Dragons 'faints'

I can't wait read this episode.

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
KazigluBey said:
That one panel looks like some sort of Bosch homage. Interesting choice.
http://www.skullknight.net/forum/index.php?topic=10467.msg171106#msg171106

handsome rakshas

Thanks Grail!
Aazealh said:
Yeah, amazing stuff all around. All the God Hand's fans out there will surely very pleased with this episode. :guts: Also, note the neat little reference to Hieronymus Bosch's Garden of Earthly Delights (with Ubik sitting in there and having tea :void:).

Came back to thank you for the name and link. That two page with Ubik spread really caught my eye. I'm going to check out more of Bosch's stuff and I don't really know much about art. Is this considered "surrealistic art"?

Dar_Klink

Last Guardian when? - CyberKlink 20XX before dying
I love how one of the trolls is just chomping on a duck. :ganishka: It's not gonna be fun being a defenseless creature in Berserk any more(was it ever?).

SaiyajinNoOuji

I'm still better than you
^^^^^
Nice avatar and message change! :ganishka:

Darklink286 said:
I love how one of the trolls is just chomping on a duck. :ganishka: It's not gonna be fun being a defenseless creature in Berserk any more(was it ever?).
The duck was probably there chilling in his pond cleaning itself when all of a sudden Danger Dan the Troll comes in and takes a bite out of his fucking neck! :judo:

I suppose like everyone else I can't really common on this Episode since we haven't seen the rest nor any text (if any is there). The pictures sure are pretty though! :serpico:

Vampire_Hunter_Bob

Cats are great
Darklink286 said:
It's not gonna be fun being a defenseless creature in Berserk any more(was it ever?).

Well before they just had to contend with hunters and random creatures trying to eat them. Now the former predators of Berserk have to contend with Hill Giants, Hydras and Trolls.

Top Bottom