Visitors from the astral world

puella

Berserk forever
Isidro says in the first panel on page 2 of 209:
"Are these really ghosts? I can smell blood even from here"

I'd suppose we shoud think carefully about this word.
Trolls are the visitors from the astral world as the title of the chapter where Trolls first appear.

Flora once said (though I can't remember exact words as always ;)) "Sometimes, some beings which originally exist in the astral world come to the real world for some reason"
Could these mean trolls are like specters which Guts has fought with every damn night. Ghosts that have no flesh and blood?
If so, what about the blood that Isidro smells in 209?

And Schierke once said in 203 ".. sometimes they become monster" I think this is the trolls' case.
So, shoud I think trolls get to have flesh and blood like a living body by becoming monsters out of the astral world? ???

I'm so confused. ::)

Majin_Tenshi

The can opener went bye-bye...
note: I havn't read any of the newer chapters...
Perhaps they are kinda like the ghosts Guts fights every night. Remember when people get possesed by those ghosts? They mutate slightly into monsters. Now, what if they were possesed for a long time? or by much stronger ghosts? The might no longer even appear human.

Lliugusamui

around the corner
I don't think trolls are like baby bees or anything like that ... it's much more something's new coming with the rebirth of Griffith ( you know, nea era of time which is 'like a dream' cf. Niko for the forest and Sonia about Griffith's minions and himslef victory over kushans )
Hum ... I hope you see my point :-\

puella

Berserk forever
Guillaume said:
it's much more something's new coming with the rebirth of Griffith ( you know, nea era of time which is 'like a dream' cf. Niko for the forest and Sonia about Griffith's minions and himslef victory over kushans )
I had the same thought. well, my question is what the hell "something new coming with the rebirth of Griffith", ie. trolls and ogres are.

monsters posessed by ghosts like Majin Tenshi's?
:personally don't think so

ghosts or evil spirits which get to have flesh and blood by becoming monsters
:personally think so

roberto999

The Black Chick of Darkness
Flora, if I understood correctly, live in the astral plane too, and she sure doesn't seem a ghost, same with elves: they too are supposed to be inhabitants of the astral plane. The spirit of the dead are another thing: they had a body and they did lose it. I think that elves, trolls etc. have a "body" of their own in the astral plane, and with Griffith coming a door was open that let them to come in the earth dimension. Remember also that Flora said that the strenght of the beliefs in elves was the thing that let everyone see them: Maybe the"door" is just that.

Top Bottom