Author Topic: What Are You Playing?  (Read 425480 times)

Offline SaiyajinNoOuji

• Of the Abyss
  • I'm still better than you
Re: What Are You Playing?
« Reply #1400 on: April 10, 2012, 04:55:02 AM »
Magic the Gathering: Duel of planeswalkers 2012 on Steam. Come at me brosefs.  :daiba:
"Plenty of time to sleep when you're dead!"

Offline Aazealh

• 髑髏の騎士
  • Administrator
  • Of Terror
  • そうはいかぬ
« Reply #1401 on: April 14, 2012, 09:47:11 PM »
Pandora's Tower. It's pretty neat.

Offline IncantatioN

• Falconian
  • Of the Abyss
« Reply #1402 on: April 15, 2012, 03:41:26 AM »
An hour's worth of kicking butt, teamed with Turkitage in Scramble matches on Street Fighter x Tekken. We won every match except for the last one and I signed off cos I have an early start tomorrow morning.
At the end of time, a moment will come when just one man remains. Then the moment will pass. Man will be gone. There will be nothing to show that we were ever here... but stardust.

Offline SaiyajinNoOuji

• Of the Abyss
« Reply #1403 on: April 15, 2012, 09:51:10 AM »
Legend of Grimrock and Realm of the Mad God.... waaaaay too many games... not enough time.  :judo:

Offline Lukis

« Reply #1404 on: April 17, 2012, 05:54:34 PM »
Lineage 2 when have more free time,trying to finish ME3,and started GTA IV again for 4th time

Offline BerserkMJM

« Reply #1405 on: April 17, 2012, 06:32:52 PM »
Suikoden V and the first Disgaea are splitting my time right now.

Offline Oburi

• Falconian
  • Of the Abyss
  • All praise Grail
« Reply #1406 on: April 17, 2012, 07:37:21 PM »
Suikoden V and the first Disgaea are splitting my time right now.

Nice.

You know it sucks how I try to play all these games. I have trouble finishing them because I don't have enough time and then another game comes out that I don't want to miss so I just get caught in this vicious cycle. I hate not finishing games.
« Last Edit: April 17, 2012, 09:58:27 PM by Oburi »

Offline frankencowx

« Reply #1407 on: April 18, 2012, 11:07:16 AM »
Nice.

You know it sucks how I try to play all these games. I have trouble finishing them because I don't have enough time and then another game comes out that I don't want to miss so I just get caught in this vicious cycle. I hate not finishing games.

I hear you. My backlog has become a great eye wreathed in flame, ever watchful...

Offline IncantatioN

• Falconian
  • Of the Abyss
« Reply #1408 on: April 18, 2012, 01:23:59 PM »
Final Fantasy 13 for PS3. It's a little easy so far but who knows!
At the end of time, a moment will come when just one man remains. Then the moment will pass. Man will be gone. There will be nothing to show that we were ever here... but stardust.

Offline Breed1Ghost

« Reply #1409 on: April 23, 2012, 09:56:44 PM »
Started playing Persona 3 for the first time. Its not to bad but  4 stole so much from 3 it makes me sad  :judo:

Offline Slime_Beherit

• スライム狂戦士
  • Falconian
  • Of the Interstice
  • [FIGHT][SPELL] [SACRIFICE][ITEM]
« Reply #1410 on: April 24, 2012, 01:45:06 AM »
Started playing Persona 3 for the first time. Its not to bad but  4 stole so much from 3 it makes me sad  :judo:

I was about to buy P3 as well. Being that i played P4 first, I do wonder if i would find P3 mechanically inferior. Though I don't understand how you would find that a sequel to game iterating on its predecessor sad? Is the story too similar?

Offline Dar Klink

• Falconian
  • Of the Vortex
  • Last Guardian when? - CyberKlink 20XX before dying
« Reply #1411 on: April 24, 2012, 09:25:15 AM »
I was about to buy P3 as well. Being that i played P4 first, I do wonder if i would find P3 mechanically inferior. Though I don't understand how you would find that a sequel to game iterating on its predecessor sad? Is the story too similar?
I think he means gameplaywise? As in P4 improved a lot of P3's gameplay, so it makes it harder to play P3. The stories are extremely different in setting and mood.

Offline Slime_Beherit

• スライム狂戦士
  • Falconian
  • Of the Interstice
« Reply #1412 on: April 24, 2012, 01:10:07 PM »
I think he means gameplaywise? As in P4 improved a lot of P3's gameplay, so it makes it harder to play P3. The stories are extremely different in setting and mood.

The use of stole threw me off. I probably will still play it in preparation for P4: Arena. I don't know a 3rd of the roster. Really don't know why it's called Persona 4: Arena

Offline SuperVegetto

« Reply #1413 on: April 24, 2012, 01:18:35 PM »
I'm off to play more Stronghold Crusader campaign now.
I love strategy games (although some other aspects have to be decent ) since it takes intelligence for it and I love making up plans.

