What Are You Playing?

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
Aphasia said:
Ilomilo. Anyone with an xbox should do themselves a favor and buy this. It's one of the more relaxing games I've played, and made me smile more than any other I've played in recent memory.

I'd like to get it for my phone, but AT&T bought its exclusivity or something like that apparently. Damn them!

Oburi

All praise Grail
I got that game Alpha Protocol for Christmas because the person that gave it to me said they thought it was similar to Mass Effect, and they know how much i loved that. Anyone play it? I'm on the fence about just returning it for something else, but then again there isn't much out right now, *continues waiting for Dead Space 2*

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
Oburi said:
I got that game Alpha Protocol for Christmas because the person that gave it to me said they thought it was similar to Mass Effect, and they know how much i loved that. Anyone play it?

Never played it. From what I heard it's got some big problems, but some people like it nevertheless.

Th3Branded0ne

I'll be back.
Finished playing Final Fantasy IX. I thought it was a good game, of course after playing XII and XIII you don't get used to random battles so much anymore, but I managed to do so. God thing that playing it on the psp doesn't make it look as pixelated as on a tv screen. Now playing some SSF4 in anticipation for M Vs Capcome 3. Juri and Viper are the favorites from the new characters.

nomad

"Bring the light of day"
Th3Branded0ne said:
Now playing some SSF4 in anticipation for M Vs Capcome 3. Juri and Viper are the favorites from the new characters.

What console? If it's PS3 give me your PSN name. I tend to do endless battles at night with my friends.

Th3Branded0ne

I'll be back.
Nomad said:
What console? If it's PS3 give me your PSN name. I tend to do endless battles at night with my friends.

IT is PS3, but right now I have a crappy interntet connection that it just doesn't connect well. I'm moving inthe next month or so, so probably for M V C 3 I will be set to have some network fights.

Griffith

With the streak of a tear, Like morning dew
masseffect.jpg

Maxing out my Shepard. Might do yet another play through with him to do everything perfectly before sending him on to the same in ME2. Any advice?

nomad

"Bring the light of day"
Griffith said:
Maxing out my Shepard. Might do yet another play through with him to do everything perfectly before sending him on to the same in ME2. Any advice?

I don't know how many play through's you've done. But I'd suggest you try out a variety of classes. From my experience, some classes were improved compared to their abilities in ME1. Somehow I tend to choose soldier when I have a goodie Shepard. But Renegade Shepard however, I have multiple classes lol.

Breed1Ghost said:
I play SSF4 on ps3 if you need someone else to fight against. My Psn is Adam006

I'll add you tonight. I'm no pro, but I tend to just have friendly endless fights with my friends and all.

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
Finished Ghost Trick yesterday, which is what I'd been playing for the past few days. Great game, I heartily recommend it to any fan of the Ace Attorney franchise or more simply to anyone looking for a great story-driven puzzle game.

These last 2 weeks I finally (emphasis on finally) got into Legend of Zelda Twilight Princess (gamecube version). I'm all the way up to the Temple of Time and for the life of me I don't know why I passed up on this game. I'm loving every second of it :guts:

Scorpio

Courtesy of Grail's doodling.
dwarfkicker said:
These last 2 weeks I finally (emphasis on finally) got into Legend of Zelda Twilight Princess (gamecube version). I'm all the way up to the Temple of Time and for the life of me I don't know why I passed up on this game. I'm loving every second of it :guts:

Recently I've been playing the wii version. I'm not very far but the controls are driving me insane- I am having a very hard time adjusting to the regular waggle controls and wolf form is borderline unplayable. And of course, Nintendo in their infinite wisdom decided I should not be allowed to plug in a gamecube controller which completely baffles me. While I have been enjoying the other aspects of the game so far, a rogue vacuum cleaner recently destroyed the cable for my sensor-bar and I won't be able to play until I get another one... (sure wish I could use that gc controller right about now)

Been playing a lot of (heavily) modified Fallout 3 lately! Really, the game only begins to shine once you add a crap ton of mods to it. But wow, does it ever shine.

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
Scorpio said:
Recently I've been playing the wii version. I'm not very far but the controls are driving me insane- I am having a very hard time adjusting to the regular waggle controls and wolf form is borderline unplayable.

Really? First game I played on the console way back then, and I don't remember having any problem with the controls.

Playing F.E.A.R. 2 at the moment.

Scorpio

Courtesy of Grail's doodling.
Aazealh said:
Really? First game I played on the console way back then, and I don't remember having any problem with the controls.

I've heard people say they had no trouble, but I find it frustrating. Admittedly I was getting used to it, though I still felt like I battled the camera at every turn and the wolf combat portions are still a nightmare for me- I don't enjoy those at all (although I guess I've only had two so far).

I've been playing nothing but MAME and fighting games at the arcade for the last two months or so. Haven't been in the mood for long single player campaigns or online multiplayers. I dropped Team Fortress in December after playing around 450 hours. What a nerd!

Oburi

All praise Grail
Yea I bought it this afternoon. I waiting for it to get dark to play it at a friends house. So stoked!

EDIT- JUst started the second disc. ... :guts: Very awesome.

Aphasia

ALL MYSTERIES MUST BE SOLVED
Just beat VVVVVV. Loved it. Might even bump one of my top 10 games down a notch.

I have a grudge against this room: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4CtiY5D6HCs

Griffith

With the streak of a tear, Like morning dew
Dead Space 2 from GameFly (for $5.95 this month =). Enjoying it, but for better and worse they didn't change much except giving Isaac a voice. I miss him as a silent protagonist though. =)

Speaking of which... :carcus:
http://blog.games.yahoo.com/photos/208-heroes-that-dont-speak

The entry on Gordon Freeman contains this blasphemy:
Gaming’s most famous mute is easily the crowbar-toting star of the Half-Life series.

What!? That's wrong by just about any measure, and to add insult to injury Link is the very next entry.

Truder

"I frown at Griffith's nipples" -Aazealh
Griffith said:
Dead Space 2 from GameFly (for $5.95 this month =). Enjoying it, but for better and worse they didn't change much except giving Isaac a voice. I miss him as a silent protagonist though. =)

Speaking of which... :carcus:
http://blog.games.yahoo.com/photos/208-heroes-that-dont-speak

The entry on Gordon Freeman contains this blasphemy:
What!? That's wrong by just about any measure, and to add insult to injury Link is the very next entry.
I saw that article too. :ganishka:
people were raging about how that list was half-assed.

Top Bottom