Episode 306

Dar_Klink

Last Guardian when? - CyberKlink 20XX before dying
:isidro: Words cannot describe how awesome this is... I'm gonna be spending the next hour probably just pouring over this episode finding every little detail I can. Thanks karwat!
Page 22-23 is an accurate visualization of how I feel reading this.

Griffith

With the streak of a tear, Like morning dew
Once again, because it can't be overstated how appropriate this is:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-DpPicOZOig&fmt=18

I'm going to just keep rereading this and the last couple episodes with that playing in the background. :guts:

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
gh-zodd said:
great pics, I wonder if the panel with the dragons and the horsemen are neutral creatures or if they are evil aligned.

Like Rhombaad said, this isn't Dungeons & Dragons...

gh-zodd said:
I hope the sleeping fairy is good, otherwise poor kids :D

It's an elf, like Puck.

Oburi said:
I think Voids appearance will be something of epic proportions. I wonder if it has anything to do with what all the those people and apostles are gazing up in awe. And whats going on with the "light"? Think that might be related to Voids entrance?

Like you've been told the light is Ganishka. Void's appearance is a double page of BRAIN.

Mage said:
Given that they're apparently performing household chores, I was figuring one of those household entities (brownie/hob/kobold/etc)

Good guess, I was thinking of something along the same lines. Hard to know precisely which one it could be though.

Walter said:
Aaz has a cool relevant thought but I'll let him post it. :carcus:

Didn't I already post it in a previous thread though? :ganishka: Anyway, just so everyone knows, I've been thinking that Ganishka could transform into Falconia itself, or at least the perfect castle Griffith has been dreaming of. But seeing the end of this episode, I'm having another thought: that he might become a giant tree, à la Secret of Mana (but with an arched trunk). Would make a lot of sense I think, considering that he already had a peculiar tree-likeness before being turned inside-out. And going a bit further with this speculation, the city of Falconia could be established under the giant trunk (or at its foot).

handsome rakshas said:
I'm going to check out more of Bosch's stuff and I don't really know much about art. Is this considered "surrealistic art"?

Yes.

宮本 グリフィス said:
Hahaha
the headless horseman!
:SK: :ganishka:

Yeah man, just plain awesome! :guts:

Drakull said:
I don't see what the 10th pic means exactly :schierke:Ok we see one of the God Hand but the other characters ?

It's just Ubik's little world of madness. It doesn't make sense and doesn't have to.

Now that's what im talkin about a headless horseman, i had a feeling Miura would bring one in sooner or later and he finally did now all we need is some vampires and werewolves hopefully :zodd:

Thanks karwat for the episode!

Sweet; the trolls are back! :troll:

By the way, can anyone make out what exactly are the mythical creatures on page 9 (aside the headless horseman & walking skeletons)? I juts can`t figure it out.

Again, kudos to Miura for his contribution to dark fantasy. :serpico:

Whoa whoa whoa. So good to see these pages in their full glory. The people of Antioch must be pissed right about now. "Greeaat, more trolls!"

A headless horseman! It's a fantasy free for all!

Those pointy nosed bastards are up to no good!

I say Ganishka will turn into a tree. :ganishka:

Guess specters will be attacking people, or there wouldn't be a reason for Miura to draw them.
My favorites till now are the Dragon and the Hill Giant, doesn't he look like an hippie with that hair? :troll:

So do you guys think the next vol. will be about Guts? And will end with their arrival at Elfhelm?
(Fighting a Kraken I hope)

Edit:
The creature in the water
Kappa_water_imp_1836.jpg

See more: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:Kappa_water_imp_1836.jpg

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
Jhot obs said:
By the way, can anyone make out what exactly are the mythical creatures on page 9 (aside the headless horseman & walking skeletons)? I juts can`t figure it out.

I would agree with Mage on the matter: seeing as they are performing household chores, I would imagine them to be a kind of household spirits. Now to find which exactly...

Proj2501 said:
Whoa whoa whoa. So good to see these pages in their full glory. The people of Antioch must be pissed right about now. "Greeaat, more trolls!"

Enoch. :azan:

fuxberg said:
I say Ganishka will turn into a tree. :ganishka:

Well that makes two of us. :SK:

fuxberg said:
Guess specters will be attacking people, or there wouldn't be a reason for Miura to draw them.

