Episode 306

skullnights_pants

I'm a llama!
Yes I find this really perplexing, seems apostles aren't that tough anymore i nthe grand scheme of things.

I'm thinking humans will also have the possibility to exhibit super human abilities in some form or other i nthi world, like being able to use magic, or having strength etc, much like an rpg!

Oburi

All praise Grail
skullnights_pants said:
Yes I find this really perplexing, seems apostles aren't that tough anymore i nthe grand scheme of things.

I'm thinking humans will also have the possibility to exhibit super human abilities in some form or other i nthi world, like being able to use magic, or having strength etc, much like an rpg!

:schierke:

skullnights_pants said:

First of all please use the spell check, I don't know if you noticed but it's right beside preview :troll: Why the hell would you think that out of the blue humans might start to have super human abilities that doesn't make sense at all. The world's merging isn't going to make humans have superhuman strength i'm sorry, and just because more monsters have appeared that doesn't mean the apostle aren't as tough anymore :schierke:

slan69 said:
Why the hell would you think that out of the blue humans might start to have super human abilities that doesn't make sense at all. The world's merging isn't going to make humans have superhuman strength i'm sorry, and just because more monsters have appeared that doesn't mean the apostle aren't as tough anymore :schierke:

Mmm? Do you have any evidence to back that up? This merging of the worlds is unprecedented, and I think it's too early yet to say what is and isn't possible.

As for the apostles, sure, they're still tough. But it's also clear that there are now monsters that can at the very least compete with them, and may very well regard them as little more than a food-source - again, we don't have enough information yet to dismiss such ideas out of hand as you seem to be doing.

skullnights_pants said:

An RPG where everyone in Midland was their own save game, and a lot of them are marked for deletion. :chomp:

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
Slan_wings said:
I wonder if this will mean apostles would also be the same fodder as the normal people are now that power of the other realms are colliding since I wouldn't think a dragon could tell the difference between a person or an apostle just more meat. :chomp:

They can probably still hold their own against most threats. Bigger creatures might be a challenge though, that's definitely possible. But then again, currently most if not all apostles are united together under Griffith. This state of things has not ended yet, and we shouldn't assume that it definitely will.

I've posted about it before, but I could see Midland becoming a relatively safe haven for humans while the rest of the world goes haywire, with apostles patrolling the roads and fighting whatever supernatural threats would come at them. It would be the ultimate opposition of the human-based "magic" that the God Hand and the apostles represent against the rest of the world. Of course things would certainly not be as simple as that (because, well, the GH and the apostles aren't really the good guys), but you get the idea.

skullnights_pants said:

What is that thought based on? Humans could already use magic before. It just wasn't a widespread practice anymore. As for having superhuman strength, I don't see anything hinting at it. Overall I don't think that comparison to RPGs is very pertinent.

slan69 said:
First of all please use the spell check

I mean no offense, but I think you should put more care into your own posts before giving other people advice on the matter.

Aazealh said:
I mean no offense, but I think you should put more care into your own posts before giving other people advice on the matter.

Ahhaha I know but I try and fix any misspelt or in proper sentence's that I make. :slan:

skullnights_pants

I'm a llama!
I'm not suggesting that every human will become a guts or Schierke type of person, but the potential is there, and more prominant in this 'new world'.

I think more tougher humans are going to crop up (maybe some new side characters), I don't like the idea that humans in berserk are in essence, sheep to be slaughtered. Maybe Miura is gong to change this a little.

In reference to RPG's theres gonna be more badass human warriors and magic users, and so forth in this new world to balance out the inclusion of fantasy monsters.

Actually tbh I don't think this wil happen but its an idea.

One bad thing I can see happening for the people of Midland is that the food will be rationed a lot, since a lot of the crops and animals will be lost to the destruction caused by these dark forces. Maybe this will eventually make some apostles turn against the humans, because of a hunger strike? Or maybe this won't be brought up at all, I dunno.

Also, I wonder who will be guarding the entrance of Griffith's kingdom (or being used as the defensive guard, in other words) from these dangerous creatures? Since I just kept thinking that they would want to keep their fortress impregnable, they would need some sort of force holding them off (not to mention there are some creatures that can fly). They need to keep it as a haven for everybody, so how will they go about it? Cannot wait for Miura to answer this...(it'll probably be something ingenious)

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
skullnights_pants said:
I'm not suggesting that every human will become a guts or Schierke type of person, but the potential is there, and more prominant in this 'new world'.

What makes you think the potential of someone being "like Guts" (whatever that means) is higher now?

skullnights_pants said:
In reference to RPG's theres gonna be more badass human warriors and magic users, and so forth in this new world to balance out the inclusion of fantasy monsters.

That's more of a reference to works of fantasy in general and not really to RPGs. Anyway, I think what you propose would lessen the importance of Guts and his friends by introducing more people like them. It's not something I'd be looking forward to myself.

Henry Spencer said:
Also, I wonder who will be guarding the entrance of Griffith's kingdom (or being used as the defensive guard, in other words) from these dangerous creatures?

You mean the creatures that are already all over said kingdom? I don't think it's a matter of guarding the "entrance"...

Henry Spencer said:
Since I just kept thinking that they would want to keep their fortress impregnable, they would need some sort of force holding them off (not to mention there are some creatures that can fly). They need to keep it as a haven for everybody, so how will they go about it? Cannot wait for Miura to answer this...(it'll probably be something ingenious)

Apostles could be hunting down said creatures to thin them out. You know, like real hunters do when wild animals cause trouble. As for the capital city (what I assume you mean by fortress), well it would be a lot easier to guard, and it could be under a form of supernatural protection. Yet that doesn't necessarily mean it'd be completely impregnable, nor that it would be a perfectly safe haven for everyone. There are way too many parameters to take into consideration here.

