Best Video Game Lines Ever

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
Death May Die said:
"But enough talk, how bout you~"
It's "have at you."

"Snake.....to climb the ladder...press the action button" Coronal MSG "Classic"
It's Colonel. And it's MGS for Metal Gear Solid. Unless you mean the food preservative MSG, which I'm pretty sure doesn't have any sneaking missions.

"All too easy." Shaw Kawn Mortal Kombat 2
Shao Khan.

3 Strikes. YERRRR OUT! :slan:

Th3Branded0ne

I'll be back.
Duke Nukem
"Your face, your ass... What's the difference"

Final Fantasy 6
"What fun is destruction if no precious lives are lost? " - Kefka

Half-Life
Dont Shoot! I'm with the science team....

Mortal Kombat
FINISH HIM

Dar_Klink

Last Guardian when? - CyberKlink 20XX before dying
Th3Branded0ne said:
Final Fantasy 6
"What fun is destruction if no precious lives are lost? " - Kefka
Oh god, Kekfa quotes, my favorite.

"Son of a submariner!"
"You all sound like the pages of a self-help booklet!"
"Ahem! There's sand on my boots."
"Run, run, or you'll be well done!"
"There's nothing like the sound of hundreds of voices screaming in unison. "

and who can forget that laugh?

FF6 is full of awesome quotes.
"There're more girls here than grains of sand out there. I can't keep track of 'em all!" -Edgar
Locke: I *prefer* the term treasure hunting!
Arvis: Ha! Semantic nonsense!
Locke: There's a *huge* difference!
"My life is a chip in your pile. Ante up!" -Setzer
"You think a minor thing like the end of the world was gonna do me in? " -Sabin
"I heard he slit his mama's throat for a nickel!" -Edgar about Shadow

I could go on for hours if I wanted to.

Half-Life 2:

"Once we beat the Combine, I'm gonna mate"

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GyjKCzyU21k <--G-man intro

The ending credit song to Portal is just a string of awesome quotes (if it counts :sad:) http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y6ljFaKRTrI

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
yota821 said:
Half-Life 2

HL2 has some amazing stuff. I laughed more at some of the lines in this game than at the entirety of Portal, specifically those from the citizens after you've started destroying the Combine.

Citizen: Why do we call them "headcrabs" anyway? They don't even taste like crab.

Citizen: Dr. Kleiner says we can mate now. Not that I needed his permission.

Citizen: I don't miss Dr. Breen, but I do miss his show. Remember when he had the jugglers on?

Citizen: We're all starving and Kleiner's headcrab's probably eating Grade A head.

Citizen: Sometimes I think everybody's a doctor but me.

Dar_Klink

I don't know why, but it seems like Portal kinda changed the gaming crowd a little bit. Maybe it happened before and I didn't really notice it but I see a lot of people who used to be non-gamers spouting Portal lines like /b/tards spout retarded 4chan memes. It's mostly people from the indie or scene subculture. :schierke: Maybe it's not as bad outside of the U.S. (or maybe it's worse!). I guess it has something to do with gaming becoming more mainstream and playing games not only being more socially acceptable, but also a way to show off how trendy and cool you are by playing the newest game being hyped. Has anyone else noticed this, or am I just a paranoid old bigot afraid of change? Sorry for the rant... can't help it sometimes.

1245453343915.png

Might as well contribute instead of just derailing my own thread. :troll:

Walter said:
It's "have at you."
It's Colonel. And it's MGS for Metal Gear Solid. Unless you mean the food preservative MSG, which I'm pretty sure doesn't have any sneaking missions.
Shao Khan.

3 Strikes. YERRRR OUT! :slan:

Wow. That is bad. :griff: I will buy the bullets if you bring the gun. Just put me out of my misery. :daiba: .

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
Darklink286 said:
I don't know why, but it seems like Portal kinda changed the gaming crowd a little bit. Maybe it happened before and I didn't really notice it but I see a lot of people who used to be non-gamers spouting Portal lines like /b/tards spout retarded 4chan memes. It's mostly people from the indie or scene subculture. :schierke: Maybe it's not as bad outside of the U.S.

Haven't seen or heard anything specific to Portal outside of the Internet myself. And I'm glad I haven't.

