What Are You Playing?

I bought Broken Sword 2 on Steam, and now I'm playing it. I like the first two of this series... actually, it's very rare for me to dislike a point & click adventure of the 90s. These games taught me English.

Bayonetta demo :guts: I pre-ordered the game from the the strength of the demo (I don't usually pre-order games but I want one of those garish replica guns! :serpico:)

I pre-ordered Mass Effect 2 aswell because feel like spending Feburary parked infront of the xbox :ganishka:

Other than than I've been trying to finish MDK2 recently, as I've never managed it before ^^;

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
I've been lazily playing Muramasa, Lost Planet and KOTOR these days. I should get my hands on Batman: Arkham Asylum soon and after that I'll move on to Assassin's Creed 2.

Manjou said:
I pre-ordered Mass Effect 2 aswell because feel like spending Feburary parked infront of the xbox :ganishka:

Seal_of_Approval.gif

Finished Assassin's Creed 2 and now I've returned to Battlefield 2142.
But I spend most of my time wasting my money in Pokerstars.com. :judo:

Dragon Age Origins (PS3): In progress
Mass Effect: 2nd run thro.
Bayonetta (360): I.p. For those of you who are curious, There's NO STORY here, just good gameplay.
Ass-Creed 1: SO painful to get thro. HAAAAATE IT, must beat tho since I dl'd it.
Uncharted 2: *completed* The game is so pretty. :slan:

Just played both God of War 1 and 2 from the GOW: Collection. Surprisingly, they both were pretty damn enjoyable. Plus being remastered in HD never hurts.

On a sidenote, I really thought I was going to love L4D2. It really just struck me as more of the same, which kind of makes me sad. To be fair, I still haven't given the time it deserves and probably won't with Mass Effect 2 looming on the horizon. :daiba:

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
I've been playing Borderlands for about a week now. Great game with friends. Sort of leaves you feeling empty if you play it solo though, since it's essentially a big FPS loot fest.

Oburi

All praise Grail
Bayonetta, seriously having a blast with this game. One of the best, most action packed games I've played in a while. Way better than Devil May Cry 4, sad to say.

nomad

"Bring the light of day"
Played MAG beta for the PS3, quite the solid game if you're into FPS and all. I may buy this one.

Gave MAG a chance I didn't like it, I really don't want to say this but I will its no COD I think I am spoiled. But have been playing Darksiders I am enjoying this game thought I would have been done with it allot sooner but this game is surprisingly long. I am enjoying the badassery of War, it is much like GOW but not in a bad way the button presses are minor, weapons are awesome and like the fact you can use cars, street pols, and a few enemy weapons besides your own. You can also outfit your weapons with different items ( one each tho ) to make them have a special property like more damage for example. The combat is really fun it's not super combo heavy like DMC but it has enough to make anyone happy your weapons also lvl up 4 times for each which is cool. The only thing I don't like is the wrath powers thy seem useless I only used 2 of them less then a hand full of times and some of the uses were by mistake. Stone skin would be the best one the others are for groups of enemy's.

The story is pretty good without going into to much detail for thos that dont know you are War a horsmen your job is to keep the balence between heaven,hell,and man. Somthing goes a miss and you set forth to investigate what happend.

Oburi

All praise Grail
Been playing Army of Two - The 40th day on co-op with a friend. This is a lot of fun, like Bayonetta, story and characters take a backseat to mindless action. Game starts off in Japan with buildings exploding and everything getting blown to hell like it's armagedon. It's pretty hard too, definitely a two player game, I can't imagine doing it on single player.

Oburi said:
Bayonetta, seriously having a blast with this game. One of the best, most action packed games I've played in a while. Way better than Devil May Cry 4, sad to say.

It isn't sad at all, since Bayonetta's director is the creator of Devil May Cry also, which is probably the reason why it's better than DMC4. :slan:

Currently playing: inFAMOUS. Great game, really enjoying it so far, gives you a lot of choices to make and plenty of freedom, I'm going for the 'good guy' side this time, can see myself playing through it again after I complete it, demolishing the city even further will be fun.

