What Are You Playing?

After a playing a few fighters on i I just don't like it one bit, not to mention none of my manual dexterity carries over to my thumbs heh. :troll:

Ko Ninja

¯\(O_o)/¯ クー
Agreed as far as ONLY the D-pad being terrible. It's a great controller. Besides, fighting games lend themselves to arcade sticks as that is what they are catered to and every system has one or can have one preferable built cheap enough. You should look into it if you really enjoy your fighters =)

I've been playing Half-Minute Hero. It's pretty easy, but I really enjoy it. It's almost like a choose your own adventure book as depending on how you tackle a level you get different rewards / cutscenes, though you can always go back and redo a level.

I was also pleasantly surprised to find out that there are multiple game modes in Half-Minute Hero. Hero 30 mode where you play as a hero in the 30 second RPG-type quest, Evil Lord 30 where you play as a Beautiful Evil Lord who can summon monsters in a frantic rock paper scissors style RTS and Princess 30 which is basically a shooter where you play as a princess with a personality-altering hyper-firing crossbow and a 30 second curfew. There's also a mode called Knight 30, but I haven't unlocked it just yet as you need to finish the other game modes before you can play it. The real attraction is definitely Hero 30 so far and you can tell it's what they put the most work into by far, (the other game modes honestly play like glorified mini-games that are over in about an hour or two worth of playtime) but it's so far a fun game that's given me a lot more playtime than I initially thought it would.

I plan on playing through the Persona 1 remake on the PSP next. I recently finished Kingdom Hearts: 350whatever days for the DS as well. It was sort of fun, but after awhile it really felt like work to me. Unless you really enjoy the combat, I'd recommend that if you play it you stick to the storyline and don't do any of the challenges like I did as the game starts to get really tedious, but to each their own.

Oburi

All praise Grail
Got Modern Warfare 2 for the pc. Awesome! Only playing online right now, I don't really care about campaign mode. It's truly amazing though, if anyone wants to play let me know! :guts:

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
I've got a predicament. New Super Mario Bros. Wii just shipped, L4D2 just came out, and I'm at a very cool portion of Dragon Age.... I've got a fever... and the only prescription is ... CONSUMER OVERLOAD.

Walter said:
I've got a predicament. New Super Mario Bros. Wii just shipped.

I got this game right on the 15th and let me tell you it is very fun. It's very easy to gain 1ups in this game, so far I have 50 and I have only been playing for at least 3hrs. This game is very similar to Super Mario Bros. 2 and Super Mario Bros. 3, you'll know what I am talking about when you play. I pre-ordered this game and I got a red case, I am not sure if everyone gets a red case but the red case looks nice with this game.

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
slan69 said:
I got this game right on the 15th and let me tell you it is very fun. It's very easy to gain 1ups in this game, so far I have 50 and I have only been playing for at least 3hrs. This game is very similar to Super Mario Bros. 2 and Super Mario Bros. 3, you'll know what I am talking about when you play. I pre-ordered this game and I got a red case, I am not sure if everyone gets a red case but the red case looks nice with this game.
The red case is the norm, and the amount of 1ups in the game is no surprise seeing as that's pretty much been standard Mario fare for years. I'm enjoying it, but not blown away. I'd like to play with a partner... :sad:

Walter said:
I'm enjoying it, but not blown away. I'd like to play with a partner... :sad:

Same here, as fun as I think it is it definitely could have been better. I would really love to play this game with a partner but I don't have another Wii controller. Since I got this game I can't afford to get the controller for a while now. :sad:

Oburi

All praise Grail
Walter said:
I've got a predicament. New Super Mario Bros. Wii just shipped, L4D2 just came out, and I'm at a very cool portion of Dragon Age.... I've got a fever... and the only prescription is ... CONSUMER OVERLOAD.
\

I hear ya man. Too many games right now. But I thought you were going to be all over modern warfare 2?

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
Oburi said:
\

I hear ya man. Too many games right now. But I thought you were going to be all over modern warfare 2?
I was, but there were a number of things that turned me off about the game.

Oburi said:
Got Modern Warfare 2 for the pc. Awesome! Only playing online right now, I don't really care about campaign mode. It's truly amazing though, if anyone wants to play let me know! :guts:

my steam email is foreverataglance@sbcglobal.net add me sometime. I play with me gf and 2 other rl friends.

Mass Effect, played about 9 hours according to Steam. I didn't know it was this excellent. If anyone still didn't play it, do it now.
N7.gif

Oburi

All praise Grail
Soli said:
one of my friends I play mw2 with is a mass effect fan boy

yea... his name is ME

Soli said:
my steam email is foreverataglance@sbcglobal.net add me sometime. I play with me gf and 2 other rl friends.

Ok dude, I added you as a friend. Next time I see you on i'll invite you to a game, or if you want to go one on one and let me kick your ass that way :guts: I'm getting so much better at this game, I can come in the top three in almost every game, and first in about 1/4 of the time. It's only a matter of time...

Scorpio

Courtesy of Grail's doodling.
I've been playing through Mass Effect for the first time and having a blast. It was a shaky start though, as combat just completely reamed me, but I decided to do a crapload of sidequests and now a meaner, beefier Shepard is ready to kick some ass in the main storyline. :daiba:

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
Eluvei said:
Mass Effect, played about 9 hours according to Steam. I didn't know it was this excellent. If anyone still didn't play it, do it now.
N7.gif

The rule of Shepard shall come! Spread the word!

