What Are You Playing?

The Beast of Darkness said:
Well, I've been playing RE6 for few days... Almost finished Leon campaign and it's very far from being mediocre. It's much better than RE5, in my opinion.
I enjoyed RE5 a lot when it first came out, I haven't tried 6 yet. I don't know why there has always been so much favoritism towards Leon, this I have seen numerous times. (With Resident Evil fans) I honestly prefer Chris Redfield. Chris originating from the first game and Leon from the second.

In terms of the story I am curious where they are taking it. Resident Evil has became a lot less scary from what I remember as a youngster. I'm curious to know if Wesker is still alive, the end of RE5 it seemed like he was done for. I wouldn't be able to picture the series without Wesker.

Grail

Feel the funk blast
Rhombaad said:
I'm most of the way through Act 1, and I don't think it's a shiftfest at all. It's not a 1:1 copy of Diablo, but it's a lot of fun to play, and I'm enjoying the hell out of it (no pun intended).
Diablo 2 has an odd mix of elements that make it (imo) incredibly fun to play. Act 1 is one of the most engaging for me because it emulates a lot of the dreariness of the original game. That was where Diablo 3 could have stood to be closer to the original, if you ask me: not grungy enough! Still recommend it, of course. :ganishka:

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
The Beast of Darkness said:
Well, I've been playing RE6 for few days... Almost finished Leon campaign and it's very far from being mediocre. It's much better than RE5, in my opinion.

Well that's good to know. I'm sure I'll give it a shot eventually.

Th3Branded0ne

I'll be back.
Icelin said:
I enjoyed RE5 a lot when it first came out, I haven't tried 6 yet. I don't know why there has always been so much favoritism towards Leon, this I have seen numerous times. (With Resident Evil fans) I honestly prefer Chris Redfield. Chris originating from the first game and Leon from the second.

In terms of the story I am curious where they are taking it. Resident Evil has became a lot less scary from what I remember as a youngster. I'm curious to know if Wesker is still alive, the end of RE5 it seemed like he was done for. I wouldn't be able to picture the series without Wesker.
I am a Leon fan too, if you played RE 2 and 4 he is way more involved than Chris. Heck I even like Clair more than Chris.
I just finished Leon's Campaign. It has a RE4 feel to it, as it always has with Leon, women are his troubles. I liked his campaign. Started Chris' campaign, this one feels like a shooter since you have all those BSAA agents with you. I"m glad the game has 3 different endings.

I cheated, I rented the game :carcus:

Before playing the Dark souls DLC I played through The Unfinished Swan. For those who enjoy short little experience games it was a lot of fun! Though short I would justify it as providing a lot more entertainment than your average movie. As you play through it has a fairly heartwarming feel and I actually found the end quite touching. Definitely recommend it.

Sorry to double post but it seems like people haven't been up to a lot of gaming lately ....

Downloaded Tokyo Jungle and Okami HD and both games have been a blast. Tokyo Jungle really surprised me and there is alto more content then I originally thought, the survival missions you play to unlock the story missions just take forever. If you are down for good 2 hour sessions that could end at any moment frantically trying to get form place to place in a time frame to get a highscore, this games great ! It definitely isn't for everyone but I definitely am having a lot of fun with it and it is very original to say the least.

Okami HD on the other hand is a fantastic game! I never played any of its predecessors and I'm starting to see what all the buzz was about. Such a magical and heartwarming game and just screams Zelda constantly (In a good way).

Saephon

Die young and save yourself
So now that it's been a year since Skyrim came out, I decided to go back and see if mods have made the game playable/fun. :troll:

But seriously, I've felt "meh" about Elder Scrolls games since Morrowind, so before I give up and reinstall that game for the 59th time, I'm trying out a more hardcore, exploration-based playthrough of Skyrim. Basically I've got a hunger/sleep/warmth system installed, no fast travel allowed, and the ability to craft and stake out campsites anywhere I want. I plan on taking my time on foot and horse, and struggling to survive with no real desire to advance the main quest. If there's one thing Bethesda does do right, it's making a nice sandbox. It also looks there are some really nice UI and game design mods available now, so hopefully that improves the game's quality of life for PC.

