What Are You Playing?

Oburi

All praise Grail
Aazealh said:
Not a big Halo fan here but even I knew that ODST was an "in-between" release, scavenged from another dead project and that only a small part of the team at Bungie worked on while the others were creating the next "serious" game: Reach.

Yea but still they shouldn't sell it for $60.

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
Oburi said:
Yea but still they shouldn't sell it for $60.
I think Nomad's unintentionally confused post earlier may still have relevance if you're going to continue to attack Bungie for pricing their game at the standard price for a new 360 title. This is a Halo game. It is sure to move millions of copies, expansion or no. And we are in a market economy, in which companies can price their titles however they want, according to how they think they'll score a profit -- especially so since Halo is indisputably the 360's champion franchise. This is capitalism, not a charity.

So you're saying that because in your opinion the content wasn't worth $60 that Bungie should have priced the game at $30 or so. Ok, understood. But what exactly would be their incentive for doing so? Would it ... would it be more FAIR? Is this unfair? Is LIFE UNFAIR Oburi...? :judo: :judo: :judo:

:troll:

Oburi

All praise Grail
Lol ok. It's their success but it's not right. When Halo Reach comes out it will be $60 too, and that will be the true sequel in the franchise. So yea it's unfair that this "in between" game is going for the same price (let me cry about it here :judo:). ODST could have easily been a xbox live download expansion. I know I'm bitching and whining here but seriously I have never seen anything like this before. That's like selling the Oblivion Sheogorath expansion (forgot the exact name) for $60. Honestly that Oblivion expansion was way longer than ODST. I'm not expecting Bungie to be a charity but this is robbery. Walter I wish you could come over my house and I could show you this game first hand. WE could play the play the whole thing in a day and then you could let me know if you would spend $60 on this game (that's a formal invite :serpico:).

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
Oburi said:
I know I'm bitching and whining here but seriously I have never seen anything like this before.
I assure you there have been worse cases throughout the history of gaming. More recently, take the outrage over Left4Dead 2 for example. Something I'll personally still gladly pay $50 for, even though it's a glorified full price expansion.

Walter I wish you could come over my house and I could show you this game first hand. WE could play the play the whole thing in a day and then you could let me know if you would spend $60 on this game (that's a formal invite :serpico:).
The trouble is I don't actually have any interest in playing through it, or any other Halo game. I get my FPS rocks off on PC. :badbone: But thanks for the invite!

PineappleSkewer

She's Deliciously Atrocious!
I bought Berserk and Sengoku Basara 2 Heroes a few days ago, so I've been kicking the butts of warlords and trolls. Looks like I'm going to have to hold off on playing because my cat, Freddie Mercury knocked the controller into the water bowl today. I'm letting it air dry, but I think it's a lost cause...there was so much water sloshing around in there. :judo: I caught him chewing on my memory card too! He really is a goober when he wants more food.

Oburi

All praise Grail
I picked up Alone in the Dark and Hellboy the science of evil for $13 each. THey prolly suck but I started the Hellboy game and it wasn't bad. meh...

PineappleSkewer said:
I bought Berserk and Sengoku Basara 2 Heroes a few days ago, so I've been kicking the butts of warlords and trolls. Looks like I'm going to have to hold off on playing because my cat, Freddie Mercury knocked the controller into the water bowl today. I'm letting it air dry, but I think it's a lost cause...there was so much water sloshing around in there. :judo: I caught him chewing on my memory card too! He really is a goober when he wants more food.

I wihs i could play the berserk ps2 game and the devil kings 2 game. I think the Sengoku Basara 3 ( devil kings ) is coming out here but i can only hope

nomad

"Bring the light of day"
I was able to install an Emulator on my Wii, so I'm going old school. Castlevania 2, Out of this World, Actraiser and Contra. As for today's games:

Halo Wars (360)
Batman Arkham Asylum (360)
Punch Out (Wii)
Warhawk (ps3)

KazigluBey said:
FF IV DS. Trying to get the Rainbow Pudding and getting more agitated by the minute.

I nearly smashed my DS getting that item. But I was glad I got it with my DS still intact. Good luck! :guts:

Oburi

All praise Grail
I finished Lost Odyssey a few days ago :guts: Slan, your right the final boss was terribly easy, but its ok because the optional bosses and secret dungeons were incredibly hard. I feel happy that I didn't really miss a thing before finishing. The only thing I didn't do was finish the backyard fights and the final "immortal" boss at the end. I tried but it was too hard and my characters were already at level 70+, didn't seem worth it. Great jrpg though, very satisfying.

KazigluBey

Misanthrōpos
zrexe said:
I nearly smashed my DS getting that item. But I was glad I got it with my DS still intact. Good luck! :guts:

I played through once just to see all that was different, not really trying to go for everything available. Now I'm following the stat maxing guide and trying to get as much good stuff that will carry over to the next game. I must have fought 100+ battles in the Antlion's Den against the Yellow Jelly with nothing to show for it except quite a few levels gained. Auto-battle is a good thing.

handsome rakshas

Thanks Grail!
I thought that Odin Sphere would quench my craving for Muramasa but the gameplay isn't that great. Looks nice and it's fun though. Also playing some Capcom Classics Collection shmup games.

Oburi said:
I finished Lost Odyssey a few days ago :guts: Slan, your right the final boss was terribly easy, but its ok because the optional bosses and secret dungeons were incredibly hard. I feel happy that I didn't really miss a thing before finishing.

Same here but I missed out on completing the Temple. I have to admit I am liking the fact that people call me Slan. :farnese:

Oblivious said:
Any one here tried Demons Soul?

No, I read that on gamespot it is coming out on Oct.6/09. Hopefully it really does come out on Oct.6 (knowing gamespot the date may always change :schierke:). All the reviews I have read about this game have been positive so far, hopefully the game is really as good as they say.

yesmilord

千年王国
I just realized that I've been playing Guilty Gear XX Accent Core consistently for the past three years.

Best money+time/entertainment value ever.

slan69 said:
No, I read that on gamespot it is coming out on Oct.6/09. Hopefully it really does come out on Oct.6 (knowing gamespot the date may always change :schierke:). All the reviews I have read about this game have been positive so far, hopefully the game is really as good as they say.

It's supposedly hard as hell. Definite buy for me.

Top Bottom