What Are You Playing?

Saephon

Die young and save yourself
God of War 1 and 2, trying to get through them in preparation for the third. I enjoy the first game a lot, beat 'em ups just get too repetitive for me.

Also play a lot of Quake Live when I feel like quick, painless multiplayer. Anyone else here into Q3 wanna show me your stuff ? :carcus:

Aphasia

ALL MYSTERIES MUST BE SOLVED
slan69 said:
Currently playing Lufia II Rise of the Sinistrals for the SNES.

This game FTW. I remember grabbing it off a shelf after sifting through the bargain RPGs, and it turned out to be surprisingly good, even though it followed the traditional RPG formula seen so often in that era...it executed it with a unique quality. I may have to start this game back up, if I can ever drop Pokemon Fire Red. : O The music spurs great nostalgia in me still, the opening segment for example...Du-dudududu dooo dooooo doo doo duu do do do, etc.

Watch out for those jellies...

Saephon

I'll be picking it up tomorrow, since I didn't care enough to do the midnight preorder thingy. I'd rather sleep tonight....or so I told myself. *continues to browse various forums* I AM finally playing God of War 2 though. My favorite part about falling behind on games these days is that I don't have to suffer a couple years of anticipation like most people who keep up. :iva:

Man, fuck Final Fantasy. Though if that's your bag, then it's a good day to be you I suppose. Prodding aside, after playing Mass Effect, I'd be very skeptical to invest in a FF game. The different stories (mostly), the combat, etc., just makes me kind of cringe. Something about them never struck a chord with me, even during my 'It's Japanese I Gotta Have It' days.

Personally, I can't wait to play God of War 3.

Still have to beat Heavy Rain tho. Haven't played that in over a week. :farnese:

Also, dl'd the demo for Serious Sam HD. Don't know if I should buy the game though.

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
I started over Metroid Prime 3 after giving up on it about a year or so ago. So far Im liking it a lot. After you clear the early zones out, it gets very interesting.

Bought the Orange Box a few weeks ago (yeah I know, late to the party) - Portal was fantastic, and Half Life 2... damn. :ubik: What else have I been missing all these years? I gotta research!

Oburi

All praise Grail
Started playing FFXIII tonight and I must say I'm really blown away. Haven't gotten that far but the first hour was amazing, i thought. Got that special feeling I got when I started Mass Effect 2, just knowing the amount of time and effort that went into all the little details. As my friend put it "I'm a nook and cranny guy", and thats how playing this game makes me feel.

Oburi said:
Started playing FFXIII tonight and I must say I'm really blown away.

Well I rented it yesterday and I must say that I am also blown away, by the graphics that is. I like the new battle system although it's a little too fast paced and if you don't pay attention to your character's HP it can go down fast. That has only happened to me about twice so it's really not that big of a deal. I do like that after the battle you get all your HP back, which means using less items or MP to heal yourself. The one thing that bugs me about this game is that you can only control one character in battle. All in all I'd say this game is quite good. I would recommend you rent it before you rush to buy. :slan:

Rhombaad

Video Game Time Traveler
I spent most of last weekend playing Mass Effect and I'm having a hard time going to sleep at night because of it. It's very hard to turn off.

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
Rhombaad said:
I spent most of last weekend playing Mass Effect and I'm having a hard time going to sleep at night because of it. It's very hard to turn off.
That's good to hear :badbone:

Rhombaad

Video Game Time Traveler
Walter said:
That's good to hear :badbone:

My friend told me that if I liked Mass Effect the sequel would literally make me cum in my pants. Needless to say, I can't wait. :guts:

I'm glad to hear people are enjoying Final Fantasy XIII. I can't wait to play it, although I think I'm slowly becoming more and more distanced from the Final Fantasy series. So far nothing has lived up to VII and VIII, the first two I ever played (I've yet to play VI :farnese:), even though I had a lot of fun playing X. I've yet to play XII, but I've heard good things.

Saephon

To me, a reassuring sign of any Final Fantasy is if it polarizes people. For any given title from VII to XII, roughly half the internet loves it and half despise it. It may not guarantee you'll like it, but to me it suggests at least a decent game. Then there's FFVI...I haven't come across too many people who played that to completion and didn't enjoy it.

X

Xem

You know you're getting old when most of the Final Fantasy fans you run into have never played VI, especially considering it was the hottest game on the market when it came out. I still own my copy of the Game Fan magazine (another seemingly ancient artifact) featuring it. The last FF game I played was IX, and only because it was basically a tribute to the old days of FF.

Anyway, I'm still playing Tatsunoko vs Capcom (seriously awesome game if anyone here likes 2D fighters) and.... Mario Bros. Wii. Still slowly trying to get all the coins for the World 9 levels! 'Specially hard in two player. Lovin' this game. I don't know if anyone else here has beaten Mario Bros. Wii regularly yet, but the last fight with Bowser was both enthralling and irritating. Just like a side-scrolling game should be... next time I'm gonna try it without getting the 'Copter Suit!

Dar_Klink

Last Guardian when? - CyberKlink 20XX before dying
Got my PSTriple, playing Demon's Souls(FUCKING LEARNING CURVE) and Final Fantasy XII(it's kay so far)

EDIT: Oh, and to join in on the current discussion, 6 is my very favorite followed by 9. Final Fantasy was my first FF game(and RPG), and then FF6(called 3 here in the states) was the next one. So it was pretty much the first game where I started to comprehend stuff better, whereas in the first one I barely made it to the pirates and had no idea what I was doing at the time(it was before I was even in school I think)

Gobolatula

praise be to grail!
One of my buddies got me playing Team Fortress 2. I am terrible at it and FPS in general, but it's a whole hell of a lot of fun.

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
Gobolatula said:
One of my buddies got me playing Team Fortress 2. I am terrible at it and FPS in general, but it's a whole hell of a lot of fun.
I consider myself pretty damned good at most FPS, but Im terrible at TF2.

Gobolatula said:

It's the shooter with the most fun for the casual player, I would say. You can always switch up the way you play with the class options, and there's not too much emphasis on statistics and rank like in games like Modern Warfare 2.

Dar_Klink

Last Guardian when? - CyberKlink 20XX before dying
I got more into FFXIII now. I'm enjoying it a good amount and like the new battle system, it really is pretty fast paced and you have to switch around a lot. The whole HP and MP being healed after battle may sound a bit like it's holding your hand, but I have a feeling I'm going to be really thankful for it later, and to tell the truth it saves the time of going through menus for however long after every battle. It feels like a bit of Persona 3/4 in that even regular enemies can kick your ass if you don't take advantage of their weak points. As a conclusion, don't just take reviewer's words for a it that only played the first few hours, it's pretty linear so far, bu I've barely spent any time navigating annoying menus like in previous games. My opinion can still change on it though.

Top Bottom