What Are You Playing?

In other news, I started and beat Tenchu 2: Birth of the Assassins. I must say I like it more than the original Tenchu on PS. Even though I thought the opposite before hand.

*Everyone just ignore him and maybe he'll go away. ^^^

Radzeke

ASSUMING DIRECT CONTROL
Death May Die said:
*Everyone just ignore him and maybe he'll go away. ^^^

[size=20pt][glow=black,2,300]DO I LOOK LIEK SOEM1 EZLY IGNOIRED!!? CAERFULL BOIY OR I MITE DO SOEMTHANG YUO CANT IGNOIR SO EZILLUY!! MUAHAHAHA!!!@

OBERRY
DETH WILL DIE

Griffith

With the streak of a tear, Like morning dew
Ugh.

Anyway, I played Limbo and Peggle over the weekend. Limbo was cool, though I wish there was just a little more to it, otherwise it now makes me think of Don't Look Back as Limbo for Atari. Peggle was just plain stupid... and addictive. My friend and I spent basically our entire fucking Saturday playing that damn game.

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
Griffith said:
Ugh.

Anyway, I played Limbo and Peggle over the weekend. Limbo was cool, though I wish there was just a little more to it, otherwise it now makes me think of Don't Look Back as Limbo for Atari. Peggle was just plain stupid... and addictive. My friend and I spent basically our entire fucking Saturday playing that damn game.
Peggle is awesome. I own it on four different platforms :carcus: (PC, DS, cell phone, iPod Touch).

Griffith

Walter said:
Peggle is awesome. I own it on four different platforms :carcus: (PC, DS, cell phone, iPod Touch).

FEVER!

Yeah, it's life-alteringly addictive, so I'm not going to buy it. I'm not going to get Peggle. I'm not buying Peggle Nights either. I'm not getting Peggle and Peggle Nights right now! I'm just not gonna not do it, ok!? :magni:

No...No...No.

The He-Man GIFs. The Foul Language. The Lunacy.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mplBCLrVzBY#t=1m0s

Noooooo!! There aint no comin' back!

He-Man's AWESOME! I own all of it, and back home I've got Castle Greyskull with the old school figures even.

Over the weekend, I played and finished Power Blade and Power Blade 2. Sexy music.

Griffith

Finished Limbo, the second half of the game didn't have the whimsy or creativity of the first, it pretty much became a straight puzzle grind in a boring factory setting (the puzzle factory, cousin to the cinema's famous smoke and fire factory =). Even with some of the neat physics they introduced, it sort of settled on one thing and wasn't as natural or imaginative thereafter. They also really needed to build more on the mysterious antagonists in the early going, such as the spider and the faceless humans out to get you. Finally, the ending was a non-event on par with The Sopranos'. C'mon indie developers, it's not hard, look at super indie games like Don't Look Back or Tower of Heaven. Very simple, elegant, and fitting ends; don't just throw nothing against the wall and ask us to make something significant out of it (Braid even managed to have it both ways, and at least they threw a lot of nothing against the wall =).

Anyway, despite my gripes, it's definitely something worth playing for the first half, just don't feel bad if you don't finish it, you aren't missing anything. Basically, play it, but only until you've had your fill.

I forced myself to finish Metal Gear Solid: Peace Walker a few weeks ago...I love Metal Gear Solid, but I HATED this game. I still find Big Boss to be the FINEST specimen of male, however... :slan:

I'm currently replaying the old PSone classic, Xenogears. How I love you, Xenogears. Even with all of your flaws, I still love you. It's been what, four years? Let us share a drink...or six. Like Mr.Miura, I wouldn't kick you to the curb, even if you ate crackers and sunflower seeds in bed. I'm thinking about hitting up Final Fantasy Tactics (PSone) after I finish this game. I just hope the used copy I managed to get ahold of still works.

And speaking of older games, does anyone remember the PSone game called "Tomba!"? I wish I could find a complete copy that won't cost me my left ovary.

Th3Branded0ne

I'll be back.
Madam President said:
I forced myself to finish Metal Gear Solid: Peace Walker a few weeks ago...I love Metal Gear Solid, but I HATED this game. I still find Big Boss to be the FINEST specimen of male, however... :slan:

I'm on the other end of the stick. I"m liking it so far. I"m barely on the part where you defeat the tank and have to go after the nukes.

Th3Branded0ne said:
I'm on the other end of the stick. I"m liking it so far. I"m barely on the part where you defeat the tank and have to go after the nukes.
I'm on that part either, the game is awesome but not MGS1-4 awesome. Also started playing DragonQuest VIII, a great game indeed! :ubik:

Rhombaad

Video Game Time Traveler
I'm playing more of FFXIII while my computer is in the shop. Once it's back, I'll be diving into StarCraft II: Wings of Liberty again.

Some non-competitive StarCraft 2. There are tons of assholes in BattleNet. Not that I expected otherwise.

Kane & Lynch 2's demo is surprisingly good. You gotta see it, the camera's in documentary-style, complete with camera glitches that distort the graphics sometimes. And the gameplay doesn't get in its way!

And Mafia II's demo is the best sandbox I've ever played!

Demos are awesome!!!!

Oburi

All praise Grail
My buddy and I can't wait for Kane and Lynch 2. The first wasn't exactly mind blowing, but goddammit if it wasn't a shit load of fun on co-op. Glad to here the demo is looking sweet. We are ganna be up for a week straight knocking K&L2 and then moving rite along into Reach!

Truder

"I frown at Griffith's nipples" -Aazealh
I want to play the Berserk game for PS2 but I don't have the money. :sad:
So I went online so I can at least see the cutscenes, but I couldn't find them anywhere. :judo:

Truder said:
I want to play the Berserk game for PS2 but I don't have the money. :sad:
You need to modify your console, it's not that expensive and it's definitely worth it, 'cause you can play any game from any region.

Just finished Crysis, it was so dull and boring, it made me wonder why people love it so much?-_-

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
Konketsuji said:
Just finished Crysis, it was so dull and boring, it made me wonder why people love it so much?-_-

The game is what you make of it. I would call it everything but dull and boring.

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
Konketsuji said:
Well, I don't know, it seemed that way to me, they say Warhead is much better, gonna found out soon.

If you found Crysis boring then I guarantee you it won't be any different with Warhead. It's more of the same.

Aazealh said:
If you found Crysis boring then I guarantee you it won't be any different with Warhead. It's more of the same.
Hm, my friends told me otherwise, but anyway, I'm going to finish downloading it soon and see for myself. :serpico:

Oburi

All praise Grail
Wow, Kain and Lynch 2 was a pretty disappointing. My friend and I blasted through the entire story mode in just four hours. That's it, game over. And the end was really bad. It almost looked like the cutscene was cut short or something. It was really lame.

Now I'm working on Splinter Cell conviction. It's a lot of fun but one of the new features has the color go out for when your hidden in shadows. Since this is basically 80% of the time, most of the game is in black&white. Kind of annoying considering the game has really nice graphics but you don't really get to notice it.

Oburi said:
Wow, Kain and Lynch 2 was a pretty disappointing. My friend and I blasted through the entire story mode in just four hours. That's it, game over. And the end was really bad. It almost looked like the cutscene was cut short or something. It was really lame.

I've heard a lot of complaints about the length, which is why I won't be getting it for now. But that documentary style really got me, it's so awesome. Man, pixellating "inappropriate" things in the game is such a good idea. I'm glad this game exists, and I'll probably buy it when it's 4.99 dollars on Steam.

So the 10 minute demo was actually a huge portion of the game? :ganishka:

Top Bottom