Could Void really be...

I thought it was self-explanatory who the angels were helping? *raises eyebrow* If there was anyone other than God/IoE, I would have said so. You're the ones jumping to conclusions.

And if you help someone, you provide service/assistance. If the angels weren't doing that for God, and likewise with the God Hand, I don't know what is.

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
Doc said:
I thought it was self-explanatory who the angels were helping? *raises eyebrow* If there was anyone other than God/IoE, I would have said so. You're the ones jumping to conclusions.

Yes, yes, of course. :schierke: It actually wasn't self-explanatory, especially considering the content of your post and the topic of this thread.

Doc said:
And if you help someone, you provide service/assistance.

I'm sorry but "to serve" and "to help" aren't synonyms, unless of course you're talking of serving dinner. So please don't try to insist on this issue. It's not going anywhere.

I apologize for any ambiguity in my original post. I assumed since it only says God sent the angels, you would all know who I was talking about.

Aazealh said:
I'm sorry but "to serve" and "to help" aren't synonyms, unless of course you're talking of serving dinner. So please don't try to insist on this issue. It's not going anywhere.

service
Noun
1. an act of help or assistance

*blink*

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
Ok, let's walk with that notion for a bit. Here, we'll play Madlibs and clean up your original statement using your English language skills:

There's been talk of 'angels' who helped destroy Gaiseric
Now becomes:
There's been talk of 'angels' who served destroy Gaiseric
Hmmmmm, doesn't seem to make sense! :isidro:

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
Doc said:
I apologize for any ambiguity in my original post. I assumed since it only says God sent the angels, you would all know who I was talking about.

It's not just ambiguity. What you said was inaccurate. And you were speculating about Void in the first place and how the angels might have helped him (by transforming him into a member of the God Hand).

Doc said:
service
Noun
1. an act of help or assistance

*blink*

I'm sorry but I still believe you're wrong about this. Different definitions apply to different contexts and they're not always interchangeable. You just did not use an appropriate vocabulary in this case. Simply put, what you said doesn't do a very good job of conveying the actual relationship between the involved parties. Or the actual involvement in the events you were talking about. It doesn't have the right connotation.

But regardless of this issue, the tale doesn't say of the "angels" that they destroyed Gaiseric himself. In your rush to deny a minor point, you seem to have overlooked the bigger mistake.

I honestly dont think the whole "Emperor Gaiseric" origin is going to get explained anytime soon. I still however think that the Skullknight is Gaiseric but as for Void and the rest of the God Hand, there origins are left untold.

I think it might be explained in Elf helm. Now that the world is in chaos, our heroes may need some new understandin, motivation to get involved in seiging the kingdom.

Hmmm, clutching a bit here (and it's probably been brought up before), but if you look closely at this picture, it looks as if the guy's eyelids was sewn together, remind you of anyone? :void:

evilemperorwisemanjj6.png

But then again, the skull helmet makes it seem like it's Skully, it could really go either way, or actually end up being neither of them (could very well be the case).

I remember Slan referring to Skully as 'your majesty' in the Qliphoth , so I think it's been implied enough that we can assume he's indeed Gaiseric.

Th3Branded0ne

I'll be back.
Henry Spencer said:
Hmmm, clutching a bit here (and it's probably been brought up before), but if you look closely at this picture, it looks as if the guy's eyelids was sewn together, remind you of anyone? :void:

evilemperorwisemanjj6.png

But then again, the skull helmet makes it seem like it's Skully, it could really go either way, or actually end up being neither of them (could very well be the case).

If you look closely here, this is the right picture.

gaiseric.jpg

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
Henry Spencer said:

Hahaha, you really thought this would work? Good try, but the picture is well-known. You should have gone for something more obscure.

cryo said:
I remember Slan referring to Skully as 'your majesty' in the Qliphoth , so I think it's been implied enough that we can assume he's indeed Gaiseric.

Many things imply that he's Gaiseric. Guts himself was reminded of SK the first time he heard about Gaiseric.

Dar_Klink

Last Guardian when? - CyberKlink 20XX before dying
Aazealh said:
Hahaha, you really thought this would work? Good try, but the picture is well-known. You should have gone for something more obscure.
It still got a laugh outta me.

Th3Branded0ne said:
If you look closely here, this is the right picture.

gaiseric.jpg

:troll:

[quote author=Aaz]Hahaha, you really thought this would work? Good try, but the picture is well-known. You should have gone for something more obscure.[/quote]

Okay, okay, you guys win.

I remember seeing Griffith's efforts on here in the past being excellent photoshops. Still remember that April Fools one of Guts being really old, or the Idea of Evil one when Ganishka died. Those ones fooled quite a lot of people here. :ganishka:

I always found this speculation real fun, especially since it leads nowhere, since we practically know nothing, especially not enough to speculate like this. :azan:

Top Bottom