Offline Breed1Ghost

« Reply #1414 on: April 26, 2012, 07:44:45 PM »
I'm sorry I ment that I was sad that 4 stole alot from 3 meaning I feel after playing 3 for a while that 4 is basicly 3 with new paint and story but nothing really changed from 3.

I like P3 but I find it harder to like the other charecters in 3 more then i did in 4. 4 improved some things then 3 but it is basicly the same game, so far the only things i like better in 4 are the npcs/pcs are more likeable and that you can controll all charecters in battle. I dont know why but 3 wont let you directly controll all of the pcs in battle i get frustraited not being able to.

After you start playing P3 if you played 4 first you will see what I mean right away. Oh an I am wating for P4 Arena also looks fun as hell.

Offline SaiyajinNoOuji

• Of the Abyss
« Reply #1415 on: April 29, 2012, 10:01:54 AM »
World of Battles via steam! Nice little team RTS! Its a micro transaction game but oh so fun =3 its also free to play!  :carcus:

Offline Slime_Beherit

• スライム狂戦士
  • Falconian
  • Of the Interstice
« Reply #1416 on: April 29, 2012, 04:28:00 PM »
I dont know why but 3 wont let you directly controll all of the pcs in battle i get frustraited not being able to.

Just lost 2 hours of progress because one of my team members refused to use the skill the enemy was weak against... I dunno if I'll pick it up again.

I should've picked up Fez instead of FES, anyone here playing Fez?

Offline Breed1Ghost

« Reply #1417 on: April 29, 2012, 05:23:06 PM »
Just lost 2 hours of progress because one of my team members refused to use the skill the enemy was weak against... I dunno if I'll pick it up again.

I should've picked up Fez instead of FES, anyone here playing Fez?

I'm sorry to hear that. I wouldn't not play it after that tho its still worth it i have lost more time then that I also look at it as doing things differently if I wanted to do something different or spend my time with a different person instead.

Offline Draculoid

• Chapter ≠ Episode
  • Of the Interstice
« Reply #1418 on: April 29, 2012, 08:48:04 PM »
My PS3 stopped reading discs a few weeks ago but I can't complain too much, I got one of the first issued :/. Now I'm home for the summer and dusted off the Wii. Though I don't really have many games now my friend was nice enough to bring me Super Mario Galaxy 2, Madworld, Super Paper Mario, Resident Evil 4 Wii Edition, Donkey Kong Country Returns and Metroid Other M.

Played quite a bit of Madworld and it's quite ridiculous. Gameplay wasn't really anything to write home about and the dialogue can get repetitive but it kept my interest for quite awhile until I switched over to Galaxy 2 which is great. Looks like I'm going to be having a pretty Wii filled summer.
Where did I go wrong? Iíve got a sneaking suspicion it ainít over. A kindred connivance, Iím ripped and in ruins

Offline Johnstantine

« Reply #1419 on: May 02, 2012, 06:11:34 PM »
Playing Wind Waker. Loving it so far (just got the Master Sword).

Offline Groovy Metal Fist

« Reply #1420 on: May 07, 2012, 12:03:00 AM »
I started playing Arkham Asylum this weekend (the 360 version which I bought months ago but never opened). It's pretty awesome so far. I just got to the part where I locked up Harley Quinn

Offline Oburi

• Falconian
  • Of the Abyss
  • All praise Grail
« Reply #1421 on: May 07, 2012, 12:09:58 AM »
I started playing Arkham Asylum this weekend (the 360 version which I bought months ago but never opened). It's pretty awesome so far. I just got to the part where I locked up Harley Quinn

Damn dude, your way behind.  :guts: it is a great game though.

Offline RyoGTO

« Reply #1422 on: May 08, 2012, 06:27:23 PM »
I picked up a mint condition PSP-3001 for 55 bucks with a case and all--and started playing Suikoden and (replaying) Grandia & Lunar.

I also purchased a ton more old school PSX RPGs + PSP remakes, etc:

Chrono Cross
Xenogears
Breath of Fire IV
Legend of the Dragoon
FF Tactics: War of the Lions
Ys Seven
Jeanne D'Arc
Crisis Core: FFVII
Yggdra Union
Valkyrie Profile: Lenneth

I am so happy--I bust out my PSP nearly every time I get some down time at my desk at work. I've been wanting to play/replay these games for so long, yet I always felt like I was squandering my time loading up a PSX game at home--now having it on-the-go, in handheld form, gives me the perfect opportunity to enjoy these timeless classics--and boy are these games absolutely amazing!  All these years later Grandia and Lunar are still in my top 5 favorite RPGs of all time.

« Last Edit: May 09, 2012, 01:24:18 AM by RyoGTO »

Offline Oburi

• Falconian
  • Of the Abyss
  • All praise Grail
« Reply #1423 on: May 08, 2012, 07:39:29 PM »
Nice score dude! Suikoden is my favorite childhood game behind only its sequel.

Offline RyoGTO

« Reply #1424 on: May 09, 2012, 01:24:47 AM »
Nice score dude! Suikoden is my favorite childhood game behind only its sequel.

Yeah--I really wish they would add Suikoden II to PSN--I'd buy it in a heartbeat.