Descent into madness.....

SaiyajinNoOuji

I'm still better than you
So I have made it my goal to get to level 9999 in Disgea for the Nintendo DS. You can just imagine how much of a pain in the ass this is... with that I will give play reports from time to time on my abusive journey. Will I make it? If so at what coast? :void: I am going to avoid Gamefaqs at all costs to avoid stumbling on way's on how to level up incredibly fast if a way exists and prefer to find it on my own.

Day 1: I suppose I've just been leveling up in the first few stages trying to get my preferred group of characters and trying to unlock some of the better ones along with getting some good items to start of well prepared. Currently my group consists of..

Leharal lvl 9
Etna lvl 7
Pugilist (melee type) lvl 8
Cleric lvl 7
Red and Yellow mage lvl 5
Warrior lvl 4

As you can see I have a loooong loooong way to go. With that things should go quicker since I have already beaten Disgea for the PS2 so for the most part, things are the same. So far my health in both body and mind are holding for the time... I can only pray that they maintain at that level.

SaiyajinNoOuji

handsome rakshas said:
I was going to start this topic because I'm going fucking crazy in real life but you beat me to it.
I'll follow you into hell Saiya!
Come my brother in arms! Let us journey together into the abyss where only death can be our salvation! :idea:

Congratulations! You should reach level 9999 in about five years, playing a few hours a day, every day. Good luck!

I hope you got the Yoshitsuna + SRS + Hyperdrive.

I heard it makes it much easier if you do.

Even if it doesn't, getting those items will be definitely MUCH more satisfying than level 9999, imo.

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
I love Disgaea, but it'd take a lot of money to convince me to get to lvl 9999.

SaiyajinNoOuji

Day 3: My resolve still stays strong. my passion for my goal, still burning. I have already logged in 20 hour's into this game and along with clearing chapter 6, I am making progress. I found my old grinding spot from the PS2 version and I am able to gain anywhere from 7 to 10 level's in this one fight for one of my characters. My group now consists of...

Rank 3 Brawler at 37
Rank 3 Scout at 35 (Love Dark Cannon)
Star Mage at 35
Laharl at 36
Etna at 33
Rank 3 Samurai at 30
Cleric at level 20

I have also gotten rank 4 in my shops and currently working on getting rank 5 for them. Through my one grinding fight I am killing a level 97 mob with a bonus of +100% exp. With the mob at that level I am pulling in about 15k monies every fight.

Hoping that I can continue at this pace, I will report at a later date! :badbone:

EDIT: I also wanted to add that I have multiple characters at rank 3 for their promotion level. This allows the option to get x3 exp bonus for one mob. So the lucky contestant(s if its a double or triple team attack) get quite a bit of a boost!

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
Hmm. 20 hours and at level 37 eh? Let's chart that out. If the leveling rate stays relatively the same.

That's 1.85 levels/hour. So, 9999 divided by 1.85 = only ... 5,404 hours!

That's 225 days of playing straight, or, if you only play 4 hours a day, 1,351 days.

YOU CAN DO IT! :ganishka:

SaiyajinNoOuji

Walter said:
Hmm. 20 hours and at level 37 eh? Let's chart that out. If the leveling rate stays relatively the same.

That's 1.85 levels/hour. So, 9999 divided by 1.85 = only ... 5,404 hours!

That's 225 days of playing straight, or, if you only play 4 hours a day, 1,351 days.

YOU CAN DO IT! :ganishka:
Well it did take me a bit to reach my grinding area and I wasted a bit of time trying to unlock some of the better characters and a lot on reincarnations... but now that I have my primary group, it takes me about 5 minutes per battle there... With that I am just going to build up one person for about 5 battles in there so I am looking at being level 50 by the end of a couple of hours!

Also with me being at my current work, everyone is out for the summer and I have nothing pressing here... so I can pretty much play up to 8 hours straight! :rakshas:

SaiyajinNoOuji

Day 16:

Since I have been on vacation I have already put in about 70 hours into the game. Already beat the game once through and I am almost gone through a second time. I am starting to have expected effects from playing so much. Just a few days ago I had a dream which was about myself and Laharl duking it out over Marvel vs Capcom 2. He is a cheap ass bitch who uses the corner waaaaay too much.

Lahral stands at lvl 134
Kengo (Samurai) at level 103
Eternal Fist (Female Brawler) at 97
Galaxy Mage at 89
Geo Master (Scout) at 78
Cleric at 72 (Huge pain in the ass)
Etna at 72
A couple of monsters at 94 and 74

I know the levels seem rather low but I have spent a good amount of time trying to unlock the final tiers of most of these classes and have gone through a lot of reincarnations. With that I have opened up the Prinny world which I have beat and have the Cave of Ordeal up. Cave of Ordeals level 3 is the best place to level since the monsters are high level and are beatable (after I lowered the monster rank to the lowest)

With that I am farming these levels for vast quantities of money so I can get the best store bought weapons... There is a max of 12 ranks for the store and I am on rank 11. I have a level where I can get about 1.5 million HL per battle which also raises the levels of some lucky character by a lot. With that I have not lost my desire!

SaiyajinNoOuji

Day 18:

I now have all of my main party over level 200. My main party are also their top tier class. I am now buffing up the top level store bought weapons for each class.

I just made the discovery that if you beat the game again and start another game+ that you lose the other worlds that you opened up. :sad:

Oh well, was able to persuade by force the opening of the cave of ordeals. I am also about to bring up the enemy rankings to 1 since I can pretty much one shot the Cave of Ordeals 3 stage.

I should be level 500 by tomorrow!

I will not be denied!

Top Bottom