What Are You Playing?

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
GASKA said:
Nobody worth mentioning, or with any backbone at all :ganishka:

Yeah man, no one here is as hardcore as you! Well, good thing you have an awesome life to go back to since no one here is worth mentioning.

GASKA said:
My brother got me into Berserk. I remember watching the cartoon for the first time. It blew me away. Right after that night I cut my nose. Everyone at work the next day asked me what happened. I told them I was in a sword fight with Gambino. They think I'm weird anyway so I really didn't care. :chomp:

The thread may now resume its normal activities.

Aazealh said:
The thread may now resume its normal activities.

Well, in that case... Since you mentioned Ico (btw, how do you pronounce that, I heard a couple of variations) and SotC, both game are just fantastic, I first played them last year and still under an impression, can't wait to play Last Guardian.

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
Konketsuji said:
(btw, how do you pronounce that, I heard a couple of variations)

Well it's "イコ" in Japanese, so 'i' as in... "in" and 'co' as in "correct" should be close enough.

Konketsuji said:
can't wait to play Last Guardian.

Not a PS3 owner here unfortunately. :judo:

SaiyajinNoOuji

I'm still better than you
... and here I am late for the thread shitting. :sad: I always miss the fun stuff.

Anyways, I broke the 100 hour mark for L4D2. Been having fun on the 9vs9+ servers. Those are always great fun especially with some of the custom rules they have on there.

Such as killing special infected can either drop weapons, medical supplies, or spawn tank's and witches! :ubik:

Makes it feel like a true hopeless situation against a never ending zombie horde.

Saephon

Die young and save yourself
Fortunately I know no such pain :iva: As soon as I finish Bioshock 2, I'll be chipping away at my PS3 releases. I still need to open Uncharted 2 and finish Demon's Souls, which after 10 hours, is slowly transitioning from "Ow. Ow. STOP IT." to "Hey, this game's kinda fun when I don't suck."

Also: Plants Vs. Zombies on the iPhone is way too good at killing time.

SaiyajinNoOuji

I'm still better than you
Scorpio said:
I can't do this with a PC?
Pffft 52" Plasma? I suppose that's ok if your on a budget. Why not get one of the new ATI 5000 series video card and plug that mofo to 6 24" LCD monitors? Go big or get out! :badbone:

http://www.amd.com/us/products/technologies/eyefinity/whatiseyefinity/Pages/what-is-eyefinity.aspx

Scorpio said:

This discussion seems to be showing up a lot since this sad announcement.

:sad:

Konketsuji said:
Same is here. I hope I'll get in time. :serpico:

I'll get a PS3 for The Last Guardian alone, basically. I'll go wherever Team Ico goes (which means I'll follow Sony as long Ueda's there), but I'm waiting for the game's release, maybe there's a price cut until then (unlikely, I know). None of the exclusives released so far have sparked my interest, but I'll happily play Uncharted and Demon's Souls when I have it, they seem very nice.

Dar_Klink

Last Guardian when? - CyberKlink 20XX before dying
Scorpio said:
Oh yeah, you can... but I shouldn't be one to talk, I don't have a good gaming pc, tv, 360, or PS3...
Need to get a PS3 for Last Guardian though :serpico:

Scorpio

Courtesy of Grail's doodling.
SaiyajinNoOuji said:
Why not get one of the new ATI 5000 series video card and plug that mofo to 6 24" LCD monitors? Go big or get out! :badbone:

I do have a 5870, and whenever I visit my parents I make sure to bring my computer along so it can enjoy their 70in bigscreen. Maybe I too can one day afford a monolith like that...

Dar Klink said:
Oh yeah, you can... but I shouldn't be one to talk, I don't have a good gaming pc, tv, 360, or PS3...
Need to get a PS3 for Last Guardian though :serpico:

I just wanted to point out that if your computer is up to scratch, playing on a bigscreen is one of the most rewarding things you can do with it. I won't stand for you guys putting down the PC master race! :troll:

Dar_Klink

Scorpio said:
I just wanted to point out that if your computer is up to scratch, playing on a bigscreen is one of the most rewarding things you can do with it. I won't stand for you guys putting down the PC master race! :troll:
Oh, don't worry, I'm only a dirty console peasant because I lack the funds to build a good gaming pc and am horrible at saving money. :troll: If I could afford it I'd have a fucking awesome tv, PC, PS3, and Wii to cover all my gaming bases.
Back to the thread topic, I beat No More Heroes 2, and now have just been dicking around with stupid flash games, for some reason I don't have the attention span for games that I used to... :judo:

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
Scorpio said:

Why, did I say you couldn't? :femto:

SaiyajinNoOuji said:
Pffft 52" Plasma? I suppose that's ok if your on a budget. Why not get one of the new ATI 5000 series video card and plug that mofo to 6 24" LCD monitors? Go big or get out!

Unfortunately I'm not sure Mass Effect 1 is compatible with Eyefinity.

Eluvei said:
I'll get a PS3 for The Last Guardian alone, basically. I'll go wherever Team Ico goes (which means I'll follow Sony as long Ueda's there), but I'm waiting for the game's release, maybe there's a price cut until then (unlikely, I know).

