What Are You Playing?

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
I can't believe no one's made this thread yet. Well, here's what I've been doing in gaming recently:

masseffect.jpg

I'm currently working on my second playthrough of Mass Effect, which needs no introduction.

monkeyisland.png

And I just got Secret of Monkey Island: Special Edition on Steam last night, so I'll be playing through that for the first time (yes, I know I should have played it by now).

Other gaming goals this summer are finishing FF4 and Dragon Quest V for DS, and playing through all the DLC of Fallout 3.

Oburi

All praise Grail
Yea why hasn't this thread been around long before?

I'm still halfway done or nearly done with several rpg's such as
-Lost Odyssey (hardest game ever)
-Tales of Vesperia (surprisingly difficult)
And I'm also trying to get through CoD5 on Veteran (very hard) and I'm playing Dynasty Warriors 6 Empires (having trouble getting into it though) and Blazblue.

Me and my Friend also picked this up
riseoftheargonautswallp.jpg

which is actually lots of fun, more so if you like Greek mythology (or the old Jason and the Argonauts movie).

And I'm still playing Mass Effect. I beat it the other day but I want to load my save before the end so I can keep exploring and finish all the side quests. :guts:

....boy i got a lot on my plate.

Oburi you think Lost Odyssey is difficult, for me it was easy but a pain in the ass to get the SP needed for the immortals to gain the skill that I wanted them to learn..... I made them learn a shitload of skills I just couldn't stop myself. :p I am going to start playing Chrono Cross for PS1 since I have never actually finished it. (For those of you who don't know what Chrono Cross is here's a picture)

chronocrosscover.jpg

The Last Remnant - I went on hiatus for several months, and only got back this past weekend because I had nothing better to do. :ganishka:

Reign of Swords 2 (iphone game) - This game really tailors to my gaming tastes: It's turn-based strategy, it's online, I can have several concurrent battles going on at the sametime, and I can take all the damn time I want when it's my turn to move. :guts:

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
Currently playing GTA IV on the Xbox 360 and when I get bored with I switch to The Secret of Monkey Island: Special Edition that I got on the live last week-end. A real blast from the past, only now I can fully enjoy the original dialogue in all its glory.

Additionally I still haven't finished Bioshock, which I got on Steam a while ago. I need to take care of that before the sequel comes out.

Handsome Rakshas is probably sick of me playing Metal Gear Online. That's all I play pretty much. In fact that's what I'll be playing after I post this.

Dar_Klink

Last Guardian when? - CyberKlink 20XX before dying
slan69 said:
Oburi you think Lost Odyssey is difficult, for me it was easy but a pain in the ass to get the SP needed for the immortals to gain the skill that I wanted them to learn..... I made them learn a shitload of skills I just couldn't stop myself. :p I am going to start playing Chrono Cross for PS1 since I have never actually finished it. (For those of you who don't know what Chrono Cross is here's a picture)

http://shiruva.files.wordpress.com/2009/05/chronocrosscover.jpg
I love that game! Although I never finished it since the last boss was waay over my head when I played it the first time. You'll see what I mean when you get to it.
I just beat Metal Gear Solid 3 for the first time(yeah yeah slowpoke), and I loved it. I don't have a PS Triple, so I don't know when I'll get to play 4. :guts-sad: I guess next I'll play either Ico or Mad World.

Vampire_Hunter_Bob

Cats are great
Ha, funny enough I was wondering why this thread hasn't been made yet a couple days ago.

I'm currently playing Mass Effect for the second time, when I get paid again I plan on buying the DLC for it. I'm also playing the GBA version of Final Fantasy 2.

After this I plan on finishing; Fallout 3; second playthrough including all the DLC, Lost Odyssey, Silent Hill 5 and Shadow of the Colossus.

Oburi

All praise Grail
Didn't you already beat Silent Hill 5 bob?
yota821 said:
The Last Remnant - I went on hiatus for several months, and only got back this past weekend because I had nothing better to do. :ganishka:

I have the last remnant but I'm having serious trouble enjoying it. I played it for about half an hour and just hated it. Does it get better...or worse?

Vampire_Hunter_Bob

Cats are great
Oburi said:
Didn't you already beat Silent Hill 5 bob?
No. The way it worked for me was. I stopped playing Shadow of the Colossus because I was close to the end and didn't want to beat it just yet. So I bought Silent Hill 5, but I got stuck on a boss, so I started playing Lost Odyssey. Yet! Fallout 3 came out and I took my time playing that and beat it. Then school took place during some time and video games were forgotten, except for Fallout 3, then Aazealh told me Mass Effect was really good so I started playing that, while at the same time I found my GBA which had been hidden away since I got back from Iraq. So that's why I haven't beaten Silent Hill 5. :serpico:

To be honest, I probably will beat Shadow of the Colossus a year from now. Only because i'm one Colossus away from beating the game. :badbone:

Scorpio

Courtesy of Grail's doodling.
I recently picked up Fable: The Lost Chapters for $5. Unfortunately my disc drive decided to crap out, but it'll take a few days for the one I found to ship out to me. Hopefully I don't break anything when I crack open the box to replace it.

