Author Topic: What Are You Playing?  (Read 431675 times)

Offline Oburi

• Falconian
  • Of the Abyss
  • All praise Grail
Re: What Are You Playing?
« Reply #575 on: March 26, 2010, 01:15:15 AM »

As much as I love Shin Megami Tensei games, that cover makes me cringe. Looks like Bionicle or something.

Playing FF XIII. It's going pretty good so far. I managed to fin these in a yard sale today. Since I haven't played Zelda a link to the past, and with the recent conversations about it, I feel I must. Eventhough I"m kinda late to it, but don't matter a good game is a good game.

Score!

Offline Walter

• 賢者
  • Administrator
  • Of Terror
  • Chapter ≠ Episode
« Reply #576 on: March 26, 2010, 01:22:52 AM »
As much as I love Shin Megami Tensei games, that cover makes me cringe. Looks like Bionicle or something.
I think the cover is rad, and it's actually what first got me interested in the game.

It must be a love it or hate it kind of thing, because I've read a lot of people's comments who also thought the cover was daring and retro.
:femto: :slan: :ubik:

Offline Griffith

• The Millennium Falcon
  • Falconian
  • Of the Abyss
  • My posts are better.
« Reply #577 on: March 26, 2010, 03:03:26 AM »
It's good so far, but extremely chatty... There's about 30 minutes of solid text in the beginning, before they even put you in the field.

I haven't and likely won't play it, and based on that fact, I already don't like it. That actually keeps me from playing a lot of new games, I wouldn't touch Dragon Age's 10 novels worth of material with a 10-novel-long pole.

As for what I have been playing, I was replaying Wind Waker to follow up my TP replay, but I kind of lost interest at the Earth Temple and haven't played it since last week. Also, though I don't think this counts, I played basketball today... like, outside. =)

Offline Oburi

• Falconian
  • Of the Abyss
  • All praise Grail
« Reply #578 on: March 26, 2010, 03:55:35 AM »

As for what I have been playing, I was replaying Wind Waker to follow up my TP replay, but I kind of lost interest at the Earth Temple and haven't played it since last week. Also, though I don't think this counts, I played basketball today... like, outside. =)

No, no, no. Sun .... bad. Sunblock .... good...

Personally I like games with lots of dialog( text or cut scenes). As long it has equal amount of great gameplay to counter it, I don't mind.

Offline Eluvei

« Reply #579 on: March 26, 2010, 04:19:50 AM »
Personally I like games with lots of dialog( text or cut scenes). As long it has equal amount of great gameplay to counter it, I don't mind.

Same here. I like games with a lot of text, as long as 90% of it isn't a tutorial or badly written. I love Xenogears' second disc!  :troll:

Just finished Cave Story again, the good ending's last dungeon is hell.

Offline Dar Klink

• Falconian
  • Of the Vortex
  • Last Guardian when? - CyberKlink 20XX before dying
« Reply #580 on: March 27, 2010, 03:57:58 AM »
Playing some good ol' Pokemon Heart Gold. I still haven't gotten tired of this formula and the nostalgia sure is helping a lot.

Picked this up yesterday based on how it scored, and the fact that I liked what little I played of Etrian Odessy and the Shin Megami Tensei series. It's good so far, but extremely chatty... There's about 30 minutes of solid text in the beginning, before they even put you in the field.
Been thinking of getting this, I've liked a lot of the SMT games I've played so far, they're a mixture of a bit chatty and lots of grinding mixed with unforgiving gameplay that feels great to master. I'll post my thoughts on it when I get it. On a semi-related note, I love the character designer/artists for most of the SMT games.
I love Xenogears' second disc!  :troll:
Don't remind me about how my 2nd disc was scratched and I had to play through the first 30 minutes of gameplaly unskippable dialogue to get to the part where it might freeze. I'll have to actually beat that game some day. :judo:

Offline Eluvei

« Reply #581 on: March 27, 2010, 07:52:53 AM »
Don't remind me about how my 2nd disc was scratched and I had to play through the first 30 minutes of gameplaly unskippable dialogue to get to the part where it might freeze. I'll have to actually beat that game some day. :judo:

Ouch. Well, the ending's pretty good, I recommend you beat it some day.

I'm playing Grim Fandango now, ohh I love it.

Offline Bekul

« Reply #582 on: March 27, 2010, 09:50:39 AM »

God damn, man. In your hands, you have /gold/ - no, more than gold!

I still remember the best Christmas of my life - I was eleven years old, and - not me, but me, and my younger brother and sister got, from various family members, and check this out - Final Fantasy III (VI), Chrono Trigger, Starfox, Secret of Mana, Super Metroid, The Legend of Zelda: A Link to the Past, Megaman X, and some puzzle game I've forgotten the name of. And some other game.

Yeah. DUDE. Nothing can beat that Christmas.

Offline Aazealh

• 髑髏の騎士
  • Administrator
  • Of Terror
  • そうはいかぬ
« Reply #583 on: March 27, 2010, 10:17:20 AM »
I managed to fin these in a yard sale today. Since I haven't played Zelda a link to the past, and with the recent conversations about it, I feel I must. Eventhough I"m kinda late to it, but don't matter a good game is a good game.

Oh boy, you're in for a treat. The only game that surpassed Zelda 3 for me when I was young was Secret of Mana. Enjoy. :guts:

:ganishka: That's fucking obscene man.

Offline Walter

• 賢者
  • Administrator
  • Of Terror
  • Chapter ≠ Episode
« Reply #584 on: March 28, 2010, 01:19:32 PM »

I still remember the best Christmas of my life - I was eleven years old, and - not me, but me, and my younger brother and sister got, from various family members, and check this out - Final Fantasy III (VI), Chrono Trigger, Starfox, Secret of Mana, Super Metroid, The Legend of Zelda: A Link to the Past, Megaman X, and some puzzle game I've forgotten the name of. And some other game.

