What Are You Playing?

Griffith

With the streak of a tear, Like morning dew
Super Mario Land and Link's Awakening on 3DS Virtual Console. I'm also seriously thinking of pre-ordering Star Fox 64 3D (could that name be any grosser? =)... I figure I can't resist long anyway.

NightCrawler said:
https://fbcdn-sphotos-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-snc6/284268_10150396317573438_682878437_10483262_6125560_n.jpg
Aazealh said:
Rock Band 3? :troll:

Looks like the Van Halen edition judging from his amp head. So Nighty, have you played, "Why the FUCK isn't this piece of SHIT working NOW!?" on that thing? One of my favorite games. If I never see another room like that, it'll be too soon.

BTW, random thought, but if I killed you in an action movie, I'd have to say, "Nighty Night."

P.S. This seems most relevant at the moment:

http://dwellingofduels.net/

Dar_Klink

Last Guardian when? - CyberKlink 20XX before dying
Aazealh said:
But have you preordered the COLLECTOR'S EDITION? :badbone: And I don't mean the paltry Augmented Edition, no sir. :iva:
Yeah yeah, you Euros getting the version with literally everything while we have all the DLC and bonuses spread across like 3 different store's preorders. I just got it on steam for 44 bucks. I could have got it ten dollars cheaper but I... wanted the TF2 items. :farnese:

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
Dar Klink said:
Yeah yeah, you Euros getting the version with literally everything while we have all the DLC and bonuses spread across like 3 different store's preorders. I just got it on steam for 44 bucks. I could have got it ten dollars cheaper but I... wanted the TF2 items. :farnese:

I'll sell you my action figure for $99. Deal? :carcus:

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
Ive played through Deus Ex again in the past week while also finishing Zelda: OoT again on my 3DS. I'm at Ganon's Castle now, and I'm trying to pick out the next 3DS game I'll play. Maybe Pilotwings?

Regardless, late tonight, Deus Ex: Human Revolution will be unlocked on Steam. That's what I'll be doing the rest of the week.

Griffith

Walter said:
I'm at Ganon's Castle now, and I'm trying to pick out the next 3DS game I'll play. Maybe Pilotwings?

Pilotwings... Resort? Looks like lame launch-title letdown 101. I'd wait for Star Fox and take on the OoT Master Quest in the meantime. Plus, there should be plenty more to keep you busy after September 1st. :guts:

Dar_Klink

Turkitage said:
I bet you have a fine collection of hats, no? :troll:
M-my collection is just starting, shut up! I play to play actually, but nothing beats 8 Deus Ex items! :troll:

Saephon

Die young and save yourself
In light of today, I'm finally playing Deus Ex (I know, I know. Don't kill me!). I've owned it on Steam forever, but only ever got through the first level. Did some modding and tweaking so it has high res textures and runs smoothly on my new rig. I assume I'm in for one hell of a game. It's so highly praised.

Rhombaad

Video Game Time Traveler
I've stopped playing World of Warcraft (cancelled my account today). I think I'm done with Blizzard altogether, until they can provide some content along with the great gaming experience. A company with that many quality people and money should be able to deliver a better product than they have been.

Tonight I'm going to start playing Mass Effect again (that's right, I haven't even finished the first one...ugh...). I can't wait to get back into a quality game that is worth my time. After that, I will delve into its sequel.

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
Rhombaad said:
I've stopped playing World of Warcraft (cancelled my account today). I think I'm done with Blizzard altogether, until they can provide some content along with the great gaming experience. A company with that many quality people and money should be able to deliver a better product than they have been.

Believe me, it's not Blizzard, it's the MMORPG genre itself.

Rhombaad

Video Game Time Traveler
Aazealh said:
Believe me, it's not Blizzard, it's the MMORPG genre itself.

True, but StarCraft II is another good example of Blizzard's failed attempts at epic storytelling. They have some really cool ideas and their visuals are excellent, but the writing...ugh...

I think I'm done with MMORPGs. I want to get back into playing games at my leisure, where I'm not always worried about playing catch-up, or trying to get done with a particular quest or achievement first. I want to go at my own pace from now on. I can't wait to get home and play some Mass Effect tonight!

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
Rhombaad said:
True, but StarCraft II is another good example of Blizzard's failed attempts at epic storytelling. They have some really cool ideas and their visuals are excellent, but the writing...ugh...

I don't know, I didn't think it was that bad. Hokey at times, but still miles ahead of the other RTS games I've played in that regard. I don't want to derail the thread, but feel free to tell me what bothered you by PM.

NightCrawler

Aeons gone, vast, mad and deathless
IncantatioN said:
Played a lot of King Of Fighters XI with a friend visiting me over the weekend. I beat him 23 to 9 on a 3 team 1-on-1 tourney hehe. Fun!

That reminded me to check King of Fighters XIII release date ;) Thanks.

Griffith

If anyone wants to be a real man literally playing music and video games at the same time, here's a way anyone can on the ocarina in OoT for 3DS, just like people used to on N64 back in the day. No musical knowledge or experience required for this lesson.

Legend: Moving the joystick up or down (U/D) moves you a full tone up or down, moving the D-pad up or down (u/d) moves the note a helf-step up or down. If you don't know what any of that means, don't worry, all you need to know is U/D means up or down on the circle pad and u/d means up or down on the D-pad.

Here are the notes from high to low, with the corresponding buttons to the right. Soon you'll be playing music like it's Street Fighter II!

E = A+U
D = A
C = X+u
B = X
A = Y
G = R+U
F = R
E = L+U
D = L
C = L+D

Here's an example/practice piece you might have heard of...

Twinkle Twinkle Little Star:

L+D, L+D, R+U, R+U, Y, Y, R+U
R, R, L+U, L+U, L, L, L+D

:griffnotevil:

Enjoy, and keep practicing because one day you may achieve nerdvana:

[flash=400,250]http://www.youtube.com/v/ina4D6ogfPE[/flash]

Aphasia

ALL MYSTERIES MUST BE SOLVED
Everyone's playing Deus Ex! : ( I'm gonna get it next paycheck though. I'm glad you guys like it.

I had 1200 MS points and I was trying to decide between From Dust, Insanely twisted shadow planet and Bastion. I went with Bastion, and I didn't regret my choice. Took a few days to beat. But it was a very memorable experience.

Infinte

They see me rollin', they hatin'.
Truder said:
I'm downloading Team Fortress 2 since It's free, anyone here play it? It's really popular so I'd be disappoint if no one on here plays it.

I have been playing it like crazy these past days and i bought it before it was free so my account is automatically a Premium one, that and CS: Source since the news of a new one coming out and i thought maybe it's time to get those old skills back :guts:.

turkitage

ターク
I love Indie games. Playing Really Big Sky at the moment. It's a super awesome shooter that expects you to constantly die! It's not on steam sadly but you can get it from gamers gate.

It's so beautiful too. And those of you that like Total Biscuit he did a review of it too.

I took some screen shots:

6123206652_2f76093c59_z.jpg

6122665147_341656d56a_z.jpg

Oh, and I almost forgot... there are dinosaurs too!!! rawr!

6122665117_d9b6e98566_z.jpg

Dar_Klink

Replaying Fire Emblem for GBA(7), and I think I'm enjoying it more than I would any modern games that I have right now sadly... I think I might go on a binge and play some 6 on emulator, 8, and then the GC and Wii ones. I don't think I ever did beat the Wii Fire Emblem to tell the truth... oh, and I never beat the DS remake either. Got a lot to do til November when I can waste thousands of hours on Skyrim! :troll:

Top Bottom