What Are You Playing?

Oburi

All praise Grail
Yea Spyro is actually alot of fun. Me an my friend wanted a multiplayer game so we are playing it together. Great multiplayer action. Didn't realize that Elijah Wood, Gary Oldman and Christina Ricci do the voice acting.

Oburi said:
Yea Spyro is actually alot of fun. Me an my friend wanted a multiplayer game so we are playing it together. Great multiplayer action. Didn't realize that Elijah Wood, Gary Oldman and Christina Ricci do the voice acting.

Yeah the two player mode must be fun, the only problem is my sisters are to lazy to play with me. :mozgus: I had no clue what so ever that those three were the voice actors of some of the characters. I had a feeling the voices sounded familiar.

Ko Ninja

¯\(O_o)/¯ クー
Lithrael said:
Yeah the stormtrooper suit is cool but you don't get to carry over any of your goodies between difficulty levels. You can only start a second round at the same difficulty. So I have a 'round 2' game on Medium with the military suit, but I won't be able to buy it for Impossible until I'm on Impossible 'round 2'.

Well, there IS a way to start Impossible with the Military suit on your first 'round' but what fun is that? I thought Deadspace was intriguing but I wasn't feeling all that much replay the first time. I powered through it in a day and then promised I'd go back. It's coming on a year soon, and you guys are making me want to play again. I can hear Isaac breathing heavy in his mask now...

Does anyone else check out the Indie games on 360? Japanese Indie games have been making an appearance now and while most are bad like the rest of the Indie "games," I think some might be pretty good.

handsome rakshas

Thanks Grail!
Ko Ninja said:
Same as Japan's bonus if I'm not mistaken. I'm waiting until I can get my hands on a 3rd one before I can bring myself to crack it open. [Yes, I have problems and I pre-ordered 2]

Haha, I acquired two of these today! I spent ten bucks to get them (Chicago Ridge Mall has TWO gamestops) and I plan on selling one on Ebay for 10 bucks.That gives me one for free to hang on my wall. It's a nice item and will add to the Asian motif I'm working on. This is the first Wii game in a LONG time I actually wanted to play. Please someone let me know how it is so I can pressure my friend into buying it.

Oburi

All praise Grail
Well we just finished the Spyro game in one sitting. Very different feel to it from the other games, but it was cool. The whole game felt like one long ending and there was unexpectedly a massive Lord Of the Rings type battle very early in the game that was actually really fun. The final boss was a bitch but nothing to hard. Just all round fun, action, bosses, puzzles and free roam flying around.

On a side note I'm starting to realize how important it is to sit through the credits at the end of games. More often than not do they add extra scenes.

Oburi said:
On a side note I'm starting to realize how important it is to sit through the credits at the end of games. More often than not do they add extra scenes.

Yeah I do that for almost every game I play. The worst part is when there isn't any scene after the credits, you think to yourself "damn I just sat here for 6 minutes to watch the credits". :ganishka:

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
For me the credits have always been a part of the experience, even when it's just white text on a black background and there's no bonus afterwards. It's the end of the game and I use that time to savor my victory in having beaten it. Just like I take a little time to contemplate after reading a book.

Ko Ninja

¯\(O_o)/¯ クー
handsome rakshas said:
Haha, I acquired two of these today! I spent ten bucks to get them (Chicago Ridge Mall has TWO gamestops) and I plan on selling one on EBay for 10 bucks.That gives me one for free to hang on my wall. It's a nice item and will add to the Asian motif I'm working on. This is the first Wii game in a LONG time I actually wanted to play. Please someone let me know how it is so I can pressure my friend into buying it.

Nice grab. It's a really nice poster but I'm sure I won't open either one and just keep them in my pile of stuff. Boo, on EBay :troll:
Aazealh said:
For me the credits have always been a part of the experience, even when it's just white text on a black background and there's no bonus afterwards. It's the end of the game and I use that time to savor my victory in having beaten it. Just like I take a little time to contemplate after reading a book.

