What Are You Playing?

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
Look what found its way into my DS again today:

is-iscart1.jpg

It's actually the one year anniversary of me finishing my first Infinite Space playthrough, so I'm celebrating it by starting my second one. This was an amazing little game that was utterly ignored by the gaming press. It deserves to be in the top 10 lists of the past decade.

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
NightCrawler said:
October... :(

I know!

Nomad said:
Ha ha! Yeah, I'm looking forward to this game. However, if I hear another "Go dance with the angels!" line, I swear Namco will receive a mail-bomb with a plastic wing attached to it. :void:

I don't think anyone would dare say this to AKULA. :iva:

Walter said:
Look what found its way into my DS again today

Awesome! Best game ever. :azan:

Aphasia

ALL MYSTERIES MUST BE SOLVED
That new Ace Combat game looks sweet!! Might have be my first entry into the series. It's also pretty pitiful that I haven't picked up infinite space yet after all the love it gets on this board. Been too busy with Pokemon.

I've been battling my co-worker on lunch breaks at work. Stomped him last time. Felt like a badass, had to rub it in his face after he'd beaten me like 3 times. I beat him with my main team too, which consists of Serperior, Chandelure, Braviary, Hydregion, Cloyster and Volcarona.

Also going through Bioshock 2. Having fun. The story isn't as enjoyable as the first, mainly because it's all been done. I don't mind it though, what I really enjoy is the atmosphere...and the looting. Lots and lots of looting.

turkitage

ターク
Oburi said:
Edit- Playing Alice:Madness Returns. Despite not so great reviews I must say this game is incredibly fun. Has some texture issues and the combat isn't anything new, but the artwork and designs are great and it's pretty fun honestly.

Just started playing it and about a couple hours in. So far it is pretty fun. I heard it was rather long too which is a real nice change. I don't like the fact that you can't save anywhere and the check points are very ambiguous - other than completing a stage. Anyways, I'm liking it so far!

Saephon

Die young and save yourself
Attempting to finish The Witcher 2 right now (which I'm loving); also playing a lot of TF2 since it's free. Afterwards I'm gonna play Deus Ex for the first time. Another one of those games that everyone says is amazing and I believe the hype, but have never gotten around to playing because I'm afraid of the awesomeness. :serpico:

Oburi

All praise Grail
Playing Fear 3 at the moment. Pretty decent shooter even if it's all been done to death. Still got some good scares in once in a while.

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
Oburi said:
Playing Fear 3 at the moment. Pretty decent shooter even if it's all been done to death. Still got some good scares in once in a while.
Isn't that the one that times your runs each level and gives you a score?

Walter said:
Isn't that the one that times your runs each level and gives you a score?
Maybe you're confusing it with Vanquish, which was a great game scoring aside. I'm playing Dungeon Siege 3 with my girlfriend, kinda standard, but better than pretty similar Untold Legends Dark Kingdom.
By the way, do you guys know any good co-op games on the PS3?

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
Konketsuji said:
Maybe you're confusing it with Vanquish, which was a great game scoring aside.
No, it's in Fear 3 as well: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7k0RZg2CbRw

And actually, your score is tied to which ending you get. So atmospheric!

Oh, yeah, that's right. To tell the truth the first game was quite good actually or maybe it was so long ago and just seems that way to me now. :guts:

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
Konketsuji said:
Oh, yeah, that's right. To tell the truth the first game was quite good actually or maybe it was so long ago and just seems that way to me now. :guts:
The first and second games were developed by Monolith Productions. But FEAR 3 was developed by "Day 1 Studios," who integrated development plans from an unrelated game into the FEAR universe. Great plan!

Oburi

All praise Grail
Yea Fear 3 has a scoring system but I'm ignoring it. I always go over the time because I like to take games slow and search every nook and cranny so I garantee I get the "shitty ending" even though I plowed through this games in about 5 hours. I'm on the final mission now. Easy as pie. Now I just hope I can return it for a used copy of Shadows of the Damned.

Walter said:
The first and second games were developed by Monolith Productions. But FEAR 3 was developed by "Day 1 Studios," who integrated development plans from an unrelated game into the FEAR universe. Great plan!
Looks like they got you, fan of the series I assume?

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
Walter said:
Never even played one of the games :guts: I just follow video game news pretty closely.

The first two F.E.A.R. games weren't exceptional, and I thought the first game didn't lend itself to a sequel anyway. Might be time to just let the series die.

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
Playing Half-Minute Hero on XBLA (with old school graphics!). I really missed not having a PSP when the game came out so I rushed when it was ported. It's great. Very addictive, fun, everything.

Oburi

All praise Grail
Finally playing Shadows of the Damned and loving every bit of it. After I finish that I'll be eagerly waiting for Deus Ex.

Also anybody play this game Catherine? I played the demo and as much as I enjoy weird Japanese games, this one just seems really, really dumb. Amazingly enough, ign gave a 9.0.

Oburi said:
Also anybody play this game Catherine? I played the demo and as much as I enjoy weird Japanese games, this one just seems really, really dumb. Amazingly enough, ign gave a 9.0.
This game is not for everyone, gameplay is ordinary for a puzzle game, but plot, I heard it was brilliant. I'm going to buy it sooner or later, after a price drop I suppose, thankfully I have a lot of good games to play.

By the way, I finished Heavenly Sword a week ago, goddamn, the game was okay, but the voice acting, I think it was the best English voice acting ever, so awesome! Andy Serkis you the man! Also that blonde chick from Fringe did a splendid work, who am I kidding, the whole cast were splendid!

P.S. Started on Castlevania Lords of Shadow, it's pretty good but I expected better.

Lithrael

Remember, always hold your apple tight
I just FINALLY finished Infinite Space. Anyone have a good rec for my next games for DS and GBA? (Still have the old DS, like to have 2 carts in there, heh.) Seeing as I liked Infinite Space and am pretty sure I already chewed through all the Castlevanias...

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
Lithrael said:
I just FINALLY finished Infinite Space. Anyone have a good rec for my next games for DS and GBA? (Still have the old DS, like to have 2 carts in there, heh.) Seeing as I liked Infinite Space and am pretty sure I already chewed through all the Castlevanias...
Awesome! Please post your thoughts on it in the Infinite Space thread. http://www.skullknight.net/forum/index.php?topic=11758.0 Would love to hear what you thought.

There are so many good DS games, where to begin... Depends on what you're in the mood for. Sounds like you're up for another RPG. One of the most creative RPGs on the DS is The World Ends With You. I'd give that a try.

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
Lithrael said:
I just FINALLY finished Infinite Space.

Better late than never. :guts:

Lithrael said:
Anyone have a good rec for my next games for DS and GBA? (Still have the old DS, like to have 2 carts in there, heh.) Seeing as I liked Infinite Space and am pretty sure I already chewed through all the Castlevanias...

Like Walter said it really depends on what genre you want. Maybe Front Mission, if you haven't played it yet? It's a port of an old SNES game, but it's as good as ever. And while we're on SNES ports, Chrono Trigger is a sure bet as well.

If you want to try other genres, these are titles you might want to look into: Kirby: Canvas Curse, Dragon Quest: Rocket Slime, Ghost Trick, the Phoenix Wright series, Picross DS, the Mario vs Donkey Kong series, Starfox Command, 999: Nine Hours, Nine Persons, Nine Doors.

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
Limbo just landed on Steam. Bought, played and beat it within ... 3.1 hours. Some good atmospheric stuff, but overall lame puzzles. I fail to see what the hype was all about.

Top Bottom