What Are You Playing?

Slime_Beherit said:
I'm playing the game as well, the problem is that your all-slime team wont last very long. If you don't get higher ranked monsters then your not gonna be able to get very far. I really hope Dragon Quest Monster: Terry Wonderland for the 3DS does away with ranks. Cause i have had to say goodbye to a team too many times :judo:

Did you beat the game yet?

If so,
I'm having trouble with the real Leonyx, trying to get to the dark world. I'm tired of synthing monsters, I would rather scout them... the synthing you have to do to get some of the cool DQ bosses is more rediculous in this game than any before it :( Any tips??

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
The Battlefield 3 beta is now open for all to play for free. http://store.origin.com/store/ea/en_US/html/originweb/play4free/pbPage.play-free-games-en_US

turkitage

ターク
Playing The Humble Frozenbyte bundle

Don't know who all gets these Humble packs, but they are just indie games that are pretty rad. They release packs like this for a limited time you can pay whatever you want for them. If you pay above the average (which is around $4+ currently) then you get all 5 indie games! I didn't care much for the main game Frozen Synapsy but Trine is super fun. I loved some of their other humble packs on there.

They all work with steam too, they give you a code to load on there.

Oburi

All praise Grail
Anyone else playing Dark Souls yet? I put in about 5 hours and made about hmm... less than 15 minutes of actual gameplay progress. Just constant die/restart/die. I'm barely out of the tutorial (which took me over and hour and half). I even got stuck at the part I'm at now, where I played for two hours straight without advancing before giving up.

Working on my Gundam Musou 3 platinum trophy. Something I wouldn't be saying if it were Dynasty Gundam "2." Such a huge difference, there. Almost all of the trophies have been fun to get, even the grueling friendships. But it's this all missions completed one that's being the real bother. "Shoot down 1000 MS in GM," "Shoot down 1000 MS in Death Army," "Shoot down 1000 MS in BALL." Not very fun at all, and here, at the end of my completion, it's a little detracting from the overall experience. But I try to make it fun. I built this Gundam Playlist on Grooveshark and it's great to play to, since the game's soundtrack is composed of 50 tracks of nothing but mindless guitar music. http://grooveshark.com/#/playlist/Gundam+Fight/60572047 The kicker? The Japanese copy of the game got all(?) the shows' closing themes, opening themes; licensed music, basically. I just wish it wasn't such a copyright hell trying to get a game to remain the same when being brought over. Oh well! It's still great to set the difficulty on hard and stomp around in the Tallgeese as my boy Treize. :guts:

turkitage

ターク
Oburi said:
Anyone else playing Dark Souls yet? I put in about 5 hours and made about hmm... less than 15 minutes of actual gameplay progress. Just constant die/restart/die. I'm barely out of the tutorial (which took me over and hour and half). I even got stuck at the part I'm at now, where I played for two hours straight without advancing before giving up.

Ohhh man! That sounds brutal! I can't wait!! I pre-ordered mine back in June and I got it Oct 4th on my doorstep - which was awesome. But I've been slammed with work all this week that I haven't even had time to crack it open. :judo:

I've seen a good bit of game play and read a lot of the reviews but I hope it isn't stupid hard. As in, the beauty of Demon's Souls was if you died it was your own fault. Not the PC being cheap or cheating, you just didn't observe the situation and learn the tactics for that situation. Even though people said Demon's Souls was hard I barely died in that one.

I'll be joining you Oburi and playing this weekend and if it's as hard as people say.. unlock my masochistic self. :guts:

Turkitage said:
Playing The Humble Frozenbyte bundle

Don't know who all gets these Humble packs, but they are just indie games that are pretty rad. They release packs like this for a limited time you can pay whatever you want for them. If you pay above the average (which is around $4+ currently) then you get all 5 indie games! I didn't care much for the main game Frozen Synapsy but Trine is super fun. I loved some of their other humble packs on there.

They all work with steam too, they give you a code to load on there.
A friend sent me that same link last night on Steam, what games do you recommend from there?

I bought and downloaded Formula 1 Racing's 2011 game last night and I fell asleep while watching Ep 2 (Season 2) of Star Trek, so I'll have a crack at it tonight and have all weekend to get used to the game play. Race on!

turkitage

ターク
IncantatioN said:
A friend sent me that same link last night on Steam, what games do you recommend from there?

Well, it's a bundle pack. Pay what you want for the main game, but if you pay $5+ you get all 5 indie games. I would just do that - It's worth the $5. They have videos of all the games so you can check them out. Nothing spectacular just a handful of indie games for cheap.

