Author Topic: What Are You Playing?  (Read 433521 times)

Offline IncantatioN

• Falconian
  • Of the Abyss
Re: What Are You Playing?
« Reply #1900 on: July 18, 2014, 02:33:00 PM »
Been playing this game online where you're a wormhole and it's up to you whether or not you want to converse with ships and aliens passing by. It's a bit depressing but interesting with human reactions.

http://ultrakurtzwelle.itch.io/you-are-the-wormhole
At the end of time, a moment will come when just one man remains. Then the moment will pass. Man will be gone. There will be nothing to show that we were ever here... but stardust.

Offline Griffith

• The Millennium Falcon
  • Falconian
  • Of the Abyss
  • My posts are better.
« Reply #1901 on: July 18, 2014, 04:41:18 PM »
Assassin's Creed IV: Blag Flag - Awesome, I'm a pirate AND an assassin, I can run, climb, and hide anywhere, look at me steer this boat on beautiful clear blue wate... wait, what the fuck is this Abstergo Industries Animus shit? So, I'm a guy playing a video game about a guy playing a video game!? Is this a gimmick in all the Assassin's Creeds? Well then, Arkham Origins is ok so far, as far as I can tell it's not all a Batcave simulation or a dream. =)

Offline Walter

• 賢者
  • Administrator
  • Of Terror
  • Chapter ≠ Episode
« Reply #1902 on: July 18, 2014, 05:30:16 PM »
Assassin's Creed IV: Blag Flag - Awesome, I'm a pirate AND an assassin, I can run, climb, and hide anywhere, look at me steer this boat on beautiful clear blue wate...

Glad you're enjoying it. I didn't finish AC4, because the game is just so fucking huge... But I had a blast with it.

wait, what the fuck is this Abstergo Industries Animus shit? So, I'm a guy playing a video game about a guy playing a video game!? Is this a gimmick in all the Assassin's Creeds?

It's a new element, relatively. There has always been an animus and an Abstergo. But the way it's presented in AC4 is actually a pretty funny new wrinkle to the franchise after being so fucking DEADLY SERIOUS about their lore in the previous games. They're clearly trying to shed that aspect of the series by sort of making fun of it in this way.
:femto: :slan: :ubik:

Offline Johnstantine

« Reply #1903 on: July 20, 2014, 06:24:58 PM »
Assassin's Creed IV: Blag Flag - Awesome, I'm a pirate AND an assassin, I can run, climb, and hide anywhere, look at me steer this boat on beautiful clear blue wate... wait, what the fuck is this Abstergo Industries Animus shit? So, I'm a guy playing a video game about a guy playing a video game!? Is this a gimmick in all the Assassin's Creeds? Well then, Arkham Origins is ok so far, as far as I can tell it's not all a Batcave simulation or a dream. =)

AO needs to be its own game and not part of the Arkham series.

Offline Griffith

• The Millennium Falcon
  • Falconian
  • Of the Abyss
  • My posts are better.
« Reply #1904 on: July 21, 2014, 04:48:41 AM »
Glad you're enjoying it. I didn't finish AC4, because the game is just so fucking huge... But I had a blast with it.

It's a new element, relatively. There has always been an animus and an Abstergo. But the way it's presented in AC4 is actually a pretty funny new wrinkle to the franchise after being so fucking DEADLY SERIOUS about their lore in the previous games. They're clearly trying to shed that aspect of the series by sort of making fun of it in this way.

I'm not into it so far, still stuck in the doldrums of the early, "You gotta sneak this the right way or game over!" missions that pretty much equal no fun. I want to captain pirate ships and fight sharks, so I imagine I'll have more fun when it opens up a bit.

AO needs to be its own game and not part of the Arkham series.

