What Are You Playing?

I must say I see what GASKA wanna say. I love the DMC games, in the order he said. I just did not have the chance yet to play to Bayonetta, but I just ( matter of taste of course ) thinks that the main character of Bayonetta is ridiculous. I never played it, ok. I judged it on seeing the artworks, watching the videos, and If you visually consider this character as a positive evolution or in any kind of improvement, then it's just your taste, and not an undeniable fact.

Logically, a game can make some progress, but it's also logic that the game, during its evolution, can loose its substance and interest (look at the Resident Evil series, the 5 is a joke in the story point of view
especially whith the end with Wesker... holy shit it was such a great character and they totally destroyed him

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
showguynie said:
I must say I see what GASKA wanna say. I love the DMC games, in the order he said. I just did not have the chance yet to play to Bayonetta, but I just ( matter of taste of course ) thinks that the main character of Bayonetta is ridiculous.

He wasn't originally talking about the character design though so that's a moot point.

showguynie said:
look at the Resident Evil series, the 5 is a joke in the story point of view
especially whith the end with Wesker... holy shit it was such a great character and they totally destroyed him

Ohohoh, I don't think you know where you're stepping with this! RE5's story made a lot more sense than RE4's or RE:CV's. It at least tried to tie various subplots together and brought an end to the aberration that resurrecting Wesker (A great character? Reeeeaally?) was. There's a thread about it if you want to read more. :slan:

GASKA said:
Even Famitsu gave the XBOX 360 version a perfect score and that is really rare.

It's really not that rare aymore. It's just as rare as any other perfect score in a magazine review these days. Since 2008, seven games received a 40/40 from Famitsu. And really, reviews shouldn't be taken that seriously, go to the Aliens vs. Predator thread and read Game Informer's review of the game. It's laughable, the man actually says an aspect of the game "SUCKS". What an analysis!

About that video, c'mon man, that's shitty on purpose. I mean, it's impossible to do something that ridiculous without noticing how bad it is. Especially if you consider the director also made Okami, which is a very pretty game, the opposite of that distasteful crap.

G

GASKA

Eluvei said:
It's really not that rare aymore. It's just as rare as any other perfect score in a magazine review these days. Since 2008, seven games received a 40/40 from Famitsu. And really, reviews shouldn't be taken that seriously, go to the Aliens vs. Predator thread and read Game Informer's review of the game. It's laughable, the man actually says an aspect of the game "SUCKS". What an analysis!

About that video, c'mon man, that's shitty on purpose. I mean, it's impossible to do something that ridiculous without noticing how bad it is. Especially if you consider the director also made Okami, which is a very pretty game, the opposite of that distasteful crap.
I didn't know he made Okami too. Okami is one of my favorite games ever and the best game on Wii so far. I think Zelda TP is better on the Cube and Okami is better on the Wii. I owned both for both systems to come to that conclusion. Okami, what a beautiful game. :beast: As for Famitsu, I know they have been handing out perfect scores left and right lately but still, I give them more credit than most of the game reviews around today. On a side note I think the website Metacritic.com is pretty awesome for reviews of both movie and game reviews.

Aazealh said:
He wasn't originally talking about the character design though so that's a moot point.

Ohohoh, I don't think you know where you're stepping with this! RE5's story made a lot more sense than RE4's or RE:CV's. It at least tried to tie various subplots together and brought an end to the aberration that resurrecting Wesker (A great character? Reeeeaally?) was. There's a thread about it if you want to read more. :slan:

Speaking of which, I sold my original copy of RE 5 a while ago, I'll probably be a sucker and check out the up coming "Alternate Edition." On that note PSN has RE 1-3 for download, its quite nice, you can pick them up for $5.99 each. :carcus:

Other wise I picked up Dante's Inferno, its alright, I picked it up with Ninja Gaiden Sigma, which I'm finding extremely difficult. Both of which kinda remind me of DMC in some aspects. I don't know, they look different, yet they feel familiar, like I've played them before. But fun none the less.

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
Death May Die said:
Speaking of which, I sold my original copy of RE 5 a while ago, I'll probably be a sucker and check out the up coming "Alternate Edition."

The bonus content will be released as DLC on X360 so I'll probably get it that way, provided it's not too expensive.

Death May Die said:
On that note PSN has RE 1-3 for download, its quite nice, you can pick them up for $5.99 each. :carcus:

No need for that here, I still have my old games. :iva:

G

GASKA

I'd like to know how Dante's Inferno compares to Darksiders and Bayonetta. Ninja Gaiden is hard only until you get use to it. You gotta master the Flying Swallow!!

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
http://www.commandandconquer.com/classic

Command and Conquer Red Alert, Tiberian Sun, and more, all for free.

Th3Branded0ne

I'll be back.
I just finished playing Final Fantasy XII. It was a good game for me. I didn't use the Gambit system as much, just basically the attack function to target enemies. The ending was so-so, but not so bad of a game.

G

GASKA

Th3Branded0ne said:
I just finished playing Final Fantasy XII. It was a good game for me. I didn't use the Gambit system as much, just basically the attack function to target enemies. The ending was so-so, but not so bad of a game.
I think FFXII has the BEST battle system and gameplay out of ANY Final Fantasy. Too bad the story was so boring :puck:

GASKA said:
I'd like to know how Dante's Inferno compares to Darksiders and Bayonetta.

