What Are You Playing?

An hour's worth of kicking butt, teamed with Turkitage in Scramble matches on Street Fighter x Tekken. We won every match except for the last one and I signed off cos I have an early start tomorrow morning.

Oburi

All praise Grail
BerserkMJM said:
Suikoden V and the first Disgaea are splitting my time right now.

Nice.

You know it sucks how I try to play all these games. I have trouble finishing them because I don't have enough time and then another game comes out that I don't want to miss so I just get caught in this vicious cycle. I hate not finishing games.

Oburi said:
Nice.

You know it sucks how I try to play all these games. I have trouble finishing them because I don't have enough time and then another game comes out that I don't want to miss so I just get caught in this vicious cycle. I hate not finishing games.

I hear you. My backlog has become a great eye wreathed in flame, ever watchful...

SlimeBeherit

[FIGHT][SPELL] [SACRIFICE][ITEM]
Breed1Ghost said:
Started playing Persona 3 for the first time. Its not to bad but 4 stole so much from 3 it makes me sad :judo:

I was about to buy P3 as well. Being that i played P4 first, I do wonder if i would find P3 mechanically inferior. Though I don't understand how you would find that a sequel to game iterating on its predecessor sad? Is the story too similar?

Dar_Klink

Last Guardian when? - CyberKlink 20XX before dying
Slime_Beherit said:
I was about to buy P3 as well. Being that i played P4 first, I do wonder if i would find P3 mechanically inferior. Though I don't understand how you would find that a sequel to game iterating on its predecessor sad? Is the story too similar?
I think he means gameplaywise? As in P4 improved a lot of P3's gameplay, so it makes it harder to play P3. The stories are extremely different in setting and mood.

SlimeBeherit

Dar Klink said:
I think he means gameplaywise? As in P4 improved a lot of P3's gameplay, so it makes it harder to play P3. The stories are extremely different in setting and mood.

The use of stole threw me off. I probably will still play it in preparation for P4: Arena. I don't know a 3rd of the roster. Really don't know why it's called Persona 4: Arena

I'm off to play more Stronghold Crusader campaign now.
I love strategy games (although some other aspects have to be decent ) since it takes intelligence for it and I love making up plans.

I'm sorry I ment that I was sad that 4 stole alot from 3 meaning I feel after playing 3 for a while that 4 is basicly 3 with new paint and story but nothing really changed from 3.

I like P3 but I find it harder to like the other charecters in 3 more then i did in 4. 4 improved some things then 3 but it is basicly the same game, so far the only things i like better in 4 are the npcs/pcs are more likeable and that you can controll all charecters in battle. I dont know why but 3 wont let you directly controll all of the pcs in battle i get frustraited not being able to.

After you start playing P3 if you played 4 first you will see what I mean right away. Oh an I am wating for P4 Arena also looks fun as hell.

SlimeBeherit

Breed1Ghost said:
I dont know why but 3 wont let you directly controll all of the pcs in battle i get frustraited not being able to.

Just lost 2 hours of progress because one of my team members refused to use the skill the enemy was weak against... I dunno if I'll pick it up again.

I should've picked up Fez instead of FES, anyone here playing Fez?

Slime_Beherit said:
Just lost 2 hours of progress because one of my team members refused to use the skill the enemy was weak against... I dunno if I'll pick it up again.

I should've picked up Fez instead of FES, anyone here playing Fez?

I'm sorry to hear that. I wouldn't not play it after that tho its still worth it i have lost more time then that I also look at it as doing things differently if I wanted to do something different or spend my time with a different person instead.

My PS3 stopped reading discs a few weeks ago but I can't complain too much, I got one of the first issued :/. Now I'm home for the summer and dusted off the Wii. Though I don't really have many games now my friend was nice enough to bring me Super Mario Galaxy 2, Madworld, Super Paper Mario, Resident Evil 4 Wii Edition, Donkey Kong Country Returns and Metroid Other M.

Played quite a bit of Madworld and it's quite ridiculous. Gameplay wasn't really anything to write home about and the dialogue can get repetitive but it kept my interest for quite awhile until I switched over to Galaxy 2 which is great. Looks like I'm going to be having a pretty Wii filled summer.

I started playing Arkham Asylum this weekend (the 360 version which I bought months ago but never opened). It's pretty awesome so far. I just got to the part where I
locked up Harley Quinn

Oburi

All praise Grail
Groovy Metal Fist said:
I started playing Arkham Asylum this weekend (the 360 version which I bought months ago but never opened). It's pretty awesome so far. I just got to the part where I
locked up Harley Quinn

Damn dude, your way behind. :guts: it is a great game though.

I picked up a mint condition PSP-3001 for 55 bucks with a case and all--and started playing Suikoden and (replaying) Grandia & Lunar.

Grandia-Cover2-349x300.jpg
Suikoden_packaging01.jpg
Lunar_Silver_Star_Harmony.jpg

I also purchased a ton more old school PSX RPGs + PSP remakes, etc:

Chrono Cross
Xenogears
Breath of Fire IV
Legend of the Dragoon
FF Tactics: War of the Lions
Ys Seven
Jeanne D'Arc
Crisis Core: FFVII
Yggdra Union
Valkyrie Profile: Lenneth

I am so happy--I bust out my PSP nearly every time I get some down time at my desk at work. I've been wanting to play/replay these games for so long, yet I always felt like I was squandering my time loading up a PSX game at home--now having it on-the-go, in handheld form, gives me the perfect opportunity to enjoy these timeless classics--and boy are these games absolutely amazing! All these years later Grandia and Lunar are still in my top 5 favorite RPGs of all time.

Top Bottom