Sitting through the credits is exactly the kind of contemplation time we need! I've done the same for countless years. Even when I was young, and stupid, I would savor that final song and scroll of the credits as my triumph over any game-no matter how simple. I actually remember Super Mario Bros. 2 & 3 like it was just yesterday. :judo:

Ko Ninja said:
Sitting through the credits is exactly the kind of contemplation time we need! I've done the same for countless years. Even when I was young, and stupid, I would savor that final song and scroll of the credits as my triumph over any game-no matter how simple.

I actually do this to. I should have said this in the post I made earlier, instead of basically saying that I don't really give a shit about the credits. I love to sit back and just watch the credits especially when there is good music along with it. Sorry I forgot to think before I post. :troll:

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
slan69 said:
I actually do this to. I should have said this in the post I made earlier, instead of basically saying that I don't really give a shit about the credits. I love to sit back and just watch the credits especially when there is good music along with it. Sorry I forgot to think before I post.

I think the problem in general is that you tend to systematically agree with whatever few posts precede yours, no matter what your own opinion really is. I imagine it's partly because you're still a bit young. But it's unneeded and probably unsatisfactory for you as an individual, not to mention that it leads to situations like this one (and that it does not result in very valuable contributions for the community as a whole), so I suggest you to try to remedy it.

keen18468966.gif

Commander Keen 4

handsome rakshas

Thanks Grail!
Ko Ninja said:
Nice grab. It's a really nice poster but I'm sure I won't open either one and just keep them in my pile of stuff. Boo, on EBay :troll:

Yeah, I'm getting quite ticked with Ebay too so I sold my extra one to slan69. Thanks again honey!

I want to display mine without messing it up, I ruined some really nice official Konami Castlevania posters by putting tape on them. :schierke:
Hey I was young and stupid! Anyway, that scroll is so long framing is out of the question. I was considered getting it laminated but that would be weird.

handsome rakshas said:
Yeah, I'm getting quite ticked with Ebay too so I sold my extra one to slan69. Thanks again honey!

I want to display mine without messing it up, I ruined some really nice official Konami Castlevania posters by putting tape on them. :schierke:
Hey I was young and stupid! Anyway, that scroll is so long framing is out of the question. I was considered getting it laminated but that would be weird.

Your very welcome handsome. :casca: Yeah laminating it wouldn't be the best idea, what happens if you ever want to fold it back. I am also not sure how to hang mine up as well, without damaging it of course. I guess I will have to figure it out when it gets here. What do you think handsome, got any other ways to hang it up?

Back on topic now, I am playing Final Fantasy Dissidia. It is a very good fighting game with a pretty good amount of fan service. The music in the game is awesome. They took some of the music from FF's 1-10 that they thought would be most suited for the game. I like the fact that every character has their own unique style of fighting in the game. I would have to say that my favorite character from Chaos is Jecht because his attacks are very hard hitting and I just like his character in general. From Cosmos I am going to have to go with Cloud, mostly because I just love using his limit break. I love all the characters in Dissidia because they are all really fun to play with, but those two are definitely my favorite.

Walter said:
One of the best in the series. May I ask how you're playing it? DOSbox?
I have an old cd from 1996 or so full of old DOS games. I think the cd has some DOS emulation software on it. DOSbox would work too if you could get the game files.

Th3Branded0ne

I'll be back.
For the last two days been playing Shadow of the colossus Time attack hard mode. Trying to get those secret items since I didn't do it before, might as well do it now.

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
Th3Branded0ne said:
For the last two days been playing Shadow of the colossus Time attack hard mode. Trying to get those secret items since I didn't do it before, might as well do it now.
Thing is, even after you beat them all on time attack hard mode, the chick still won't do it with you. :schierke:

KazigluBey

Misanthrōpos
Playing MLB 06' The Show. Just got my PSP 3000 and am fooling around with all the features. Bought FF VII at the online PS store for around 10 bucks. Never finished the game even though I still have it. Now I can be lazy and play it on a portable.