I remember that Christmas... for me it was '95, and I had sooo many games to choose from, I would lose either way (could only get one, because those damned carts were expensive). I ended up with FF6, though I had secretly been rooting for CT. But after sitting down with FF6, it turned out to be one of my favorite games of all time. So all was well.

But yeah, that was a golden age of gaming.

Offline Saephon

• Of the Interstice
  • Die young and save yourself
« Reply #585 on: March 28, 2010, 05:14:24 PM »
I too remember that Christmas. My family had an NES for a long time, and my parents were reluctant to get the Super Nintendo since the NES still worked. Eventually late in the system's life, my dad went behind my mom's back (he's a gamer himself  :slan:) and got my sister and I the SNES and several games:

Mario Paint, Super Mario World, Donkey Kong Country, Mario RPG, Final Fantasy VI, Chrono Trigger, Zelda III, and a couple that must not have been good enough for me to remember. I think that December began my gradual path to obesity.  :troll:
Saephon:  Being tired of your disingenuous assertions since 2183.

Offline Turkitage

• Of the Nexus
  • ターク
« Reply #586 on: March 28, 2010, 05:52:31 PM »
man, you guys are getting me all nostalgic over here.  :judo:

FF6, secret of mana, link, mario 3, mario kart, lufia. - I played those games so many times when i first got them after leveling up from NES and getting the SNES.

God damn, man. In your hands, you have /gold/ - no, more than gold!

You're right on both!

I think that December began my gradual path to obesity.  :troll:

haha - well worth it imo!
"I'm oversensitive about bad jokes." - Griffith." -Turk <3

Offline Konketsuji

« Reply #587 on: March 29, 2010, 08:33:38 PM »
I started on Onimusha series, damn good stuff. Btw, what does it actually mean - Onimusha?

Offline Walter

• 賢者
  • Administrator
  • Of Terror
  • Chapter ≠ Episode
« Reply #588 on: March 29, 2010, 08:42:09 PM »
Btw, what does it actually mean - Onimusha?
(鬼武者) Demon Warrior.

Offline Eluvei

« Reply #589 on: March 29, 2010, 08:50:03 PM »
Been playing Torchlight. My cat's name is Gonzales. That's all I have to say.

Offline Konketsuji

« Reply #590 on: March 29, 2010, 08:54:50 PM »
(鬼武者) Demon Warrior.
Thanks, good to know!

Offline Aazealh

• 髑髏の騎士
  • Administrator
  • Of Terror
  • そうはいかぬ
« Reply #591 on: March 29, 2010, 08:57:52 PM »
Been playing Torchlight. My cat's name is Gonzales. That's all I have to say.

Mine's is "Dr. Claw."

Offline Death May Die

• Ask me about Avatar's sales!
  • Of the Nexus
  • "That day you left, that's when I knew."

Offline Aazealh

• 髑髏の騎士
  • Administrator
  • Of Terror
  • そうはいかぬ
« Reply #593 on: April 02, 2010, 08:02:22 PM »

Offline Henry Spencer

« Reply #594 on: April 04, 2010, 12:48:39 PM »
Just got myself Metal Gear AC!D 2. Very good game, I recommend it. It's a tactics game for Metal Gear and the story is far better than the latest entries of MG for me (too convuluted and inconsistent now). Loving it.

Offline Aazealh

• 髑髏の騎士
  • Administrator
  • Of Terror
  • そうはいかぬ
« Reply #595 on: April 04, 2010, 03:51:47 PM »
I'm playing Infinite Space on the NDS and it's pretty cool. I'm not even 10 hours into the game and I already want a fancy-looking sequel on the 3DS.

Offline Aphasia

• Of the Nexus
  • ALL MYSTERIES MUST BE SOLVED
« Reply #596 on: April 04, 2010, 04:37:51 PM »
Just beat both story modes on Muramasa the demon blade for Wii.  Incredibly fun slashem up.  The backgrounds are gorgeous.

Offline Proj2501

« Reply #597 on: April 05, 2010, 06:39:11 PM »
Red Dead Redemption
part 1
http://xbox360.ign.com/dor/objects/14320288/red-dead-redemption/videos/reddead_trl_livingwest1_31710.html
part 2
http://xbox360.ign.com/dor/objects/14320288/red-dead-redemption/videos/reddead_trl_west2_4510.html

What do you guys think? I played the older GTA's but haven't played much of the last game. This setting is much more appealing to me. Might give this a chance and listen to some Ennio Morricone as I play.

Offline Aazealh

• 髑髏の騎士
  • Administrator
  • Of Terror
  • そうはいかぬ
« Reply #598 on: April 05, 2010, 07:24:49 PM »
What do you guys think? I played the older GTA's but haven't played much of the last game. This setting is much more appealing to me.

I'm very much looking forward to this game, more than I ever did for anything in the GTA series. It's almost certainly going to be a day-one purchase for me.

Offline slan69

« Reply #599 on: April 05, 2010, 08:35:27 PM »
I'm very much looking forward to this game, more than I ever did for anything in the GTA series. It's almost certainly going to be a day-one purchase for me.

Same here. I loved playing Red Dead on the PS2. I was always hoping that they would make another Red Dead game on the new consoles. My wish came true. :guts: Anyways I am currently playing Mega Man 1-8, I know I am very behind. :farnese:
Quote -

Love, hate, pain, pleasure, life, death. Everything is there… This is human... This is demonic!

~Slan~