What Are You Playing?

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
There's a demo for a Cyberpunk FPS called Hard Reset on Steam right now. I just finished it. Game's pretty fucking incredible, and a throwback to old 90s shooters. The days before cover fire and reloads. http://store.steampowered.com/app/98400/

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
Oburi said:
Anyone played Dead Island yet? I've heard some pretty terrible things about it so far. That it's glitchy and whatnot.
Based on reviews and impressions, there's a huge divide between people on the quality of the game. Some say it's amazing, others say it's derivative and broken. Either way, it's about $30 too much for my blood with as many problems as it supposedly has.

Oburi

All praise Grail
So many arcade games to choose from. I went with insanely twisted shadow planet, which I like so far. Not sure if I should get Bastion too though.

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
Oburi said:
So many arcade games to choose from. I went with insanely twisted shadow planet, which I like so far. Not sure if I should get Bastion too though.
I would have suggested it the other way around actually. Bastion was the clear winner of the Summer of Arcade this year, based on reviews.

Aphasia

ALL MYSTERIES MUST BE SOLVED
Oburi said:

GET GET GET IT! Although ITSP is awesome, too.

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
frankencowx said:
Anyone play Might and Magic: Clash of Heroes?? Thinking about getting it for DS or HD version on console..
The DS version is pretty damned fun. It's a polished puzzle game with some RPG elements. Similar to Puzzle Quest, but I found it to be more involving, since combos and sequences are more important than luck. As I understand it, the HD versions on consoles merely added updated graphics and achievements. No new content. Should also be noted that it's coming to PC within the next two weeks on Steam.

I've been playing Hard Reset on PC the past day. Game is incredible. If you're a fan of cyberpunk or scifi and shooters, this is a no brainer. It's a game that might have been made 10 years ago if shooters hadn't diverged after Half Life. Its design and structure is reminiscent of the days of Quake.

Viral Harvest

Every Knee Bent Too Shall Break
Th3Branded0ne said:
Just finished playing " Heavy Rain". I really liked it, the pace and setting were great. I recommended for those sho haven't played it.

I love that Heavy Rain gives you the constant option to play the game as a complete, mentally-ill sociopath if you should so choose. Moments of dark laughter included:
Throwing Ethan's wife's dishes around, failing with motor skills to help Ethan's wife with the groceries, opting to play basketball in the rain instead of feed Ethan's son, intentionally crashing on the highway as Ethan, cutting Ethan's finger off - THEN cauterizing it for fun, leaving that woman in a sinking car and swimming to shore as Scott, intentionally burning Madison to death in Scott's apartment, getting Norman high whenever I could, letting Scott bounce a CRT television off of Norman's head in the final fight, having sex with Madison and then not forgiving her, and finally my favorite - finding Shaun Mars "alive?" in the water drain and holding the buttons to lift him up to 75% and then dropping him back into the water, 20 times.
I'm a terrible, terrible person but I loved that game!

Oburi

All praise Grail
I bought a game called Bulletstorm for the 360 since I have some free time until Dark Souls. Its actually not bad for another fps. A lot of macho humor and cursing but fun ways of taking out bad guys. Some really big cinimatic moments during gameplay were also suprising (like a godzilla size creature chasing your chopper after you squish her eggs). Nothing amazing but for fast and simple shooter with some cool moments, worth a rent.

Demon's Souls and Marvel v. Capcom 3. I get schooled in one game and school my roommate in another.

Seriously though, I played Demon's Souls and thought I traded it in. Turns out I didn't. It was under my sofa. So now I'm trying to beast thought that and get ready for Dark Souls. Game. Is. Hard.

Viral Harvest

Dragon Quest Monsters: Joker 2, surprisingly pleasant and solid, and probably the best-looking game on the DS. It sends the DS a fond farewell to the place where all dated portables and consoles lie.

Viral Harvest said:
Dragon Quest Monsters: Joker 2, surprisingly pleasant and solid, and probably the best-looking game on the DS. It sends the DS a fond farewell to the place where all dated portables and consoles lie.

Me too! How far along are you?? Im finding that the game doesn't really begin until you beat it. There is so much to do. I've put it in about 26 hours already.

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
The Binding of Isaac: http://store.steampowered.com/app/113200/

It's the next game from Team Meat, the guys who made Super Meat Boy. It's basically a Rouge-like dungeon crawler structured like the Legend of Zelda. Pretty fun. Definitely worth $5!

Viral Harvest

frankencowx said:
Me too! How far along are you?? Im finding that the game doesn't really begin until you beat it. There is so much to do. I've put it in about 26 hours already.

That's classic DQ for you, that is the game opening up after the credits roll haha. I would say I'm about 10 hours in, but I'm bouncing between this and a few other games. However, I'm extremely delighted to see that there's online battling. LOVE. I've beaten every Monsters game except Caravan Heart, and this is quite possibly the best one put out yet. I love my all-slime team haha

SlimeBeherit

[FIGHT][SPELL] [SACRIFICE][ITEM]
Viral Harvest said:
That's classic DQ for you, that is the game opening up after the credits roll haha. I would say I'm about 10 hours in, but I'm bouncing between this and a few other games. However, I'm extremely delighted to see that there's online battling. LOVE. I've beaten every Monsters game except Caravan Heart, and this is quite possibly the best one put out yet. I love my all-slime team haha

I'm playing the game as well, the problem is that your all-slime team wont last very long. If you don't get higher ranked monsters then your not gonna be able to get very far. I really hope Dragon Quest Monster: Terry Wonderland for the 3DS does away with ranks. Cause i have had to say goodbye to a team too many times :judo:

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
Walter said:
The Binding of Isaac: http://store.steampowered.com/app/113200/

It's the next game from Team Meat, the guys who made Super Meat Boy. It's basically a Rouge-like dungeon crawler structured like the Legend of Zelda. Pretty fun. Definitely worth $5!

It's not a Team Meat game actually, it's a side project from one of the members with a friend of his.

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
Aazealh said:
It's not a Team Meat game actually, it's a side project from one of the members with a friend of his.
Ah, well then though it's not a Team Meat game in name, for all intents and purposes it may as well be. Same artist and designer as Super Meat Boy (Ed McMillen) and the same composer (Dan Baranowsky). It looks, feels and sounds like something from that same universe, even.

Top Bottom