That's sort of how I approach it. It's actually kind of cool because it's a more realistic visual style rather than exaggerated cartoon style of the previous games. It's like Batman inserted into any modern stealth/combat game, which is pretty cool. The batsuit definitely looks more militeristic and combat fuctional (the batjet is also basically just a jet =), and even though it looks like the same map as Arkham City, they defintely skinned it more like a real city (overall like they added a dash of The Dark Knight movie style to the mix). I also like the Christmas Eve gimmick better as an excuse for why Gotham isn't more populated. I even like that it's unburdened with the expectations of the Animated Series voice actors because it's more its own version. Batman still sounds quite a bit like Conroy when speaking normally, but the interrogations are more Bale-esque, which were the best thing about his Batman. So, it's all sort of working for me so far. One major technical complaint: you have to turn on the TV to switch to controller only mode, which is inherently stupid and self-defeating.

Offline Walter

• 賢者
  • Administrator
  • Of Terror
  • Chapter ≠ Episode
« Reply #1905 on: July 21, 2014, 12:47:01 PM »
I'm not into it so far, still stuck in the doldrums of the early, "You gotta sneak this the right way or game over!" missions that pretty much equal no fun. I want to captain pirate ships and fight sharks, so I imagine I'll have more fun when it opens up a bit.

There were enough of those in AC3 to make me quit the game altogether. Such terrible game design, it actually makes me angry. Who thought that was fun? It's all the absolute worst aspects of stealth gameplay log jammed into one boring, tedious mission. Multiple times.

Offline Aazealh

• 髑髏の騎士
  • Administrator
  • Of Terror
  • そうはいかぬ
« Reply #1906 on: July 24, 2014, 06:11:46 PM »
Finished Wing Commander recently, now going through The Last of Us.

Offline Walter

• 賢者
  • Administrator
  • Of Terror
  • Chapter ≠ Episode
« Reply #1907 on: July 24, 2014, 06:22:57 PM »
now going through The Last of Us.

Damn... So jealous. I should just buy a PS3 already. So many great games on that system.

Offline Groovy Metal Fist

« Reply #1908 on: July 24, 2014, 07:04:32 PM »
Damn... So jealous. I should just buy a PS3 already. So many great games on that system.

I thought you were a dedicated PC Supremacist.

Offline IncantatioN

• Falconian
  • Of the Abyss
« Reply #1909 on: July 24, 2014, 07:14:44 PM »
Finished Wing Commander recently

I like X-Wing a lot but Wing Commander's game flow and soundtrack were pretty good. Reading about it makes me wanna play it again ...
At the end of time, a moment will come when just one man remains. Then the moment will pass. Man will be gone. There will be nothing to show that we were ever here... but stardust.

Offline Walter

• 賢者
  • Administrator
  • Of Terror
  • Chapter ≠ Episode
« Reply #1910 on: July 24, 2014, 07:30:49 PM »
I thought you were a dedicated PC Supremacist.

It's more just my tendency than a belief. I haven't owned a console other than Wii in 10 years.

Offline Ranmasama

« Reply #1911 on: July 26, 2014, 12:44:22 AM »
Started Kingdom Hearts 1.5 ReMIX. Man, playing the first KH after so many years is bringing back some serious memories.

Offline Walter

• 賢者
  • Administrator
  • Of Terror
  • Chapter ≠ Episode
« Reply #1912 on: July 26, 2014, 01:41:20 AM »
Started Kingdom Hearts 1.5 ReMIX. Man, playing the first KH after so many years is bringing back some serious memories.

Bad memories I'd guess.

Offline Tama

• Falconian
  • Of the Interstice
« Reply #1913 on: July 26, 2014, 01:45:19 AM »
Got my friend Chrono Trigger for the Super Nintendo this week for a birthday present. We were both playing it all day, such a blast!

Offline Jarome

• Of the World
  • The Destroyer Of Worlds
« Reply #1914 on: July 26, 2014, 04:31:18 PM »
Been playing Divinity: Original Sin for about 2 weeks now, I'm totally addicted...  :magni:

Got my friend Chrono Trigger for the Super Nintendo this week for a birthday present. We were both playing it all day, such a blast!