Who knows man, there might be a deal when the game comes out. I'd do the same if I were you.

Saephon

Just finished Bioshock 2. Overall: gameplay was an improvement over the first. Story wasn't as interesting, but I expected that since we're already familiar with Rapture. The last couple hours though were superb; a hefty amount of emotionally engaging stuff that I definitely prefer to the
Big Daddy sequence
at the end of the first game.

Uncharted 2, HOOOOO! :puck:

Soooo... I don't chime in on this thread often, which is strange since I <3 video games :SK: but the one game that I ALWAYS play, and have been for a decade now is Smash Bros. I pretty much only play the Wii one now, but I was a fan of all of them. Any east coast brawlers on this boards? Hit me up with your fc. :slan:

Other than that, well, I DID get Bayonetta and have played maybe 3 hours in, and I'm thoroughly enjoying it. I didn't like the character designs at first (when seeing it pictures/reviews), but upon playing it I totally changed my mind. The music is good too. Overall, I'm a happy customer.

I also bought DJ Hero when it came out and I might be in the minority, but I really like this game. Rhythm games are already fun for me, but I never got too much into Rock Band and the likes. I would say I like DJ Hero even more than Beatmania!

The game I want to get and play: UNCHARTED 2 and MASS EFFECT. And no, Aaz didn't tell me to say that but he's been bugging me to play for months. We kinda made a deal anyways. He watches Battlestar Galactica, and I play ME. Um... so far he has kept his end of the deal, and I have not. :griffnotevil:

PS, I own and have played Ico and SoTC but I didn't beat them. Shameful I know. I love them... just. no. time.

Dar_Klink

DirectDK said:
Soooo... I don't chime in on this thread often, which is strange since I <3 video games :SK: but the one game that I ALWAYS play, and have been for a decade now is Smash Bros. I pretty much only play the Wii one now, but I was a fan of all of them. Any east coast brawlers on this boards? Hit me up with your fc. :slan:
Oh man, I haven't played Brawl in so long, I'm sure I'm rusty as hell now... I'll post my friendcode for it in here though at some point when I'm not too lazy to turn my Wii on :troll:

DirectDK said:
PS, I own and have played Ico and SoTC but I didn't beat them. Shameful I know. I love them... just. no. time.
I...used. to. respect. you. :judo:

Anyway, playing Ace Attorney Investigations: Miles Edgeworth... or as I like to call it Perfect Prosecutor: Miles Edgeworth,COME ON HOW COULD THEY NOT CALL IT THAT!? It would've been the perfect set up for Incompetent Investigator: Dick Gumshoe :troll:. Really loving it so far, but that may just be because I've been craving some more AA lately.

Dar Klink said:
Oh man, I haven't played Brawl in so long, I'm sure I'm rusty as hell now... I'll post my friendcode for it in here though at some point when I'm not too lazy to turn my Wii on :troll:

Hahaha, cool.

Dar Klink said:
I...used. to. respect. you. :judo:

Yes, I should be slapped!!!

OH and DUH, how could I forget. I play Street Fighter 4 at work, after hours at least once a week. We have 2 tournament edition sticks set up on a high table and I've been in training since it came out last year. I am stoked for Super!!! New Japanese trailer just came out for Makoto, Ibuki and Dudley!

I want to chime in and agree that Bayonetta really caught me off guard. When I first saw it, I was completely turned off by it. It looked really laughable to me, but after getting it and playing it for awhile I really enjoy it. Every facet just seems to drip with the feeling that they put a ton of work into making a solid product, even the laughably terrible dialogue.

I'm playing Ace Attorny Investigations as well right now. Just got it last night so I can't say much about it. I've got Mass Effect 2 and Bioshock 2 to play as well, but as with others, I just don't have the time to get to them yet. I'm a little worried since we're coming up fast on Final Fantasy 13 and Spring Break isn't going to be much a help considering I'll be away on a cruise the whole time.

Oh backlog, how you grow and grow~

Saephon

CowTip said:
I've got Mass Effect 2 and Bioshock 2 to play as well, but as with others, I just don't have the time to get to them yet.

I thought you were a hero....heroes don't do things like this. :sad:

Rhombaad

Video Game Time Traveler
I just canceled my pre-order for Final Fantasy XIII. It hurt me to do it, especially since I pre-ordered it the day that option was available, I just don't have the cash right now. I'm going to put it on my birthday list, so I only have to wait until 5/28/10 to play. This also means I don't have the money to download Mass Effect on Steam, either. :farnese:

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
Rhombaad said:
I just don't have the cash right now. I'm going to put it on my birthday list, so I only have to wait until 5/28/10 to play. This also means I don't have the money to download Mass Effect on Steam, either. :farnese:
If you mean the original Mass Effect, I can hook you up with a copy on Steam. Just PM me your steam name.

Th3Branded0ne

I'll be back.
Walter said:
If you mean the original Mass Effect, I can hook you up with a copy on Steam. Just PM me your steam name.

I second that. If anybody wants to play it on the 360 I can hook you up with my game for anyone that doesn't want to miss out on it.

Top Bottom