X

Xem

Walter said:
The Battlefield 3 beta is now open for all to play for free. http://store.origin.com/store/ea/en_US/html/originweb/play4free/pbPage.play-free-games-en_US

Downloading now, hopefully this and LoL can hold me over until The Old Republic. :ubik:

IncantatioN said:
I bought and downloaded Formula 1 Racing's 2011 game last night and I fell asleep while watching Ep 2 (Season 2) of Star Trek, so I'll have a crack at it tonight and have all weekend to get used to the game play. Race on!
The game's superb, HARD as hell and perfect. The graphics are incredible, in addition to what you can actually do in the cockpit or the tech features you can change. I like how they have the new Indian track which in reality has their inaugural GP weekend 2 races from now. I can't be there, but I can race on the track none the less :femto:

turkitage

ターク
IncantatioN said:
The game's superb, HARD as hell and perfect. The graphics are incredible, in addition to what you can actually do in the cockpit or the tech features you can change. I like how they have the new Indian track which in reality has their inaugural GP weekend 2 races from now. I can't be there, but I can race on the track none the less :femto:

Not sure if you have an xbox/ps3 but I got Forza 4 for xbox. It's really good. The graphics are fantastic and the gameplay is great too. Plus, it loads your cars and money from Forza 3 if you had played that.

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
Oburi said:

Finally got my game, just started playing (entered Lordran). Playing as a Deprived (a real man doesn't need clothes or equipment! :azan:). Haven't figured out how to lock targets yet (no doubt it's easy, I just haven't bothered) but the game's easy so far but I expect it to get tougher now that I'm out of the starting area. I have to say though, keeping your equipment when you respawn takes the fun out of a corpse run!

Oburi

All praise Grail
Aazealh said:
Finally got my game, just started playing (entered Lordran). Playing as a Deprived (a real man doesn't need clothes or equipment! :azan:). Haven't figured out how to lock targets yet (no doubt it's easy, I just haven't bothered) but the game's easy so far but I expect it to get tougher now that I'm out of the starting area. I have to say though, keeping your equipment when you respawn takes the fun out of a corpse run!

Lock on by clicking the right stick. Why would you choose Deprived though, man? Unless you really want a challenge that bad. I chose Thief (for the master key) and as a gift took the Pendant, which I believe is more of a story related item at some point, which is what I like.

I was actually making swift progress for a while and having fun until I entered the Depths (the sewers basically) and became cursed. This has nearly ruined the game for me. Basically being cursed means you have half your health and you must buy a certain item to un-curse you for a good price. It really sucks because I have to farm until I have the souls to get the item, but that's not easy with half health. The closer I get to having enough souls the more careful i need to be of dying and losing them all. I can't progress deeper into the area I'm in either because of an extremely powerful boss. And of course once I uncurse myself there's always the chance of it happening all over again. This bullshit has added hours and hours of tedious grinding just to make up for getting cursed.

Man, the part I'm at now just sucks terribly. What are you playing it on Aaz? If it's possible to invite certain people to play with you (I'm not sure how the online works, I've been playing offline) we should team up and take on some bosses.

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
Oburi said:
Lock on by clicking the right stick.

Yeah I found that out since I posted. :slan:

Oburi said:
Why would you choose Deprived though, man? Unless you really want a challenge that bad.

Dunno, it seemed intriguing. The stats aren't that bad either, pretty even in all categories. Plus I'll get equipment eventually I'm sure. I've already got a nice Morningstar.

Oburi said:
as a gift took the Pendant, which I believe is more of a story related item at some point, which is what I like.

I took the Old Witch's Ring. Figured it might hold some surprises later on. =)

Oburi said:
I was actually making swift progress for a while and having fun until I entered the Depths (the sewers basically) and became cursed. This has nearly ruined the game for me. Basically being cursed means you have half your health and you must buy a certain item to un-curse you for a good price. It really sucks because I have to farm until I have the souls to get the item, but that's not easy with half health. The closer I get to having enough souls the more careful i need to be of dying and losing them all. I can't progress deeper into the area I'm in either because of an extremely powerful boss. And of course once I uncurse myself there's always the chance of it happening all over again. This bullshit has added hours and hours of tedious grinding just to make up for getting cursed.

Man, the part I'm at now just sucks terribly. What are you playing it on Aaz? If it's possible to invite certain people to play with you (I'm not sure how the online works, I've been playing offline) we should team up and take on some bosses.

