What Are You Playing?

Dar_Klink

Last Guardian when? - CyberKlink 20XX before dying
Oh cool! I started playing Suikoden as well, kinda stopped for about a week for no real reason. I got to the part where you
finally get the castle
. I was really enjoying it and think I'll pick it back up soon. :guts:

SaiyajinNoOuji

I'm still better than you
Dar Klink said:
Oh cool! I started playing Suikoden as well, kinda stopped for about a week for no real reason. I got to the part where you
finally get the castle
. I was really enjoying it and think I'll pick it back up soon. :guts:

That game is a classic. I would like a HD remake with higher textures... for the PC! :carcus:

I was thinking of getting the remake of Wander's from Y's on Steam... looks fun!

I bought Y's Oath in Felghana yesterday from Steam and it's pretty amazing,maybe I should get other series too when I finish this one up

Just finished Suikoden with all 108 stars. Now I can dedicate my PSP RPG time fully to Grandia -- and OMG how amazing Grandia still is all these years later... It is sad they just don't make games like this anymore. So much attention to detail; I have no gripes about this game at all. For some reason a lot of games unfortunately feel like nothing more than "something to do" these days--but Grandia is actually fun and highly enjoyable, such an old title, yet so refreshing simultaneously.

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
RyoGTO said:
Just finished Suikoden with all 108 stars. Now I can dedicate my PSP RPG time fully to Grandia -- and OMG how amazing Grandia still is all these years later... It is sad they just don't make games like this anymore. So much attention to detail; I have no gripes about this game at all. For some reason a lot of games unfortunately feel like nothing more than "something to do" these days--but Grandia is actually fun and highly enjoyable, such an old title, yet so refreshing simultaneously.
I liked Grandia a lot, but the voice acting almost killed me. It's right up there with Resident Evil in terms of hilariously bad performances. But that amazing combat system more than makes up for it. It's one of the best in any RPG I've played.

Max Payne 3,havent completed it,but so far it's been so amazing with Paynes emo one-liners,dark atmosphere and awesome bullet time,its sickens me :troll:
Just amazing game...

Walter said:
I liked Grandia a lot, but the voice acting almost killed me. It's right up there with Resident Evil in terms of hilariously bad performances. But that amazing combat system more than makes up for it. It's one of the best in any RPG I've played.

Haha, it's as you said; the voice acting is horrendous most of the time... but the game is still so good that I can easily overlook it, as the highlights far outweigh the silly voice acting. The battle system is indeed great--so fun! I love turn based RPGs, and they really made an entertaining turn based system with this. And even though some of the character's voice actors are not even trying, the characters are still pretty darn enjoyable, and the story/world is thoroughly fun to play through.

Oburi

All praise Grail
Lukis said:
Max Payne 3,havent completed it,but so far it's been so amazing with Paynes emo one-liners,dark atmosphere and awesome bullet time,its sickens me :troll:
Just amazing game...

Nice! Thought I was the only one who is more excited about Max Payne than Diablo. I got it yesterday but haven't started playing yet.

I did try Soul Calibur 5 finally. It sucks. Huge disappointment.

I was waiting for Max Payne 3 since..well forever :D,Diablo III,nah ..also read that there's huge bug which kicks you out of game and doesnt let you go back,it was when Templar class was trying to wield shield or something :troll: ..played Max Payne a bit more,its always funny when white people greets his white buddy "Fabio,my Nigga!"

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
Lukis said:
I was waiting for Max Payne 3 since..well forever :D,
Max Payne 3 will be great, and has been one of my most anticipated games of the year, but... why are you guys playing it on consoles? :void:

Diablo III,nah ..also read that there's huge bug which kicks you out of game and doesnt let you go back,it was when Templar class was tying to wield shield or something :troll:
Launch day bugs ... in a Blizzard game?! :troll: It's true that the servers have been clogged since launch, but that's no surprise at all. Not too many bugs, really. I'm at level 15.

