What Are You Playing?

H

hellrasinbrasin

The shear amount, of environment destruction; is amazing to witness. The Self-Dismemberment, to reach other areas is comical; as is the chaos during fight scenes.

:: Score ::

3/4

Oburi

All praise Grail
http://xbox360.ign.com/articles/121/1217615p1.html

Not that I put a lot of stock into ign but that's a terrible score.

H

hellrasinbrasin

Oburi said:
http://xbox360.ign.com/articles/121/1217615p1.html

Not that I put a lot of stock into ign but that's a terrible score.

I buy games based on my own set standards.

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
Just got my Diablo III closed beta invite. Late last month, I got a Dota 2 beta invite. I've had absolutely no reason to purchase games so far this year. :ubik:

But RE: Revelations will be arriving next week.

Viral Harvest

Every Knee Bent Too Shall Break
Persona 2: Innocent Sin for the PSP, but on my TV. I finished the first Persona game (sort of, got the "bad" ending and didn't have the heart to start from the beginning and trudge through 18 hours of grinding and dungeon crawling again, so I crushed the game into a fine powder, shot it between my toes, and looked up what I would have missed on Youtube). Atlus did a fantastic job with this game, I'm really digging the character depth that really wasn't all that present in the first one as well as smoothing out everything else that was clunky. After this it's P2: Eternal Punishment, then P3: FES, and finally P4. I was told to check out these games, and while enjoyable, they're not nearly as brooding and dark as the true SMT games. Too much focus on Japanese pop-culture, not enough moral decisions and siding with Lucifer or YHWH.

Saephon

Die young and save yourself
Playing the first Mass Effect for the 10th time or so...I honestly don't want to replay 2 though. I wish there was a way to import my save from the first one directly into Mass Effect 3. The middle game really doesn't need to exist plot-wise... :farnese: THE REAPERS ARE STILL COMING, BY THE WAY!

On a side note, I love how I barely have to wait for video games as I grow older. I'm so busy with real life that before I know it, a huge release is right around the corner. Of course, now I'm plagued with the problem of a giant backlog on Steam...First world problems. :guts:

Griffith

With the streak of a tear, Like morning dew
Saephon said:
Playing the first Mass Effect for the 10th time or so...I honestly don't want to replay 2 though. I wish there was a way to import my save from the first one directly into Mass Effect 3. The middle game really doesn't need to exist plot-wise... :farnese: THE REAPERS ARE STILL COMING, BY THE WAY!

I've posted it before, and I'll probably post it again:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3oUgiTacw2s

BTW, what makes you think 3 will be any better? :iva:

Currently battling my way through Front Mission 3, always like abit of Giant Robot strategy to fire me up abit. Somewhere in the middle of that always played through The Darkness II and that was money well spent.

turkitage

ターク
Played the new Twisted Metal game over the weekend. The first shipment includes Twisted Metal Black which is a nice surprise.

The campaign is pretty over-the-top, dark, and goofy as it always is. The campaign missions, for the most part, are pretty fun too - just kill your enemy. Unfortunately, they have to change things and now for each campaign you have these races that you need to complete. The checkpoints are hard to see and some of them you have to drive up buildings and then jump from building to building. So, if you fall you're pretty much screwed. It makes it real unenjoyable when I just wanted to kill people with cars! The only downside is you have to complete all the campaigns to unlock vehicles so I'm forced to do all these stupid challenges (the boss fights are dumb too) just to play online multiplayer with everything. So, if you don't mind the story mode and can complete it on the hardest difficulty to unlock all the characters then the multiplayer online is pretty fun!

Oburi

All praise Grail
Playing the new silent hill game. Despite the disapointing reviews I'm enjoying the hell out of it. Super realistic with inventory and instead of a health bar you just see how messed up and bloody your guy gets. Its also scary with some truly creepy or disturbing moments. The combat and controls are the only annoyingly bad parts really. Also fantastic music. Seriously the music is great. I will also be playing a game called binary domain tonight. Anyone play it? Looks cool enough.

Th3Branded0ne

I'll be back.
I rented Resident Evil: Operation Raccoon City, to give it a try and see how it was. I ended up beating it. It's ok, feels like RE5, and seems that online gaming would be alot more fun to play.
At the end, you can kill Leon or save him. Which I think would have worked better if he escaped or you just help him.

Whilst visiting my friends upstate NY, I played an hour's worth of Final Fantasy XIII, Fist Of The North Star: Ken's Rage and a few minutes of Battlefield 3. It was interesting for sure and it's always motivating seeing someone else play the game first, for me at least, cos I can see what it can be like at a later stage. As soon as I have some free time on my hands, I'll hit up and hopefully finish Heavy Rain.

I've been pouring a lot of hours into the Sins of a Solar Empire:Rebellion beta, even though my favorite faction, the Vasari, haven't been made playable yet. :judo: Hurry up Ironclad, show me the good stuff!! :daiba:

Between the massive fleets, starbases (TEC loyalists can have multiple starbases in a single gravity well) and the massive titans, this fulfills all my epic space war fantasies! :ubik:

I finally scored my first battle points in Street Fighter x Tekken under the Arcade mode because I beat 3 challengers >_>' ... for the first time haha. I'm nowhere close to Proj or Breed in terms of skill but with practice I can hope to give them a decent fight.

Oburi

All praise Grail
I finished the game I mentioned before, Binary Domain. It was decent for a TPS. Some neat sci-fi, reminded me of terminator. I think having come right off MA3 before playing it may have got in the way of me from enjoying it more. The whole time I just wanted to use my biotics.

Anyway I'm currently playing my biggest guilty pleasure, Warriors Orochi 3, which came out only a few months ago totally under the radar. Its a good thing someone told me. This game is so ridiculous. They have a ton of playable characters not just from the past games but also Ryu Hayabusa, Achilles from Troy, Joan of Arc and a chick from Dead or Alive. The crazy part is they have managed to work these characters into the main story using alternate dimensions and time travel. :serpico:

IncantatioN said:
I finally scored my first battle points in Street Fighter x Tekken under the Arcade mode because I beat 3 challengers >_>' ... for the first time haha. I'm nowhere close to Proj or Breed in terms of skill but with practice I can hope to give them a decent fight.

Yes you are. I went from 720 BP's to 100 something...in ONE night. I've now moved onto Skyrim and I'm fucking wishing I got into way back when.

Top Bottom