Once my guy dies, I'll be back to Dark Souls or Morrowind. :badbone:

Oburi

All praise Grail
Anyone else playing Halo 4? I must admit it's really impressive. First off, it looks like how I imagine a next gen game would look. The graphics are unbelievably gorgeous. You really just have to play through the campaign and see it for yourself. Very impressive. It also has what I guess I'd call the most perfect HUD. You really feel like your wearing the master chief's helmet and seeing all the little items that pop up throughout. Visually the game is flawless. The sound and music are also great but I did notice a few changes that didn't sound like old Halo to me, like the warthog for example. The engine sounds much too small compared to the other games. Feels like I'm revving a dirt bike or something.

My only complaint would be some of the directions they took with the campaign. I don't care for the new enemies all that much nor their weapons and technology. It's interesting I guess but not nearly as fun as when fighting the covenant (which is still just as exciting after all the games). The game does introduce a main villain that we haven't seen before which i really appreciated, but then he hardly gets enough actual gameplay interaction. It's just a few cutscenes. I think they really missed a good opportunity there.

Overall though the game is really a great experience. The multiplayer hasn't skipped a beat either. Halo remains the most fun online fps, in my eyes. Just from playing the last few days I've seen and done things in multiplayer battles that would be damn near impossible to ever see or do again, and that's really what keeps it so exciting.

I've played through the campaign on co-op with a friend on normal difficulty and I'm now going back and doing it by myself on legendary. It's actually pretty challenging too.

Oburi

All praise Grail
Playing Lego Lord Of The Rings. It's a lot fun and maybe my favorite lego game after Star Wars. Its basically of condensed version of all three movies. All the dialog, sfx and music is straight from the movies too. It's pretty cool and even being a kids game it has a shit ton of secrets and unlockables that will take a long time to finish. So it still presents a challenge. Plus co-op.

Picked up Catherine on Xbox 360 when it was on sale a few weeks ago. Just started playing it last night. Really like the ambience and the story. The game play is interesting but some of the levels you have you running so fast, you don't really have enough time to think or strategize. I just had to watch a walkthrough, 5 seconds at a time, in order to beat the boss of stage 4. It is soo hard and I lost patience. Still really enjoying the game however.

Assassin's Creed III ,been playing for a week and immensely enjoying it,also picked up Hitman: Absolution but that will follow only after I finish AC: III ..also tried out ne DmC demo,it was pretty fun and I might even buy it when it releases

Oburi

All praise Grail
I will be picking up Hitman Absolution later today. I'm really curious about the game seeing as how it's got some amazing reviews but also a lot of people saying it's disappointing. Guess I'll see for myself soon enough.

Also I wanted to play the DMC demo but I don't have enough space on my hard drive :mozgus: Damn Halo 4 with it's multiplayer installed and Waypoint is like 8 gigs.

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
Assassin's Creed 3. I'm a big fan of the series, and I've been enjoying this one quite a bit, but the game starts off at a pretty slow pace. The game is absolutely gorgeous, but there is quite a bit of slowdown when in large towns on PC with AMD cards. Hopefully will be patched soon, so I'm probably taking a break from it until that happens.

Breed1Ghost said:
Will be playing Maxpayne 3 soon

Max Payne 3 was great imo, immediately upon beating it I was surfing through youtube watching Max Payne quote collections, theres hundreds of 'em, Max is even more miserable than Guts himself xD I had a constant a shit eating grin on my face the whole way through, cool mix of hilarious/badass sarcasm/irony etc... Seriously this is one awesome franchise, wonder if there´ll be anymore, I wouldnt mind if there wont, quality before quantity I say, would probably just get repeatative, its a wonder how good it worked out in this one.

Also the OST by Health is amazing, have used it as background music to lots of comics and manga :serpico:

Oh and I finally got around to start on Arkham City, boy this game is so much bigger than the prequel... Sorry, theres nothing really "new" on the video game shelf atm.

^Yeah man, the actual ending scene was effing epic and a truly in a traditional Walking Dead way. But I wasnt entirely happy with that weird mood inbetween the dramatic parts (had the whole gang).

Intentional or not, I really liked the way they left you the choice to pay tribute to the comic (sorry for being vague, trying not to give any spoilers...)

The tv show creators should really take the chance to learn a thing or two here :carcus:

Going back old school lately. Been play'n team fortress 2, counter strike source, portal 2, half-life 1, and little world of Warcraft. - wow is getting lame :(

Th3Branded0ne

I'll be back.
Beat Residen Evil yesterday, had not played it since it came out. Still the mansion is by far my favorite setting. Cheesey acting makes it even more nostalgic to hear them again.

Top Bottom