Walter said:
Max Payne 3 will be great, and has been one of my most anticipated games of the year, but... why are you guys playing it on consoles? :void:
Launch day bugs ... in a Blizzard game?! :troll: It's true that the servers have been clogged since launch, but that's no surprise at all. Not too many bugs, really. I'm at level 15.
http://www.vg247.com/2012/05/15/diablo-iii-blizzard-looking-into-game-breaking-error-3006/comment-page-1/ ...Max Payne 3 is supposed to be played at its best and personally my PC cant do that,so i went with Xbox for this one,i'll let my pc hold all mmorpgs

Walter said:

I mean all you need is a 3 GHz hexacore processore, 16GB of RAM, and an Nvidia GTX680 to max out this game. Rockstar has always been great at PC optimization.

I'll consider getting a copy after I've custom built a high powered machine. Even though I can run Skyrim on High and Dragon Age: Origins on max, I can't run GTA4 at all and I have to put GTA: San Andreas on medium-low settings on a lower resolution.

Griffith

With the streak of a tear, Like morning dew
Groovy Metal Fist said:
I mean all you need is a 3 GHz hexacore processore, 16GB of RAM, and an Nvidia GTX680 to max out this game.

Walter: "So, what's the problem? :badbone:"

Groovy Metal Fist said:
Rockstar has always been great at PC optimization.

I'll consider getting a copy after I've custom built a high powered machine. Even though I can run Skyrim on High and Dragon Age: Origins on max, I can't run GTA4 at all and I have to put GTA: San Andreas on medium-low settings on a lower resolution.

Wow, I'm probably lucky San Andreas ran on my old machine at all. GTA3 is still the best, anyway. :iva:

Oh, and I'm spending way too much time playing Diablo III.

Dar_Klink

Last Guardian when? - CyberKlink 20XX before dying
Groovy Metal Fist said:
I mean all you need is a 3 GHz hexacore processore, 16GB of RAM, and an Nvidia GTX680 to max out this game. Rockstar has always been great at PC optimization.

I thought San Andrease was known for being able to run on a toaster basically, although I know GTA4 has problems. It's not like Skyrim and Dragon Age are exactly good examples though, they're pretty much straight console ports aren't they? They're not gonna have high requirements even for maxed out settings.

Dar Klink said:
I thought San Andrease was known for being able to run on a toaster basically, although I know GTA4 has problems. It's not like Skyrim and Dragon Age are exactly good examples though, they're pretty much straight console ports aren't they? They're not gonna have high requirements even for maxed out settings.

A few flaws with that statement. The term 'console port' implies poor optimization and thus massive resource hog. Secondly, it's the console version of Dragon Age: Origins that reviewers called the port. The PC version looked and played better. As for Skyrim, the fact that it needs to take 4 cores into account would lead me to think otherwise.

I picked Skyrim and DA: O because I considered them to be overall excellent looking games.

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
Groovy Metal Fist said:
The term 'console port' implies poor optimization and thus massive resource hog.

It just implies that the game was primarily developed on a console and then adapted to the PC.

Just finished Madworld and Super Mario Galaxy 2 (still missing a few green stars) and now I've started Resident Evil 4 Wii edition and Super Paper Mario. Thinking about picking up Diablo 3 in the next few days....

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
SuperVegetto said:
I'm into DotA a lot lately. Does anyone else here play it? Is there a thread for it in this forum?
Original DotA or DOTA2? I've been playing the DOTA2 beta for a bit—mostly still learning all the mechanics/characters. But Diablo 3 currently has me sidetracked.

Walter said:
Original DotA or DOTA2? I've been playing the DOTA2 beta for a bit—mostly still learning all the mechanics/characters. But Diablo 3 currently has me sidetracked.

Original DotA
Never played DOTA2, which is better?

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
SuperVegetto said:
Original DotA
Never played DOTA2, which is better?
I've got no basis for comparison, since I started learning with DOTA2. DOTA 2 certainly looks better, though they pretty much function the same. But since it's a game Valve has been actively working on for the past 2 years, as opposed to a purely community effort, I'm going to say DOTA2 is probably the better game.

Top Bottom