I'm playing on X360. I'm still not very far in, I met Rickert the smith down below and went to fight some ghosts over the water. Really just the very beginning. I won't have much time to spend on the game until the week-end, but if I manage to catch up to you level-wise yeah sure we could try to team up.

Oburi

All praise Grail
Ok sweet. I'm not very far anyway. I would recommend taking a different path at the beggining though. New Lando gets really tough at low levels. I recommend heading up the mountainside from firelink shrine, towards the undead burg.

turkitage

ターク
Aazealh said:
Playing as a Deprived (a real man doesn't need clothes or equipment! :azan:).

That is rather manly, or insane. Classes don't really matter after the beginning, just a starting point. However, the lower level you pick the more stats you get. So Pyromancer class starts out as level 1 and by the time it's level 6 (Deprive starts out level 6) it'll have more stats then the deprive. So just like in Demon's souls it's best to pick the lowest level.

I beat that Undead Burg place (rang the bell) and now looking for the next zone. So far so good, I was dying a good bit at the start but now it's been a while since I have.

Oburi said:
I was actually making swift progress for a while and having fun until I entered the Depths (the sewers basically) and became cursed. This has nearly ruined the game for me.

So, I kinda made a mistake and killed the person you're suppose to buy that uncurse spell/ring or whatever from. I got scared and thought he was an enemy and I attacked! So........... if that's the only way to get uncursed then I think I'm screwed......

Oburi

All praise Grail
Turkitage said:
So, I kinda made a mistake and killed the person you're suppose to buy that uncurse spell/ring or whatever from. I got scared and thought he was an enemy and I attacked! So........... if that's the only way to get uncursed then I think I'm screwed......

Well yea that really sucks. He's not the only person to get that from. I know one more person but it's a bit more expensive. That guy had some spells though you shouldn't have killed him. But hey you might not get cursed in the sewers. I had my first one through fine without any trouble, then the boss killed me and in my haste to recover all my souls (some 6k) i was killed and cursed. So that'll hold me up a bit now.

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
Turkitage said:
That is rather manly, or insane. Classes don't really matter after the beginning, just a starting point. However, the lower level you pick the more stats you get. So Pyromancer class starts out as level 1 and by the time it's level 6 (Deprive starts out level 6) it'll have more stats then the deprive. So just like in Demon's souls it's best to pick the lowest level.

Yeah I considered that as well, but figured it wouldn't be too bad and that there might be a reward later on for having started the hard way. Maybe it's just to make things harder though, I don't know. I guess I'll find out sooner or later.

Turkitage said:
Not sure if you have an xbox/ps3 but I got Forza 4 for xbox. It's really good. The graphics are fantastic and the gameplay is great too. Plus, it loads your cars and money from Forza 3 if you had played that.

Nope, don't have either of those consoles >_>

Since you guys are playing Dark Souls I figured that you have a PSN accounts. :troll: Would you mind telling me your user names so I can add to my friends list? :carcus: I would love to play Tekken, SC, or other fighting games with someone from this forum.

Oburi

All praise Grail
360 as well. So how is everyone else doing in Dark Souls. This is game is so fantastic. Easily my favorite of the year so far.

I was able lift the curse off myself and before preceding back to the depths I decided to farm around a bit. I explored Darkroot Forest a bit and defeated some of the "boss" enemies their. They weren't as hard as I thought and I managed to get some better equipment. Currently wearing hard leather armor. I then decided to back to areas I cleared to finish stuff I skipped like Black Knights and another massive knight known as Havel. I was able defeat these guys now and got some more decent equipment. The feeling of accomplishment I get from this game is something I haven't felt in a long time.

Now I'm no expert on the game but I got off to a very rocky start because I didn't understand a lot of the reasons that got me killed before. For example, you can carry unlimited items in your inventory but you will be encumbered by what you wear. This may seem obvious but it's actually more important than you think. In fact, it's absolutely essential that you keep your encumbrance below %50 and if possible under %25. You not only need to dodge a lot but you need to get behind the enemy to do as much damage as possible, boss' included. Took a lot of trial and error but once it clicked for me it was like a whole new game. Now I'm making excellent progress. Still taking it slow so I doubt I'm even a quarter of the way through but it's much easier now.

My path so far was Undead Burg, Undead Parish, The Depths, Darkroot Garden (there's still areas closed off though) and I'm about to enter Blightown, which according to everyone else is a nightmare.

Top Bottom