What Are You Playing?

Lord Leith

Welcome back Casca
Ha yeah I saw that, come to think of it, it would be pretty awesome to get a new current gen Berserk game, I can only hope maybe the films will let that happen :schierke:

Mario 3D land is pretty cool so far, a little easy but the extra worlds should change that.
Skyrim great as always.

Oburi

All praise Grail
Trying to play Rage but I'm having trouble getting into it. The AI is cool but it seems like a lot fetch quests in borderlands style environment. Just can't seem to find the groove.

Viral Harvest

Every Knee Bent Too Shall Break
Playing the first SMT: Persona port on PSP. It's enjoyable so far, but the repetitive J-Pop songs have made me mute the game on more than one occasion.

Oburi

All praise Grail
Playing Rayman: Origins. It's pretty incredible. I've been playing on co-op with a partner and it's such a blast. The music is hilarious, the graphics are like being in a loony tunes episode and even the difficulty is surprisingly challenging at times. Best platformer I've played in years actually. I'd recommend this to anyone and everyone.

It's so refreshing playing this after Rage. Rage friggin sucked. The AI is good but that's about all i took away from that game.

A productive gaming weekend for an old bat such as me. Installed GT5 and am almost done with the license training on there. At first I thought the game was uber hard but then I realized I was hitting the hand-break button for regular breaking, so yeah it got waay easier after that (D'OH). Installed and played Tiger Woods Golf 11 for a good hour and a half with Branded, he kicked my arse pretty much. The online multi-player mode was much better than Tekken 6's which would literally crap on us during every game. I also played a bit of DC Universe which a friend suggested I get since it was free.

Picked up NFS: Shift and Street Fighter IV today. I now own 5 games (yaay!).

Turkitage, you have Forza for PS3? What version of the game? Is there multi-player on there?

EDIT: Kelly (the commentator) on Tiger Woods Golf 11 is annoying, she hates me.

Awww shoot, thanks for clarifying guys.

I checked out NFS: Shift this evening and it's ... pretty gritty and feels a bit more realistic than GT5 without any driver assists. Doing it the hard way on both racing games taking off driver assists and trying to get used to this stupid controller that I'm not used to. If anyone's used steering wheel accessories or any others used for racing games, I'd appreciate an opinion on how good/ bad they fare?

I actually just picked up Rage for $30 at Best Buy. It's gorgeous and doesn't play too shabby either. I finally beat Gears 3 and, boy, what a bore fest that ending was. I'm so happy so much was left unanswered.

Griffith

With the streak of a tear, Like morning dew
Posting this here too because it's what I'm playing, at least until RE: Revelations comes out:

I'm in the middle of replaying OoT 3D Master Quest and I'm doing everything I can to make it a unique and challenging experience as possible. I'm not using L-targeting, and I've inverted the first person controls to throw me off ever so slightly like the mirrored environments, and I'm playing using only the broken Giant's Knife as my sword, so half the damage of the Master Sword (or equal to the Kokiri sword), no range, and no shield (I'm also wearing no shield, which looks cool with the big sheath, like Guts :guts:) I'm also exploring whatever alternative routes or dungeon order I can do to complete the game. For example, I have the Bow, Hammer, Longshot, and Iron Boots but haven't completed any of the Temples yet, just the Ice Cavern and side quests (I'm eying the Gerudo's Fortress next). If I can find a way back to being a child and getting the Lens of Truth without beating the Forest Temple, I will (perhaps by beating the Water or Fire Temple first, but I'm doubtful it'll work). If not, I'll just beat it, get the lens, and then do something stupid like beat the rest of the Temples in reverse or random order. In any case, the amount of freedom to explore and do what you want is refreshing. Maybe that should be the brilliant new innovation they add to future Zelda's: make it open like the first game, or at least as non-linear as OoT where you weren't completely on rails.

Aphasia

ALL MYSTERIES MUST BE SOLVED
Griffith said:
Posting this here too because it's what I'm playing, at least until RE: Revelations comes out:

I'm in the middle of replaying OoT 3D Master Quest and I'm doing everything I can to make it a unique and challenging experience as possible. I'm not using L-targeting, and I've inverted the first person controls to throw me off ever so slightly like the mirrored environments, and I'm playing using only the broken Giant's Knife as my sword, so half the damage of the Master Sword (or equal to the Kokiri sword), no range, and no shield (I'm also wearing no shield, which looks cool with the big sheath, like Guts :guts:) I'm also exploring whatever alternative routes or dungeon order I can do to complete the game. For example, I have the Bow, Hammer, Longshot, and Iron Boots but haven't completed any of the Temples yet, just the Ice Cavern and side quests (I'm eying the Gerudo's Fortress next). If I can find a way back to being a child and getting the Lens of Truth without beating the Forest Temple, I will (perhaps by beating the Water or Fire Temple first, but I'm doubtful it'll work). If not, I'll just beat it, get the lens, and then do something stupid like beat the rest of the Temples in reverse or random order. In any case, the amount of freedom to explore and do what you want is refreshing. Maybe that should be the brilliant new innovation they add to future Zelda's: make it open like the first game, or at least as non-linear as OoT where you weren't completely on rails.