Ko Ninja

¯\(O_o)/¯ クー
I had no idea Mass Effect didn't reach as many people as I thought in my head. I've met a lot of folks in the past few months who have never even seen a picture of it. I'm glad everyone is enjoying it!

For me? I've been playing Bayonetta on the 360 a lot. Trying to finish off the hardest setting now and finish unlocking every last special item/character there is. I picked up MW2 but I can't even see me playing that in the near future. I got some L4D2 in the other day and it was a blast (although it was on the 360-sorry PC folks!). Now Mushihime-sama Futari is coming in the mail and will be here by the end of the week. That's just the start! I agree with Walter. Overload. Cannot compute..der!

Scorpio said:
I've been playing through Mass Effect for the first time and having a blast.
Aazealh said:
The rule of Shepard shall come! Spread the word!
Ko Ninja said:
I'm glad everyone is enjoying it!

Just finished it. 30 hours, made all the side quests I could (wandered around the Citadel quite a few times in between the main missions to search for some) and took my time in a lot of uncharted planets. Easily the best game I've played in the last, I don't know, 10 years? I can't even remember the last time I had so much fun playing one. I was 100% Paragon, and just a little Renegade (some people you just can't be nice to).

Also loved the first DLC. I'd buy the second one, but it's 15 dollars (more expensive than what I payed for the whole game) in my country. Electronic Arts won't let anyone buy international DLCs from their website, so they officialy released it here with that abusive price, and it's presently the only possible way to acquire it. Ridiculous.

I can't wait to play it again, especially because I regret some of my choices...
I let Ashley live and my bro Alenko had to die because of it. What's wrong with me? I can't possibly play ME2 with that arrogant bitch around my group. I always hoped Wrex would kill her in an elevator when I had both in my party, yet I thought it would be more heroic if I saved the "lady" in distress at the time, so I abandoned my friend. Only to regret it one minute later, no less. :judo:

Now it's time for some Dragon Age: Origins! I'll make a post in the DA thread when I create a character!

Oburi

All praise Grail
Mass Effect ->
I did the same thing, I let Ashley live instead, but only because I was only hoping for a kinky three way with Liara, that never happened :sad: But yes, I also regret it, and I was full paragon too. I never waited for all the credits either, I think i was in a rush or something. My last save is a little bit before the final boss, should I go back and finish again and then wait for the final save of the game? I'm not sure if i made it.

To anyone thinking about taking a peek at all the spoilers, know that they're pretty heavy Mass Effect ending spoilers.

Oburi said:
Mass Effect ->
I did the same thing, I let Ashley live instead, but only because I was only hoping for a kinky three way with Liara, that never happened :sad: But yes, I also regret it, and I was full paragon too. I never waited for all the credits either, I think i was in a rush or something. My last save is a little bit before the final boss, should I go back and finish again and then wait for the final save of the game? I'm not sure if i made it.

Good to know I'm not the only one who regrets saving that bitch. I still can't forgive me for killing Kaidan, I enjoyed so much when he talked to Shepard about his past. The worst part is that even after saving her, Williams didn't become any less unpleasant. Sorry if anyone here likes her.

Oburi, I don't think anything like "Progress Saved" appeared after the credits. Try making a new career and select "Existing ID", see if your character shows up as available to replay.
But man, do yourself a favor and just kill the last boss again, the final scenes are so damn epic!

I'm really glad so many people here like Mass Effect.

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
Eluvei said:
Also loved the first DLC. I'd buy the second one, but it's 15 dollars (more expensive than what I payed for the whole game) in my country. Electronic Arts won't let anyone buy international DLCs from their website, so they officialy released it here with that abusive price, and it's presently the only possible way to acquire it. Ridiculous.

Wow, that sucks. The second DLC itself is passable, but the reward you get for it is great. Too bad you can't experience that. :sad:

Eluvei said:
I can't wait to play it again, especially because I regret some of my choices...
I let Ashley live and my bro Alenko had to die because of it. What's wrong with me? I can't possibly play ME2 with that arrogant bitch around my group. I always hoped Wrex would kill her in an elevator when I had both in my party, yet I thought it would be more heroic if I saved the "lady" in distress at the time, so I abandoned my friend. Only to regret it one minute later, no less. :judo:

Hahaha, are you mad? Ashley's death sentence was issued the second she spoke unkindly to Liara as far as I'm concerned. :void:

Oburi said:
I never waited for all the credits either, I think i was in a rush or something. My last save is a little bit before the final boss, should I go back and finish again and then wait for the final save of the game? I'm not sure if i made it.

I already told you months ago that you should.

Eluvei said:
Oburi, I don't think anything like "Progress Saved" appeared after the credits. Try making a new career and select "Existing ID", see if your character shows up as available to replay.

Because they don't write "Progress Saved" doesn't mean there isn't a save. There is in fact one, and it's definitely taken after you beat the final boss. Without it you can't import your character into Mass Effect 2, so it's absolutely necessary to do it.

Top Bottom