Puck appreciation thread

puella

Berserk forever
Puck is great, that is a fact. So let's post about it! Either funny or epic moments he's had, anything that you like about him. And since there are enough threads complaining about him, please don't bother posting in here if it isn't to say something nice. :puck:

I'll start with a moment in volume 24 when Isidro recognized Puck as truly acting like a teacher to him. Isidro was just done training with Guts and got into an argument with Puck. He was summarily defeated:

Puck_defeats_Isidro.jpg

He then revealed his dream of becoming the ultimate swordsman, to Puck's amusement:

Isidro-Ultimate.jpg

Finally, while Guts and Serpico were busy "gathering wood" and Farnese and Casca were being abducted by trolls, we can see Isidro training into the Elf Dimensional Style martial arts:

Isidro-Elf_Jigenryuu.jpg

Dar_Klink

Last Guardian when? - CyberKlink 20XX before dying
I don't even have to post any pictures of my favorite Puck moment, since it's already in your avatar Puella! :serpico:

Puck-JimHawkins.jpg

Edit: Well it's there now thanks to Aaz, guess my laziness won't hurt anybody this time.

Th3Branded0ne

I'll be back.
OK, here are some of my favorites from puck.

puckfun.jpg

making fun of Schierke, since she is not used to crowds and all the different smells.

puckfun2.jpg

To also mention anime series such as Doraemon, which is been airing in Japan for quite a long time.

puckfun3.jpg

Another anime series mentioned Saint Seiya, kinda comparing the berserk armor to the saint seiya armor lol

puckfun4.jpg

This one from when Guts and Serpico are fighting in the hall of pillars. So, Puck is acting as the undertaker and taking measurements of Serpico

puckfun5.jpg

When they are at the hall with all the nobles, Puck mentions he wants to taste the food.

puckfun6.jpg

This one was funny too, asking for money, since Guts and company were the ones doing the dirty work to save the nobles.

This one is my favorite. When Guts is imprisoned by Holy Iron chain knights and Pucks saves him, but not for free. LOL
puckfun7.jpg

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
Ahh, too many to mention. But one of my favorite sequences is in vol 24, in the background mostly.

puck-astronaut1.jpg

puck-astronaut2.jpg

puck-astronaut3.jpg

puck-astronaut4.jpg

puck-astronaut5.jpg

puck-astronaut6.jpg

The bleeding at the end is just a nice touch :ganishka:

But, also when he's serious. Such as when Puck sees Guts transform in vol 27, and begins to fear for Guts' humanity ... it always makes me sad :judo:

puella

Berserk forever
Th3Branded0ne said:
This one is my favorite. When Guts is imprisoned by Holy Iron chain knights and Pucks saves him, but not for free. LOL
http://img405.imageshack.us/img405/9935/puckfun7.jpg

That's also my favorite. It's one of the many times Puck saved Guts (who else saves him besides the Skull Knight?) and it's also the only time we can see Guts speak politely in the manga.

Walter said:
But, also when he's serious. Such as when Puck sees Guts transform in vol 27, and begins to fear for Guts' humanity ... it always makes me sad :judo:

Yeah, I also like when Puck thoroughly reads Guts' mind and sympathizes with him. He even consoles Guts and always tries to drive him to be good and kind.

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
Death May Die said:
I can't find the image. But when Guts wakes up from his nightmare because of the incubus and punk has one too. Mini one at that. :puck:

This is what you're referring to:

Puck-Incubus2.jpg

Personally I also love an earlier Puck/Incubus interaction:

Puck-Incubus.jpg

When it comes to great Puck moments, there are really too many to count. A few:

Puck-Beherit_is_alive.jpg
Puck-God_Hand.jpg
Puck-Kundalini.jpg
Puck-FeedingCasca.jpg
Puck-Zubatt.jpg
Puck-Zubatt2.jpg
Impregnable_Beherit.jpg
Puck-LostChildren.jpg
Puck-LostChildren2.jpg

And of course this epic shot:

Puck-Knight2.jpg

Oburi

All praise Grail
Is this not the coolest thread ever? You are the best Puella, just reading this thread makes me happy.

Until I have time to find more, this one always got a laugh outta me. Puck hitting light speed!
puck.jpg

Best thread eva!!!