Still, I've enjoyed what little I've managed to play of it so far.

Monkey Island's SE is out?! I'm going to have to try and connect to XBL later then! :guts:

I've finished prototype and GTA IV recently and whenever I'm in Liberty City I crave the power to jump over buildings similarly whenever I'm in Manhattan I crave Libery City :chomp:

I've been playing The Lonest Journey too but I'm a bit stuck at the moment :puck:

...list of games I've got but haven't finished yet:
Not finished for any other reason other than laziness/other games coming out:
No More Heroes - This is my next conquest I think :ganishka:
Eternal Sonata
Soul Reaver 2
Silent Hills 3,4+5
Tenchu Z
Dead Space
Lost Planet
Gears of War
Twilight Princess
Tales of Symphonia
Red Steel
Dreamfall
Far Cry 2
Games not finshed for various reasons:
Assassin's Creed - Got bored of repetition
Eternal Darkness - Stuck, plus my cube kept crashing (actually crashing, which isn't good with that games as I couldn't tell if it was messing with me or not! :mozgus:)
Killer 7 - Control issues I think
Star Ocean till the end of time - Stuck
Lost Odyssey - 360 kept crashing :(
Castlevania: OoE - Stuck
Alone in the Dark - Link specifically 3:45-4:12, that was my reaction too ¬_¬
Trauma Center: New Blood - Playing this through with my other half on 2P

...it's a wonder I finish any games at all! :schierke:

Oburi

All praise Grail
Just picked up Left for Dead so me and my freind will prolly beat that shit tonight

EDIT--- Nevermind, my 360 just shit the bed with the RROD.

i'm depressed

Griffith

With the streak of a tear, Like morning dew
Donkey Kong Country trilogy, need to finish getting all the coins in 3 to get 103%. And Mortal Kombat II, where I'm getting my chops back up by playing as Shang Tsung and learning everybody's moves/fatalities.

Yeah, I'm progressive.

Currently playing Blazblue but I'm thinking i may start finishing other games such as

Valkyria Chronicles
Prototype
Dark Sector
Red Faction Guerrilla
Disgaea 3
Fallout 3

I have a.d.d when it comes to games if something good comes out or something id rather play is out I forget about the game I was playing last and start playing the new one. Then I find it hard to go back to the old one and start craving a new game to play anyone else have this kinda problem or something like it?

Griffith

With the streak of a tear, Like morning dew
Yeah, I really should have finished getting all the DK and Bonus coins before I started practicing my Babalities.

Scorpio

Courtesy of Grail's doodling.
Oburi said:
Just picked up Left for Dead so me and my freind will prolly beat that shit tonight

EDIT--- Nevermind, my 360 just shit the bed with the RROD.

i'm depressed

Microsoft just can't seem to make good systems, can they?

handsome rakshas

Thanks Grail!
SNES Chrono Trigger cart has been sitting on my dresser for a few months now, will I ever get around to trying that game?
I've been thinking about doing another Symphony of the Night or Snatcher run through. I'm actually itching for a little survival horror action, maybe it's time to finally get Heather's sexy beam in Silent Hill 3!

Hmmm, come to think of it I never did get 100% item completion in Castlevania Order of Ecclesia. I think I'm going to jump in bed with my DS right now. :carcus:

handsome rakshas said:
SNES Chrono Trigger cart has been sitting on my dresser for a few months now, will I ever get around to trying that game?
I've been thinking about doing another Symphony of the Night or Snatcher run through. I'm actually itching for a little survival horror action, maybe it's time to finally get Heather's sexy beam in Silent Hill 3!

Hmmm, come to think of it I never did get 100% item completion in Castlevania Order of Ecclesia. I think I'm going to jump in bed with my DS right now. :carcus:

I say go with Chrono Trigger. I have played it all the way through like 3 times and it never gets old.

I finished playing Fallout 3 with all the expansions that are out to this point two weeks ago... Now I've moved on to Bionic Commando and Halo Wars. Also replaying Resident Evil 5 on professional mode with a friend. Good times.

For handhelds, I just finished Suikoden: Tierkreis and moving on to wrapping up Star Ocean 2 and Final Fantasy 7 on the PSP. I got near the end but put it down for some reason. I do that far too often.

And... just finished the mini-expansion in FFXI. The grind that never ends!

March of Flames

Love Is Vengeance.
I'm playing Half Life 2 at the moment. It keeps making me motion sick though... weird. I have like an hour left on ME and after that I might go through Bioshock to get the Brass Balls (i think) achievement.

Top Bottom