That sounds like it's a really interesting play through! I would be really happy if they just changed that about all future zeldas. I love exploring!

Been playing Infinity Blade 2 lately. Just beat it in fact. Pretty fun.

Griffith

Aphasia said:
That sounds like it's a really interesting play through! I would be really happy if they just changed that about all future zeldas. I love exploring!

Yep, I finished the Gerudo Fortress. Those red female guards are a lot more problematic without Z-targeting, they block all direct attacks and with the broken sword you have to hit them over a dozen times. I'm contemplating my next move, I can't even begin the Spirit Temple without going back in time, even if I could make my way to it without the Lens of Truth, which means beating the Forest Temple. I don't want to do the Forest Temple first though, and even second feels like just a technicality. So, I'm thinking of doing the Water Temple first because that'd be kind of cool in and of itself and hopefully open the way to the Shadow Temple, which would be great to do second and without the Lens of Truth. Then the forest Temple third, followed by the Spirit Temple, and Fire Temple last (which is especially tricky in Master Quest). The only downside I'd rather do the Spirit temple earlier, but unless I beat the Forest Temple first or second, I don't see how (and that would push the Shadow Temple closer to it's more traditional ordering either 4th or 5th or consecutive with the Spirit Temple, and that's no fun). So, it's a trade off; doing the Spirit Temple second would be neat, but doing the Forest Temple first sure wouldn't, and the overall order wouldn't be as mixed and interesting. So, unless someone has a better suggestion I think the order's going to be:

1. Water Temple
2. Shadow Temple
3. Forest Temple
4. Spirit Temple
5. Fire Temple

OR:

1. Water Temple
2. Forest Temple
3. Spirit Temple
4. Fire Temple
5. Shadow Temple

Btw... I'M NOT CRAZY! :mozgus:

Rhombaad

Video Game Time Traveler
I finished Mass Effect 2 last night. I really enjoyed it, but the ending seemed a bit less exciting, or fulfilling, than Mass Effect's. It might just be that this is the second act, but I found the first game's ending to be tremendous (what with the assault on The Citadel, the attack on Sovereign, the final battle against Sovereign/Saren). Don't get me wrong, I'm stoked for Mass Effect 3, but I couldn't help but feel a tad bit let down when I finished it.

I guess I was expecting some sort of face-to-face with Harbinger. Guess we'll see that in MS3. :guts:

Griffith

Rhombaad said:
I finished Mass Effect 2 last night. I really enjoyed it, but the ending seemed a bit less exciting, or fulfilling, than Mass Effect's. It might just be that this is the second act, but I found the first game's ending to be tremendous (what with the assault on The Citadel, the attack on Sovereign, the final battle against Sovereign/Saren). Don't get me wrong, I'm stoked for Mass Effect 3, but I couldn't help but feel a tad bit let down when I finished it.

I guess I was expecting some sort of face-to-face with Harbinger. Guess we'll see that in MS3. :guts:

What, you didn't like the riveting story progression? :guts:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3oUgiTacw2s

Yeah, I do hope it was laying a necessary foundation for something great in the next game, but until I see it that's just wishful thinking. I mean, they already had a great foundation and they basically chose to punt the ball until next time. Makes me skeptical they were just holding back all the other great ideas they had for the grand finale.

Rhombaad

Video Game Time Traveler
Griffith said:
What, you didn't like the riveting story progression? :guts:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3oUgiTacw2s

Honestly, that video pretty accurately sums up how I felt. Good work, Griff. :guts:

Dar_Klink

Last Guardian when? - CyberKlink 20XX before dying
I have tons of new games to play, but since my girlfriend has been back in the states(she was in Aazland to study for the past few months and going back tomorrow) I've been playing TF2 with her a lot and streaming some nostalgia games for us including Banjo Kazooie, Ocarina of Time(not Griffith mode though), Rayman 2, Lion King for SNES :mozgus: , Kirby Crystal Shards, Pokemon Snap, and some other N64 era stuff. Since she's going back to her campus in Cannes where livestream doesn't seem to work and Steam won't connect I'll be going back to Dark Souls and Skyward Sword.

Oh, and we also tried out the Tribes Ascend Beta yesterday, it was pretty fun although I suck at it.

Top Bottom