Has to be when Puck blinds Mozgus' henchman who were getting extremely close to slicing up Isidro and co. That's a nice little hero moment for him. I also like it how he is always sympathetic with people in different story arcs, whether it be Vargas, Jill, Rosine, or even Guts himself of course, he's a really pure character.

EDIT: Or how about when he first meets Ivarella and he's all over her. Talk about getting off on the wrong footing. :troll:

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
Henry Spencer said:
Has to be when Puck blinds Mozgus' henchman who were getting extremely close to slicing up Isidro and co. That's a nice little hero moment for him.

Haha, パックスパーク!

Very nice moment indeed. And it's worth noting that Puck did the same to help Guts as early as in volume 1.

PuckSpark1.jpg

What I do like about Puck :puck: is that he's actually the best friend Guts ever had, even before meeting him. Judo got the healing powder from him, which was used to restore Guts wounds after the fight against the 100 mercenaries.

Also, Puck does tell Guts that he's despicable when Guts took the girl Jill (I don't know if this is written correctly in english) hostage, to escape the villagers in the 'lost-children'-arc. Yet, he stays and cares for Guts, helps him (sometimes ineffective, sometimes really marvelously), and as Rickert (the other Hawk-survivor who's now working as a weapon smith) observed, is the one responsible for keeping Guts' humanity.
We see him in the first episode, long before we get to know about the God Hand, and Guts' hatred toward Griffith/Femto. He's the best friend of Guts.
And of course, as he says it himself, he's the comic relief who makes the story not too grim-dark. :SK:

I do wonder if Guts does realize this.
I hope that Puck will survive even after the end, but I would wonder how Guts would react actually if Puck were to die... :sad:

Haha, パックスパーク!

Very nice moment indeed. And it's worth noting that Puck did the same to help Guts as early as in volume 1.

Yeah! I totally forgot about that one, he also does it during Isidro's fight against the "pirates" in volume 29 as well! I wonder if Ivarella also has any powers like this?

I hope that Puck will survive even after the end, but I would wonder how Guts would react actually if Puck were to die...

I just...don't even want to begin thinking about that. But I like the rest of your post, Puck is so important to the story, he really did change Guts as a character slowly but surely (along with other characters, but Puck is arguably the most important for putting Guts back onto the road for others).

Personally, I miss the interaction between Guts and Puck, we haven't seen very much of it at all now the group is much bigger.

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
Deviance said:
I do wonder if Guts does realize this.

We're shown Guts accepting it the day he tells Puck that his bag is his house (in volume 16). He recognizes Puck as a helpful companion and from that day on he's never gone back on it, never questioning Puck's presence at his side.

Deviance said:
I hope that Puck will survive even after the end, but I would wonder how Guts would react actually if Puck were to die... :sad:

I simply can't imagine it.

Henry Spencer said:
Yeah! I totally forgot about that one, he also does it during Isidro's fight against the "pirates" in volume 29 as well! I wonder if Ivarella also has any powers like this?

Yeah, it's not a one-time trick. As for Ivalera, well, maybe. It's hard to say, much less if she can do the same things or different ones. She regularly makes herself useful by helping Schierke, but it's not directly combat-related.

Henry Spencer said:
Personally, I miss the interaction between Guts and Puck, we haven't seen very much of it at all now the group is much bigger.

Yeah, he stepped back so that other characters could be developed. Hopefully he'll come back to the foreground a little more in Elfhelm.

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
Aazealh said:
Hopefully he'll come back to the foreground a little more in Elfhelm.
I'd say that's a foregone conclusion. He's sure to have a role to play in the coming events of Elfhelm.

I dont have the picture but my favorite was when guts collapse and was being attacked by ghosts and puck saved him by killing the ghosts.
the image was more or less :guts:< :beast:< :puck: so :puck:> :guts:

Hm. I guess what I like most about Puck is that he probably changes shape the most of any character in the series, like he's made out of silly putty.

Maybe because he's silly. :puck:

(edit: for a character that only has one form at least. apostles/berserk armor/etc aside)

Oburi

All praise Grail
If they were to make a new season of the anime would you guys want Puck to change like he does in the manga or would rather have Puck stay looking realistic? If Berserk was made to a movie I think it would be impossible to have puck changing into all his goofy outfits, would anyone be willing to sacrifice Pucks comical importance for the sake of realism?

Top Bottom