What Are You Playing?

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
Been trying to finish up Metroid Prime 3, while at the same time starting up Castlevania: Rondo of Blood and continuing to play nightly rounds of L4D2.

The thread "Be prepared for the apocalypse" remembered me of a freeware game I used to play back in the day, Notrium.
You crash land on a strange planet and must find a way to get out of there.
You must also find food, build items, set up camp, etc..

If you want a challenging game you should try this.

Saephon

Die young and save yourself
So I'm about 6 hours into Final Fantasy XIII and I was really starting to dig it.

Then this gem came out today: http://kotaku.com/5494517/donkey-kong-country-2-inspires-three-disc-music-remix-album
Now I'm playing Donkey Kong Country 1 and 2 in a row. *Simultaneous tears of happiness and sorrow* :judo: :serpico:

Oburi

All praise Grail
I must say God of War 3 is one of the best looking games I have seen. i watched my freind play it for about 5 hours last night, very impressive.

Beat God of War 3 in two days. Couldn't put the damn controller down. On my second playthrough as
Fear Kratos
. My brother is currently playing as
Dominus Kratos
. Hopefully my voucher code will show up in my inbox so I can get my hands on the
Phantom of Chaos Kratos
. Awesome freakin game.

Scorpio

Courtesy of Grail's doodling.
Aazealh said:
Playing the Perfect Dark remake on Xbox 360.

How is that? I heard they added new textures and retooled the controls for the xbox controller? This was easily one of my favorite N64 games, so I'm really curious as to how it's being handled/plays on the 360.

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
Scorpio said:
How is that? I heard they added new textures and retooled the controls for the xbox controller? This was easily one of my favorite N64 games, so I'm really curious as to how it's being handled/plays on the 360.

It's pretty good, updated but still very much like the original.

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
Im waiting for the price to drop on it, because Im unsure how well it'll run on my PC. But yeah, the game looks great.

I've been playing a dorky new Tower Defense game on Steam, Sol Survivor: http://store.steampowered.com/app/45000/. It's like Defense Grid (my favorite TD game) with a huge array of options and weapons, only much more clunky.

Beat HL2 last night! Fantastic game, even if each new section seemed to go in just a little too long, before the next wonderful surprise. Man, though, Alyx is hot and all, but I've never seen such an irritating, condescending character in a videogame before in my life. She's like some big sister who treats Gorden like a dimwitted younger brother she tolerates because she's 'supposed to'. Melodramatic, condescending, fantastic ass, drama queen, tomboy, arrogant. Her attitude is just... repulsive.

Makes me wish this game had Mass Effect's morality system!

But oh well. Episode 1 is next! Maybe I'll get to throw her and her dad off a building in this one, it'd make it a much more satisfying game... :ganishka:

Yeah well, I'd be irritated too if the guy I had the hots for and admired and stuff pretty much never said a goddamned word. :daiba:
Also joining the GOW3 train - it is guddamned amazing so far.

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
dwarfkicker said:
How the hell are the names of unlockable costumes considered spoilers?
Some people might want to learn the benefits and perks of beating the game, so it could be considered spoilers for some. Besides, you're a proven spoiler king, just like me. So I spoiled the suspect parts on principle.

I'll let it die after this but the costumes aren't surprising. They're all DLC except for one. So people who beat the game will only see one of the 6 (so far) costumes.

The Guardian said:
Anyone playing Metro 2033 ?
Just bought it today. Hopefully this game is like the Fallout games.
I bought it. I love it so far. My only gripe so far is the way currency is handled. It is interesting but I'm not sure I like it.

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
Bekul said:
Man, though, Alyx is hot and all, but I've never seen such an irritating, condescending character in a videogame before in my life. She's like some big sister who treats Gorden like a dimwitted younger brother she tolerates because she's 'supposed to'. Melodramatic, condescending, fantastic ass, drama queen, tomboy, arrogant. Her attitude is just... repulsive.

Weird, I don't remember her being condescending at all. Nor especially arrogant or a drama queen. If anything she's all over Gordon and sometimes it feels like she fawns too much. Overall she's still one of my favorite supporting characters though.

Finished God of War 3. Found out that development cut a significant portion of the end. Why, idk.

Anyone else feel cheated here concerning Kratos' finale?

Madkreig

In the darkness I´ll wait..... Forever and ever...
Only me playing Napoleon: Total War then, I guess... Awesome game but not really that different from Empire: Total War. Too bad but it certainly is hard to improve an already perfect game :rakshas:

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
SMTStrangeJourneyJPcover.jpg

Picked this up yesterday based on how it scored, and the fact that I liked what little I played of Etrian Odessy and the Shin Megami Tensei series. It's good so far, but extremely chatty... There's about 30 minutes of solid text in the beginning, before they even put you in the field.

Th3Branded0ne

I'll be back.
Playing FF XIII. It's going pretty good so far. I managed to fin these in a yard sale today. Since I haven't played Zelda a link to the past, and with the recent conversations about it, I feel I must. Eventhough I"m kinda late to it, but don't matter a good game is a good game.

snesc.jpg

Top Bottom