Dar_Klink

Last Guardian when? - CyberKlink 20XX before dying
Just recently finished 'The Answer' section of Persona 3 FES. It's basically a sequel of the original game where you play a different character and they took out everything that made it easy to level up and create powerful summons, some of the fights were pretty intense. Now I'm getting ready to play some Muramasa soon.

handsome rakshas

Thanks Grail!
Th3Branded0ne said:

Me and my buddy spent about two hours passing the controller back and forth once we unlocked the exploding arrows. We had a contest to see how many backflips we could do by blowing the guy off a cliff with the explosion. I won, but I couldn't remember the number.

When the game first came out I was a god at time attack mode.

Kakkoii_Guts

海賊王になる男だ
I finally got fed up with Street Fighter IV on the Xbox 360. I really love the game, but finding other players has turned into such a hassle that it isn't even worth it anymore. Things wouldn't be so bad if I had some skilled players to compete with offline, but there really isn't much of a scene around me.

I just started playing Muramasa the Demon Blade. It's like The Legend of Kage mixed with a beautiful painting. The game is stunning thus far. I've also been playing through One Piece Unlimited Cruise. The game really captures the characters pretty well, and is actually fun, minus some of the frustrating fishing. I also play Wii Fit daily, but it hardly counts a game. Honestly I haven't played games this regularly since the eighties.

Oburi

All praise Grail
WEll I started Dead Space last night and I think I'm about halfway through (chapter 7). So far so good. I really love the atmosphere and how creepy it is. And you guys said it wasn't scary! there were a few parts that made me jump out of my seat. I seriously love the upgrading. The armor, the weapons and work bench make the game so much more. Can I ask how many suites of armor you can get? I'm on the third one and I maxed out all the upgrades. Now I just need to work on the weapons upgrades. I also love how ammo isn't always easy to come buy. During some boss fights I used up everything I got and now I'm taking every step like its my last. Love it.

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
Oburi said:
WEll I started Dead Space last night and I think I'm about halfway through (chapter 7). So far so good. I really love the atmosphere and how creepy it is. And you guys said it wasn't scary! there were a few parts that made me jump out of my seat. I seriously love the upgrading. The armor, the weapons and work bench make the game so much more. Can I ask how many suites of armor you can get? I'm on the third one and I maxed out all the upgrades. Now I just need to work on the weapons upgrades. I also love how ammo isn't always easy to come buy. During some boss fights I used up everything I got and now I'm taking every step like its my last. Love it.
I just got to the last chapter, and I'd say youre just over halfway through it. I never ran out of ammo, myself. Came close, but never ran out. But I was pretty anal about keeping at least 75 rounds of plasma and 20 of the Line gun. I spread my upgrades out over nearly all my equipment, but I focused on plasma. As for the number of armors, I'm in my 5th RIG right now. I read that you can get a special one if you play through it twice though (but at that point, do you really NEED something special?)

And yeah, I love this game.

Oburi

All praise Grail
Walter said:
I just got to the last chapter, and I'd say youre just over halfway through it. I never ran out of ammo, myself. Came close, but never ran out. But I was pretty anal about keeping at least 75 rounds of plasma and 20 of the Line gun. I spread my upgrades out over nearly all my equipment, but I focused on plasma. As for the number of armors, I'm in my 5th RIG right now. I read that you can get a special one if you play through it twice though (but at that point, do you really NEED something special?)

And yeah, I love this game.

Yea now do you spend all your Power Nodes? Because I wanted to get into all those secret rooms that you need to use a power node for, but its tough because I hold off on upgrading and those nodes are expensive, but i don't want to miss anything. Another thing I really like is the main guy your controlling. So far I haven't even seen his face, but that armor suit really grew on me. I just think it's a really cool design for the hero.

Top Bottom