That's not very good logic here man.

fuxberg said:
So do you guys think the next vol. will be about Guts? And will end with their arrival at Elfhelm?

I have no doubt we'll see more of Guts in the next volume. Concerning Elfhelm, well they're due to arrive soon enough now, but when exactly... Can't tell. Depends on what Miura will want to show us. They could arrive in the next episode, or it could still be 10 episodes away.

fuxberg said:

Hahaha, first you posted a Neck (already mentioned), and now it's a Kappa. :guts: I thought of this as well yesterday, but it has several traits that don't fit the creature we're seeing in the episode. Most importantly the lack of a bald, hollow space containing its life-fluid on the top of its head.

Amazing episode and hell of a way to end 34. Can't wait to see where it goes from here.

And that Ubik picture is great, I'm tempted to rasterize and blow it up for hanging on my wall :ganishka:

He does look a lot like a tree, it kind of makes me think of Yggdrasil.

I don't think that just because something is there it automatically means it's going to go on a killing spree, I doubt -all- the creatures are going to attack humans. A lot of them certainly will or already are, but surely not all of them are bloodthirsty and evil. I have to wonder if it's not just as much of a shock to the magical as it is to the humans. I mean, imagine laying down for a nice nap on a leaf only to wake up to humans staring at you.

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
I acknowledge that being Void's #1 fan, I'm completely biased. However I really think what's going on with Ganishka looks like synapses firing off, which is interesting, considering the page that precedes the Ganishka shots -- Void's brain (ok, well it's just a giant fucking brain, could be ANYTHING! =) ), filling up the entire 2-page spread. I think these are related somehow.

To paraphrase a quote from Olivier Hague, regarding an interview with Miura back in the late 1990s,

Miura has said that the God Hand have a 'master plan' and that Void is key to that plan.

Obviously, we've seen if not the full plan, then the first card in the God Hand's deck during the past few episodes. But if this interview was correct, then there's still Void's unique role yet to play. :void:

Black_Devil

Punos Rey
Thanks a lot for the preview Aaz, and great episode, looks like Skully's gonna have a lot more chances at Void now, :SK:

EDIT; also had to smile a bit at the huge dragon spread, I think it should have a grudge match with Grunberd. :mozgus:

Griffith

With the streak of a tear, Like morning dew
Aazealh said:
Anyway, just so everyone knows, I've been thinking that Ganishka could transform into Falconia itself, or at least the perfect castle Griffith has been dreaming of. But seeing the end of this episode, I'm having another thought: that he might become a giant tree, à la Secret of Mana (but with an arched trunk). Would make a lot of sense I think, considering that he already had a peculiar tree-likeness before being turned inside-out. And going a bit further with this speculation, the city of Falconia could be established under the giant trunk (or at its foot).

Yeah, at the end of the episode he reminded me of Flora's spirit tree, looked like his Shiva form made of light, but literally "branching out."

Walter said:
I acknowledge that being Void's #1 fan, I'm completely biased. However I really think what's going on with Ganishka looks like synapses firing off

That too. =)

I guess we'll see, as he's probably not done yet, and there's likely going to be more multiple two page spreads showing his final transformations. He could end up looking like something totally different, or nothing at all.

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
Black_Devil said:
Silly question, but with the worlds completely merged now, could this mean that the Idea is floating around somewhere? :idea:
I think it's been mentioned about 5 times in the past 2 threads, but there's no way we can know yet how deeper layers are affected by this merging yet. And remember, the Idea of Evil is DEEEEEEEEP down. Other than the God Hand, so far all we've seen are creatures that likely existed in the surface layers of the Astral world, which is what we expected, given the Enoch invasion. For instance, we haven't seen the Four Kings of the World yet.

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
SiRAuron said:
He does look a lot like a tree, it kind of makes me think of Yggdrasil.

Yup.

SiRAuron said:
I don't think that just because something is there it automatically means it's going to go on a killing spree, I doubt -all- the creatures are going to attack humans. A lot of them certainly will or already are, but surely not all of them are bloodthirsty and evil. I have to wonder if it's not just as much of a shock to the magical as it is to the humans. I mean, imagine laying down for a nice nap on a leaf only to wake up to humans staring at you.