I could be missing it, but has anyone speculated about the possible effect upon magic users/enchanted items? I wonder if they'll become remarkably potent, now.

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
Mage said:
I could be missing it, but has anyone speculated about the possible effect upon magic users/enchanted items? I wonder if they'll become remarkably potent, now.
Yeah, I think it's been discussed a few times before.

Bekul said:
Now that the worlds are merging/merged - 'magic' as such... will definately change. Again, here I can barely speculate, since the evidence of how magic used to work in Berserk is limited, and now everything has changed.

Sidenote 2 - Isidro and Serpico's magically enhanced items, now that the worlds are merging/merged, will definately not work like they used to anymore. (bullshit guesswork edited out by Walter)

Walter said:
I wonder how this merging will affect all magical powers, since some of what Schierke does is summon powerful beings deep within the astral world... What about astral projection and all the time spent delving into how it's done. How will that be affected now that all the worlds are one?

Rhombaad said:
Since Kundalini and the like may very well show up, think the Elemental Kings will? I wonder how the merging of the worlds will affect Schierke's magic...
Aazealh said:
As for Daiba, well Ganishka pretty much exploded in his face. I speculated in the past that if such a thing happened he might become a much more powerful magic user than he previously was. It may still be the case. Or not.

Walter said:
From vol 24, Schierke says users of the elementally blessed weapons (sylph's sword, cloak, salamander dagger etc.) must envision the faint figures of their respective elementals for them to be effective. Since there is likely no longer any reason for the users to strain their minds and eyes to perceive these figures, I imagine the tools and weapons will be MORE effective, not less so.

Raffiki said:
INSANE ! I bearly can talk about all this stuff. Dragons ! The return of the GH !
Miura is da man ! He knows how to end a volume. The Merging is complete.

All I can say is I leave or about 4 years which is so sad and now I read this, OMG! I left when the trolls invaded that town, right as Guts met Schierke in volume 24 (I hope I spelt her name right... no manga next to me to double check). Well anyways I'm glad to be back and now have to really try hard to catch up.

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
guts100 said:
(I hope I spelt her name right... no manga next to me to double check). Well anyways I'm glad to be back and now have to really try hard to catch up.

Hi, welcome back. You didn't spell Schierke's name right but the forum autocorrected it for you. :slan: Anyway, you can get the DH volumes for conveniency, they've almost caught up with the Japanese volumes now.

I've heard some theories that the world collision is actually part of the SK's plans, and perhaps he is using it to round the God Hand up for his next assault. Personally, I don't see it. He looked as shocked as any when it started - as shocked as SK can look anyway! I'd still like your opinions.

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
Doc said:
I've heard some theories that the world collision is actually part of the SK's plans, and perhaps he is using it to round the God Hand up for his next assault. Personally, I don't see it. He looked as shocked as any when it started - as shocked as SK can look anyway! I'd still like your opinions.

I also don't think the Skull Knight planned it. No doubt he'll see the benefits of the situation as well as the problems it poses, but it seems pretty clear the plan unfolding is that of the Idea of Evil/God Hand and that SK did not look forward to it happening.

Hmmm, I've given a lot of thought to what we see appearing before the huamans and apostles during the last two pages and I think it looks like what a lot of people have been saying here, an organ of some kind. And I think I know just what kind. :slan:

Think of the layers of the world as being like levels in a deep ocean, with the top layer being the physical world and the deepest layer being the ideal world. Something is appearing at the top layer that appears organic and that could be connected to something much deeper, possibly to an organ we've seen before.

We know the layers of the world are merging, and we know that the heart we've seen is only "a portion of" the the idea of evil which lives in the abyss, the deepest part of the astral world. We've seen that the idea of evil is connected to something in the noncanonical episode 83 (the double helix-type thing). I think it could be establishing another branch of itself in the physical world.

My idea is: from :idea: (heart) ... to :void: (brain).

Kalie Ma said:
Think of the layers of the world as being like levels in a deep ocean, with the top layer being the physical world and the deepest layer being the ideal world. Something is appearing at the top layer that appears organic and that could be connected to something much deeper, possibly to an organ we've seen before.

We know the layers of the world are merging, and we know that the heart we've seen is only "a portion of" the the idea of evil which lives in the abyss, the deepest part of the astral world. We've seen that the idea of evil is connected to something in the noncanonical episode 83 (the double helix-type thing). I think it could be establishing another branch of itself in the physical world.

My idea is: from :idea: (heart) ... to :void: (brain).

My theory is it's casting a shadow on the other worlds.

I was wondering.... Are the new creatures going to be under the 'jurisdiction' of Griffith. I think an answer to this question will go a long way in answering if there is going to be confrontation between apostles and new demons.

I don't think that we have been given any indication of which way it is going to be right now but I speculate that the one who caused the merging of worlds i.e :griffnotevil:, is going to exercise some authority over everyone. Otherwise the idiom of "opening a can of worms" seems more befitting to the current situation. Regardless, the poor humans are the worst-off in the current situation

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
I appreciate you keeping the thread alive, but I think this one is pretty simple, based simply on what we know right now.

Griffith rules over the apostles because of his God Hand status. Griffith rules over the humans because of his charisma and causality's machinations. However, there's no reason to believe he will rule over these astral creatures, because he has no connection to them like he does with the aforementioned groups.

MaN said:
Regardless, the poor humans are the worst-off in the current situation
Actually, I'd say the unicorns are the worst off in this scenario. :beast:

The humans will at least (presumably) have the apostles to protect them.

Top Bottom