What Are You Playing?

TheBranded1 said:
Beat Residen Evil yesterday, had not played it since it came out. Still the mansion is by far my favorite setting. Cheesey acting makes it even more nostalgic to hear them again.

Fuckin AY! :guts: That must´ve been one epic play-through. PS1 or remake? Anyway you´re spot-on about the cheesy acting making the nostalgic factor all the more pleasent..

Viral Harvest

Every Knee Bent Too Shall Break
Hanma_Baki said:
Fuckin AY! :guts: That must´ve been one epic play-through. PS1 or remake? Anyway you´re spot-on about the cheesy acting making the nostalgic factor all the more pleasent..

"Jill, here's a lockpick. It would be handy if YOU, the master of unlocking, take it with you."

"You were almost a (inappropriate chuckle) Jill sandwich!"

I could play the original PS1 game all day. I remember getting that back in '94 when I was 9 years old and had to return it because it was giving me nightmares. I opted to get Super Mario RPG instead. I re-purchased RE two years later though, no problem haha.

Oburi

All praise Grail
Played a few hours in Hitman: Absolution. Absolutely amazing! I want to get further before I say too much but it's incredible fun so far. There's so many different ways to go about each level and I found myself replaying the levels during the campaign because they are just so interesting. :guts:

Saephon

Die young and save yourself
Playing Persona 4 on PS2 for the first time. (Yeah, I know there's a remake for vita...Not a big fan of Sony handhelds. :puck:) My experience with the series is quite limited, but I get the feeling it's right up my alley if I can just get into it.

Also: any time Super Mario RPG gets mentioned, I immediately want to drop what I'm doing and play it. Or at least listen to Geno's Forest theme...

Rhombaad

Video Game Time Traveler
I beat Diablo II last night, but when I installed the expansion, Lord of Destruction, it deleted my character. I was so pissed at the prospect of starting over to get to Act V's content that I called it quits and started playing Final Fantasy VI, which I downloaded to my PS3 off the PSN.

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
Rhombaad said:
I beat Diablo II last night, but when I installed the expansion, Lord of Destruction, it deleted my character.
That's ... weird. As I recall, while the two versions of the game aren't compatible, once you install LoD, a separate executable is created. So you have vanilla Diablo 2, and Lords of Destruction. Try finding diablo2.exe or maybe it's d2.exe. Should be in the same directory as Lod.exe. Run d2 and see if your character is in that version of the game.

I was so pissed at the prospect of starting over to get to Act V's content that I called it quits and started playing Final Fantasy VI, which I downloaded to my PS3 off the PSN.
Not a bad choice :carcus:

Rhombaad

Video Game Time Traveler
Walter said:
That's ... weird. As I recall, while the two versions of the game aren't compatible, once you install LoD, a separate executable is created. So you have vanilla Diablo 2, and Lords of Destruction. Try finding diablo2.exe or maybe it's d2.exe. Should be in the same directory as Lod.exe. Run d2 and see if your character is in that version of the game.

I agree. I looked around for about 30 minutes to see if anyone else had encountered this issue and if they'd found a solution, to no avail. I'll give your recommendation a shot sometime this weekend.

Walter said:
Not a bad choice :carcus:

Thank you. :serpico: I've played it before, but not all the way through, so I'm excited to do that for the first time.

Finished Okami and downloaded Super Startdust HD and Sine Mora. Definitely spending more time on Sine Mora which is hard as hell but they are both pretty fun. Really pleasantly surprised with Sine Mora for the genre of game. The universe and story as well as the voice acting is all surprisingly clever and they definitely put a little effort into it considering you'd usually expect almost nothing.

Been playing Max Payne 3, amazing game. It's very addicting once you start playing it, definitely a high replay value for this game. It was on sale when I purchased it, $40 off, but i'd say it's still worth the $60 price tag, haha. :iva: I also finished playing Super Metroid on my phone, sadly though, I didn't get all the missiles. I think I would have drove myself crazy trying to look for all 230 (I think?), you really don't need them all anyways.

Rhombaad

Video Game Time Traveler
Walter said:

It looks like the LoD install overrode the original executable file. My save file is gone from the Saves folder, too. Ugh. Oh, well. Back to Final Fantasy VI!

MrWeatherby

What's up, ketchup?
I am still slowly going through Assassin's Creed 3. Honestly not all that engrossed by it, which is a shame because I love the setting. I was hoping it'd be on par or better than Brotherhood, but I'm starting to think I'm setting my expectations too high.

edit:

I have been doubling this with Xcom: Enemy Unknown, trying to get through my Classic Mode playthrough. I think that might be my favorite game of the year.

Playing Silent Hill 2 for the first time in nearly a decade. I'm trying to pump myself full of Horror (so if anyone can suggest really scary horror games I'm all ears). And SH2 is definitely doing that. I had forgotten how awesome the game is after
you leave the hospital and the notes/messages become aimed at James specifically. Also the prison is amazing . . . So creepy.

Wyrm

HEMA
Going for plat on Dark Souls;
Fireing away on Borderlands 2;
Unfortunatelly I reached an age where I spend more time buying games than playing them... :sad:

I finally got Red Dead Redemption GOTY and started playing it ...and it's amazing ..damn R* ,they knowhow to make games ..can't w8 for GTA V too. Finished AC:III game wasnt bad,I kinda liked sea fights,but ending of this saga mas a bit meh ,i wonder what we will see in AC4. Also does anyone have MGS HD collection Limited Edition? I wonder what's the size of that t-shirt which comes with games,since Im planning on getting it ,since it would be a bit better than buying Peace Walker and MSG 2,MGS3 seperatly.And that t-shirt :carcus:

Top Bottom