I'm playing Dante's Inferno now. I'm about to play Bayonetta so I can give you my opinion on that when I do but idk. I mean they can't really be compared from what I've seen, heard and played in the demo. Just the feel for both games are on different ends of the spectrum imo.

Darksiders however, doesn't appeal to me because of the character designs. It reminds me too much of WoW and I hate WoW. So I can't help you there. I guess maybe what it comes down to is you're looking to know if people think those games are better or equal in fun to DI.

All that aside I'm really liking DI. I hear a lot of people say it's a rip-off to GOW which I don't quite understand....I like DI way better than GOW anyways. Don't get me wrong I think GOW is great but DI is so much better for me. I mean some of the level designs and enemy designs remind me of the Eclipse in Berserk. The music fits beautifully with the surroundings. The overall feel of the game appeals to me more.

GASKA said:
I think FFXII has the BEST battle system and gameplay out of ANY Final Fantasy. Too bad the story was so boring :puck:

Final Fantasy XII does not have the best battle system, nor does it have the best gameplay IMO. FFVI has a much better battle system and definitely better gameplay. As I said this is just my opinion, don't take this so seriously like you did about Bayonetta being better than DMC. :slan:

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
slan69 said:
Final Fantasy XII does not have the best battle system, nor does it have the best gameplay IMO. FFVI has a much better battle system and definitely better gameplay.

Turn-based random battles? Really?

Aazealh said:
Turn-based random battles? Really?

Yes, only when it comes to Final Fantasy games though. I have played FF I-X which is why I am so used to the turn based random battle's. I have tried playing FFXII but I just couldn't get into it.

G

GASKA

ori said:
I'm playing Dante's Inferno now. I'm about to play Bayonetta so I can give you my opinion on that when I do but idk. I mean they can't really be compared from what I've seen, heard and played in the demo. Just the feel for both games are on different ends of the spectrum imo.

Darksiders however, doesn't appeal to me because of the character designs. It reminds me too much of WoW and I hate WoW. So I can't help you there. I guess maybe what it comes down to is you're looking to know if people think those games are better or equal in fun to DI.

All that aside I'm really liking DI. I hear a lot of people say it's a rip-off to GOW which I don't quite understand....I like DI way better than GOW anyways. Don't get me wrong I think GOW is great but DI is so much better for me. I mean some of the level designs and enemy designs remind me of the Eclipse in Berserk. The music fits beautifully with the surroundings. The overall feel of the game appeals to me more.
Thanks Ori. This is sorta good news. I love the Divine Comedy. I was hoping to get this game someday, I just wish they stuck to the script. Darksiders does look like WoW but wasn't the art done by some famous comic book artist?

Don't worry Slan, no hard feelings :ganishka: Final Fantasy VI is my second favorite Final Fantasy next to VII. I thought the exploring and battle system in XII was amazing and much easier than pressing buttons over and over to do the same actions. I loved how fast paced it was and Ivalice is one of the most beautiful places to visit. I wouldn't mind turned based as much if I could jump right into battle like I could in XII. I own every FF game as well. I can't wait to see how XIII plays out.

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
Catching up on the backlog of games I bought on Steam over the holidays. Just beat BioShock, felt it was extremely overrated. And now I'm onto Red Faction: Guerilla, which is quite a lot of fun. It's a refreshingly unpretentious game about smashing things with your hammer and blowing shit up with explosives. :guts:

G

GASKA

Walter said:
Catching up on the backlog of games I bought on Steam over the holidays. Just beat BioShock, felt it was extremely overrated. And now I'm onto Red Faction: Guerilla, which is quite a lot of fun. It's a refreshingly unpretentious game about smashing things with your hammer and blowing shit up with explosives. :guts:
It's always fun blowing stuff up. I also thought Bioshock was overrated. Of course I did play it after I beat Fallout 3.

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
Speaking of iPhone/iPod Touch ... Plants vs Zombies just came out for it. That's my game of 2009, in case anyone was looking for a recommendation. :ubik:

G

GASKA

Jaze1618 said:
I agree that compared to Fallout3 Bio shock does not hold up.
Fallout spoiled us. I hope the next Elder Scrolls is done with the same care as Fallout 3.

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
Jaze1618 said:
I agree that compared to Fallout3 Bio shock does not hold up.
I don't even know what you guys are talking about. How do you even compare the two? Other than the first-person perspective they're played from, BioShock and Fallout 3 are completely different games. Is Super Mario Bros. better than Legend of Zelda?

Saephon

Die young and save yourself
Indeed, they both have guns....uh, that's it. For the record, I enjoyed Bioshock and didn't care much for Fallout 3. I loved the atmosphere, audio, and visuals of the former, while I found the latter to be boring. Maybe Oblivion's engine had something to do with it; I had such high expectations for Elder Scrolls IV and the game left a bad taste in my mouth.

In any case, Bethesda's going to have to make combat a bit more interesting in their games if they want me to keep playing them. Until then I'm BioWare's bitch. :slan:

I'm also catching up to the stuff I got on the holidays, currently playing Indigo Prophecy. Enjoying it so far... my only complaints are a few uninspired puzzles here and there. I'm really digging the story and characters.

Walter said:
How do you even compare the two?

After the ICO and Devil May Cry comparison, anything should be expected. :void:

G

GASKA

yeah you're cool Eluvei. Ico and Colussus are both action adventure game wether you like it or not. And Bioshock and Fallout are both FPS, Fallout being an RPG too but nonethless both are FPS and both take place in almost the same time period as far as I'm concerned. Other than that they don't have much in common.

Top Bottom