Chrono Trigger is possibly the best RPG ever, played it countless times, even got the DS port and if your really into the story, I suggest you try "Crimson Echoes" or "Flame of Eternity" which are two fan-made game/hacks.

BTW: If you wanna get your mind blow (once your done with the game) go out on Youtube and check out this video!  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x-Sp62q2FAY
If history is to change, let it change!
If the world is to be destroyed, so be it!
If my fate is to be destroyed... I must simply laugh!!

- Magus, Chrono Trigger

Offline XionHorsey

« Reply #1915 on: July 26, 2014, 05:44:48 PM »
Dark Souls 2 after playing Postal 2.

Offline Walter

• 賢者
  • Administrator
  • Of Terror
  • Chapter ≠ Episode
« Reply #1916 on: August 03, 2014, 06:19:41 PM »

Offline Aazealh

• 髑髏の騎士
  • Administrator
  • Of Terror
  • そうはいかぬ
« Reply #1917 on: August 03, 2014, 07:01:40 PM »
Finished God of War III. Will play Uncharted next.

BTW: If you wanna get your mind blow (once your done with the game) go out on Youtube and check out this video!  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x-Sp62q2FAY

That's terrible.

Offline Jarome

• Of the World
  • The Destroyer Of Worlds
« Reply #1918 on: August 05, 2014, 03:03:21 AM »
That's terrible.

What's so terrible about this theory Aazealh? I mean, it sounds pretty legit to me! o.O
If history is to change, let it change!
If the world is to be destroyed, so be it!
If my fate is to be destroyed... I must simply laugh!!

- Magus, Chrono Trigger

Offline Aazealh

• 髑髏の騎士
  • Administrator
  • Of Terror
  • そうはいかぬ
« Reply #1919 on: August 05, 2014, 05:45:56 AM »
What's so terrible about this theory Aazealh? I mean, it sounds pretty legit to me! o.O

Well putting aside the fact the guy sounds super annoying, I think he's stretching a lot of those connexions. Now there are a few obvious ones, but like he says that's not specific to Chrono Trigger, it's common in a lot of games. To conclude that Chrono is meant to be a representation of Jesus Christ is not very serious to me.

Offline Walter

• 賢者
  • Administrator
  • Of Terror
  • Chapter ≠ Episode
« Reply #1920 on: August 06, 2014, 02:31:35 AM »
Well putting aside the fact the guy sounds super annoying, I think he's stretching a lot of those connexions. Now there are a few obvious ones, but like he says that's not specific to Chrono Trigger, it's common in a lot of games. To conclude that Chrono is meant to be a representation of Jesus Christ is not very serious to me.

And I'd say there's about a 1-2% chance that the guy is actually serious. It oozes obnoxiousness, to the point that I can't accept that he's not trying to sound stupid.

Offline Ranmasama

« Reply #1921 on: August 18, 2014, 11:45:22 AM »
Bad memories I'd guess.

Heh. When it comes to the platforming, yes, definitely. Otherwise, however, I did enjoy revisiting the game.

Been replaying Lunar SSSC on PSX. Also started The Last of Us on PS4.

Offline Johnstantine

« Reply #1922 on: September 01, 2014, 02:57:29 AM »
I've been binge playing all of the Lego games.

Why.

Offline Walter

• 賢者
  • Administrator
  • Of Terror
  • Chapter ≠ Episode
« Reply #1923 on: September 01, 2014, 03:18:54 AM »
I've been binge playing all of the Lego games.

Why.

Why indeed? Aren't they all pretty much the same formula?

Offline Johnstantine

« Reply #1924 on: September 01, 2014, 08:07:47 PM »
Why indeed? Aren't they all pretty much the same formula?

They really are, but a few sort of stand out on their own. Batman 2 and Marvel Super heroes are great Lego games.

The rest though...