Also playing on Vagrant Story, since it just came out on PS3 over here (EU territory). Really enjoying that too, and despite its age, I really like the art direction of this game and the story. This is a classic era for Square, so it's no wonder why I'm liking it a lot.

Oburi

All praise Grail
My friend and I recently played through Borderlands. It was a lot of fun for the most part, but what really brought the game down in my eyes was the fact that the missions were so unorganized that we ended up doing the main ones accidentally and beat the final stage and boss without any trouble. After that we didn't really feel like going back any playing the other ones, mainly because they seemed to easy. I don't know why it was so easy, we got so bored of doing the lesser difficulty missions that we went with the harder ones and before we knew it, the credits were rolling. And we didn't really get any ultimate weapons after either, which was kinda the whole point. I used the same weapons through half the game because I never found anything better, and even if I did I just preferred the ones I was using, it was easy anyway. So all things considered, the game did offer several hours of really great fun (I really did have a blast) but it was short lived, the game was too easy and too disorganized, which really makes me more mad than anything. It's like once you start getting into it and having some fun, its over. I'm surprised it got such a high rating, i feel like its missing something, like it could have been so much more.

X

Xem

Oburi said:
My friend and I recently played through Borderlands. It was a lot of fun for the most part, but what really brought the game down in my eyes was the fact that the missions were so unorganized that we ended up doing the main ones accidentally and beat the final stage and boss without any trouble. After that we didn't really feel like going back any playing the other ones, mainly because they seemed to easy. I don't know why it was so easy, we got so bored of doing the lesser difficulty missions that we went with the harder ones and before we knew it, the credits were rolling. And we didn't really get any ultimate weapons after either, which was kinda the whole point. I used the same weapons through half the game because I never found anything better, and even if I did I just preferred the ones I was using, it was easy anyway. So all things considered, the game did offer several hours of really great fun (I really did have a blast) but it was short lived, the game was too easy and too disorganized, which really makes me more mad than anything. It's like once you start getting into it and having some fun, its over. I'm surprised it got such a high rating, i feel like its missing something, like it could have been so much more.

After I found out one of my friends who, for lack of a better term, sucks ass at video games beat this game with some ease, I instantly realized the game must be way too easy. They also told me the story sucked, and once again, they aren't the hardest person to impress (hell, she even makes me look like an elitist when it comes to things like that), I figured even though it's probably fun - it's totally not worth a purchase.

From watching people play it though, I do like the style. Kinda Twisted Metal-esque. Looks like it'd be fun for a few minutes. Though honestly, I feel like PS3 and Xbox360 put out at least a hundred FPS's a year, so you know there's better buys than this.

Seriously, am I the only one sorta sick of all the FPS love that consoles (Wii excluded) get these days? It's like Halo and Counter-strike came out and that's almost the only genre that gets any attention ever since. Bleh. I'd rather go play laser tag or paintball personally. :griffnotevil:

Anyway, I recently bought New Super Mario Bros. Wii. Really looking forward to playing it soon with my girlfriend. Will let you guys know if it's any good when I do.

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
Oburi said:
It's like once you start getting into it and having some fun, its over. I'm surprised it got such a high rating, i feel like its missing something, like it could have been so much more.
With Borderlands, you just have to go into it with low expectations. It's no Diablo II. But it's fun in short bursts and looting chests and corpses is always fun. It helps that the combat is fun too. Scoring headshots is always satisfying. It's true that the game is too easy. I think there's actually a problem with the way the enemy levels scale (or don't) to the player. I did several side missions before coming back to the main plot. When I did, I was about 3-4 levels higher than the main enemies. What's the point then?

If you haven't tried the Dr. Ned expansion, I'd recommend it. It's one of my favorite areas of the game and offers some great loot potential.

Top Bottom