Well to be fair most of those creatures look like they have nothing to fear from humans at the moment, quite the contrary. Despite my answer to fuxberg, I fully expect the spectres & friends to unleash the fury on humanity.

Walter said:
I acknowledge that being Void's #1 fan, I'm completely biased. However I really think what's going on with Ganishka looks like synapses firing off, which is interesting, considering the page that precedes the Ganishka shots -- Void's brain (ok, well it's just a giant fucking brain, could be ANYTHING! =) ), filling up the entire 2-page spread. I think these are related somehow.

Hahaha, so you're agreeing with Oburi after all? :void: Honestly, while I can see how it would remind you of synapses, I don't think that's what it is. Why the branching, for example? And would Ganishka transform into a giant floating brain? I don't know, I like the tree idea more, but I don't want to spoil your fun either, so I'll stop here. :void:

宮本 グリフィス said:
I guess we'll see, as he's probably not done yet, and there's likely going to be more multiple two page spreads showing his final transformations. He could end up looking like something totally different, or nothing at all.

Yup, pretty much. It's not quite over yet.

Black_Devil said:
Silly question, but with the worlds completely merged now, could this mean that the Idea is floating around somewhere? :idea:

We don't know if the worlds have completely merged, nor do we know precisely which worlds did merge (the ideal world may have not been affected). But the obvious answer is that no, the Idea of Evil isn't floating around somewhere. I'm willing to guarantee this to you as a fact.

Black_Devil

Punos Rey
^that guarantee's more than good enough for me :guts:

edit: was reading aaz's mention of the spectres and the others eventually attacking humans, makes me think human's are pretty much fucked at this point :X

So aaz, do you think Femto will finally shed his clean image to the midlanders now? Seems like the perfect opportunity to pull the wool from over their eyes and just subjugate them, wonder how Sonia will react. :X

puella said:
It says:

Humans' desire

Fantasia

I could be wrong: didn't the egg-apostle, back in volume 20, talk about something like that with Luka?
I read Berserk in italian, so I can't quote exactly the line. It was about what every human desire, "the first and last piece that this world needs"

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
Black_Devil said:
So aaz, do you think Femto will finally shed his clean image to the midlanders now? Seems like the perfect opportunity to pull the wool from over their eyes and just subjugate them, wonder how Sonia will react. :X

No, I think he's still going to appear as Griffith.

Adam Kadmon said:
I could be wrong: didn't the egg-apostle, back in volume 20, talk about something like that with Luka?

Yes, he said something to that extent. I believe it referred primarily to Griffith though, considering the illustrations in that scene. But we can easily tie his desire for a "perfect world" to the current events anyway. It's all linked. What happens now is the continuation of what was started so many volumes ago.

Aazealh said:
That's not very good logic here man.
:carcus:

I have no doubt we'll see more of Guts in the next volume. Concerning Elfhelm, well they're due to arrive soon enough now, but when exactly... Can't tell. Depends on what Miura will want to show us. They could arrive in the next episode, or it could still be 10 episodes away.
Miura will probably show us Elfhelm in the end of the next vol., we still have to see the Kraken.

Hahaha, first you posted a Neck (already mentioned), and now it's a Kappa. :guts: I thought of this as well yesterday, but it has several traits that don't fit the creature we're seeing in the episode. Most importantly the lack of a bald, hollow space containing its life-fluid on the top of its head.

Well we don't see the creature's head, plus its a Japanese mythical creature that's still used in signs to warn kids not to swim in that area. And looking at the illustration in this episode you can see kids bathing.
Kappawarning.jpg

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
fuxberg said:
Miura will probably show us Elfhelm in the end of the next vol., we still have to see the Kraken.

In your sentence, "probably" = "random guess".

fuxberg said:
Well we don't see the creature's head, plus its a Japanese mythical creature that's still used in signs to warn kids not to swim in that area. And looking at the illustration in this episode you can see kids bathing.

Yes, you've read the Wikipedia article about the creature, that's great. But actually, I believe we do see the creature's head (and one of its eyes). Here, I highlighted it for you:

swampthing.jpg

Vampire_Hunter_Bob

Cats are great
Just a non-related question for everyone. What makes you guys so certain Enoch Village is fucked all over again just because these trolls showed up? I mean, just my assumption which doesn't mean anything, I imagined those [Enoch Village] trolls were exterminated by Guts and friends.

Top Bottom