Darklink286 said:

Wow. People are so weird sometimes... Public orgies? Pokemones? :schierke:

Darklink286 said:
I guess it has something to do with gaming becoming more mainstream and playing games not only being more socially acceptable, but also a way to show off how trendy and cool you are by playing the newest game being hyped. Has anyone else noticed this, or am I just a paranoid old bigot afraid of change?

Well there's still the same people there were 15 years ago who are seemingly always checking out video game news and talking about what's out and what's planned and so on but who don't actually play video games. There's one at my workplace. Guy's continuously babbling about games but doesn't have any console and doesn't play computer games either (and just so it's clear, he has the financial means to buy them). He doesn't even play on his cellphone. But he does go to events and expositions revolving around games sometimes, and is very proud of his "knowledge" of the gaming world (as if it were something worth bragging about :schierke:). The funny part though is that he still doesn't know much about games at all and that quickly shows in any conversation on the subject. It's really pathetic.

If you want some great, yet terrible lines, check out the game Metal Wolf Chaos for the original Xbox. It was never released outside of Japan as far as I know, but the entire game is voiced over in English because... you play as the President of the US in a giant mech fighting against the Vice President who's gone rogue. Some examples from the ending:

President's Aide: Not even you.... can stop a shooting star!
President: Jodie? Who am I? I'm the president! I always make the impossible possible, and I'm going to keep on doing so!
President: Richard! It was your methods that were flawed! Our love for America won't change!"

President flying through the atmosphere: Jodie! Tomorrow's going to be another busy day at the white house!

Here's a good collection of voice samples from the game:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dWXL9g4ObVA

Man, that video is gold... Just rewatched it. One of my favorites:

Vice President: Suck on my Rocket Punch!

I'm sure most of you are well aware of this site, but for those who aren't, enjoy!

http://www.audioatrocities.com/

Dar_Klink

CowTip said:
If you want some great, yet terrible lines, check out the game Metal Wolf Chaos for the original Xbox. It was never released outside of Japan as far as I know, but the entire game is voiced over in English because... you play as the President of the US in a giant mech fighting against the Vice President who's gone rogue. Some examples from the ending:

President's Aide: Not even you.... can stop a shooting star!
President: Jodie? Who am I? I'm the president! I always make the impossible possible, and I'm going to keep on doing so!
President: Richard! It was your methods that were flawed! Our love for America won't change!"

President flying through the atmosphere: Jodie! Tomorrow's going to be another busy day at the white house!

Here's a good collection of voice samples from the game:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dWXL9g4ObVA

Man, that video is gold... Just rewatched it. One of my favorites:

Vice President: Suck on my Rocket Punch!

That game looks fucking amazing. :isidro:

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
Darklink286 said:
That game looks fucking amazing. :isidro:

We had a thread about it when it came out, or at least it was discussed somewhere. I think I'd watched the trailer 3 times in a row. :guts:

You are not Prepared! (Illidan in Burning Crusade)
Kraut bastards have a MG42, get your ass into cover
You can heil hitler in hell
The American fight like the French!

Max Payne: Life was good. The sun setting on a sweet summer's day. The smell of freshly mowed lawns, the sounds of children playing. A house across the river on the Jersey side. A beautiful wife and a baby girl. The American Dream come true. But dreams have a nasty habit of going bad when you're not looking. The sun went down with practiced bravado. Twilight crawled across the sky, laden with foreboding.

NightCrawler

Aeons gone, vast, mad and deathless
Shane said:
Max Payne: Life was good. The sun setting on a sweet summer's day. The smell of freshly mowed lawns, the sounds of children playing. A house across the river on the Jersey side. A beautiful wife and a baby girl. The American Dream come true. But dreams have a nasty habit of going bad when you're not looking. The sun went down with practiced bravado. Twilight crawled across the sky, laden with foreboding.

Have you seen the new Max Payne 3 screens? I don't think we'll get more of those kind of lines :/

NightCrawler said:
Have you seen the new Max Payne 3 screens? I don't think we'll get more of those kind of lines :/
Yeah, I can't say I like the approach rockstar is taking but I'll still play it, I loved Max Payne 1 and 2.
Sam Lake isn't doing any writing MP3 :judo: I have a feeling Remedy is going to try to imitate his style of writing though.

Top Bottom