Author Topic: What Are You Playing?  (Read 433447 times)

Offline Hanma_Baki

Re: What Are You Playing?
« Reply #1550 on: November 25, 2012, 07:21:04 PM »

Beat Residen Evil yesterday, had not played it since it came out. Still the mansion is by far my favorite setting. Cheesey acting makes it even more nostalgic to hear them again.

Fuckin AY!  :guts: That must´ve been one epic play-through. PS1 or remake? Anyway you´re spot-on about the cheesy acting making the nostalgic factor all the more pleasent..

Offline Viral Harvest

• Of the Interstice
  • Every Knee Bent Too Shall Break
« Reply #1551 on: November 26, 2012, 10:11:21 PM »
Fuckin AY!  :guts: That must´ve been one epic play-through. PS1 or remake? Anyway you´re spot-on about the cheesy acting making the nostalgic factor all the more pleasent..

"Jill, here's a lockpick. It would be handy if YOU, the master of unlocking, take it with you."

"You were almost a (inappropriate chuckle) Jill sandwich!"

I could play the original PS1 game all day. I remember getting that back in '94 when I was 9 years old and had to return it because it was giving me nightmares. I opted to get Super Mario RPG instead. I re-purchased RE two years later though, no problem haha.
"If I could strike one blow to spite their force, though I might bear one hundred more, I would wear the welts like rubies, and the shackles for a crown. And if I had one hundred hearts I would throw them all before their bullets before I'd sell a single one to wield their power. So lest we fall out of love with life, let us give all we have to give - for only a fool would cling to this world."

Offline Oburi

• Falconian
  • Of the Abyss
  • All praise Grail
« Reply #1552 on: November 27, 2012, 12:40:32 AM »
Played a few hours in Hitman: Absolution. Absolutely amazing! I want to get further before I say too much but it's incredible fun so far. There's so many different ways to go about each level and I found myself replaying the levels during the campaign because they are just so interesting.  :guts:

Offline Saephon

• Of the Interstice
  • Die young and save yourself
« Reply #1553 on: November 27, 2012, 12:43:10 AM »
Playing Persona 4 on PS2 for the first time. (Yeah, I know there's a remake for vita...Not a big fan of Sony handhelds.  :puck:) My experience with the series is quite limited, but I get the feeling it's right up my alley if I can just get into it.

Also: any time Super Mario RPG gets mentioned, I immediately want to drop what I'm doing and play it. Or at least listen to Geno's Forest theme...
Saephon:  Being tired of your disingenuous assertions since 2183.

Offline TheBranded1

• The Terminator
  • Of the Vortex
  • I'll be back.
« Reply #1554 on: November 27, 2012, 02:46:31 AM »

On my psp :carcus:

Offline Rhombaad

• Old Fart in Training
  • Falconian
  • Of the Abyss
« Reply #1555 on: November 30, 2012, 09:09:50 PM »
I beat Diablo II last night, but when I installed the expansion, Lord of Destruction, it deleted my character. I was so pissed at the prospect of starting over to get to Act V's content that I called it quits and started playing Final Fantasy VI, which I downloaded to my PS3 off the PSN.

Offline Walter

• 賢者
  • Administrator
  • Of Terror
  • Chapter ≠ Episode
« Reply #1556 on: November 30, 2012, 09:14:15 PM »
I beat Diablo II last night, but when I installed the expansion, Lord of Destruction, it deleted my character.
That's ... weird. As I recall, while the two versions of the game aren't compatible, once you install LoD, a separate executable is created. So you have vanilla Diablo 2, and Lords of Destruction. Try finding diablo2.exe or maybe it's d2.exe. Should be in the same directory as Lod.exe. Run d2 and see if your character is in that version of the game.

I was so pissed at the prospect of starting over to get to Act V's content that I called it quits and started playing Final Fantasy VI, which I downloaded to my PS3 off the PSN.
Not a bad choice  :carcus:
:femto: :slan: :ubik:

Offline Rhombaad

• Old Fart in Training
  • Falconian
  • Of the Abyss
« Reply #1557 on: November 30, 2012, 10:12:07 PM »
That's ... weird. As I recall, while the two versions of the game aren't compatible, once you install LoD, a separate executable is created. So you have vanilla Diablo 2, and Lords of Destruction. Try finding diablo2.exe or maybe it's d2.exe. Should be in the same directory as Lod.exe. Run d2 and see if your character is in that version of the game.

I agree. I looked around for about 30 minutes to see if anyone else had encountered this issue and if they'd found a solution, to no avail. I'll give your recommendation a shot sometime this weekend.

Not a bad choice  :carcus:

Thank you. :serpico: I've played it before, but not all the way through, so I'm excited to do that for the first time.

Offline Johnstantine

« Reply #1558 on: November 30, 2012, 10:59:44 PM »
Giving the hero mode on Skyward Sword a go.

Offline Walter

• 賢者
  • Administrator
  • Of Terror
  • Chapter ≠ Episode
« Reply #1559 on: November 30, 2012, 11:55:47 PM »
Super Mario World on wii virtual console and Cargo Commander on PC.

Offline Breed1Ghost

« Reply #1560 on: December 04, 2012, 12:40:34 AM »
Randomly got Skylanders giants. Never played the first...It would be awesome if you could battle online but it being a kiddie game its not to bad.

Offline Draculoid

• Chapter ≠ Episode
  • Of the Interstice
« Reply #1561 on: December 04, 2012, 02:29:59 AM »
Finished Okami and downloaded Super Startdust HD and Sine Mora. Definitely spending more time on Sine Mora which is hard as hell but they are both pretty fun. Really pleasantly surprised with Sine Mora for the genre of game. The universe and story as well as the voice acting is all surprisingly clever and they definitely put a little effort into it considering you'd usually expect almost nothing.
Where did I go wrong? I’ve got a sneaking suspicion it ain’t over. A kindred connivance, I’m ripped and in ruins

Offline slan69

« Reply #1562 on: December 05, 2012, 07:52:24 AM »
Been playing Max Payne 3, amazing game. It's very addicting once you start playing it, definitely a high replay value for this game. It was on sale when I purchased it, $40 off, but i'd say it's still worth the $60 price tag, haha. :iva: I also finished playing Super Metroid on my phone, sadly though, I didn't get all the missiles. I think I would have drove myself crazy trying to look for all 230 (I think?), you really don't need them all anyways.
Quote -

Love, hate, pain, pleasure, life, death. Everything is there… This is human... This is demonic!

~Slan~

Offline Walter

• 賢者
  • Administrator
  • Of Terror
  • Chapter ≠ Episode
« Reply #1563 on: December 05, 2012, 08:30:43 AM »
I also finished playing Super Metroid on my phone, sadly.
:isidro:

youtube.com/watch?v=wKiIroiCvZ0

Offline slan69

« Reply #1564 on: December 06, 2012, 12:20:21 AM »
:isidro:

youtube.com/watch?v=wKiIroiCvZ0

Hahaha, don't worry, I do have the original cartridge for SNES as well and I plan to play it again. If it helps, I played it on a Samsung Galaxy S III. :carcus:
Quote -

Love, hate, pain, pleasure, life, death. Everything is there… This is human... This is demonic!

~Slan~

Offline ZODDOII

« Reply #1565 on: December 06, 2012, 06:28:38 AM »
Playing Dishonored on xbox360, That world view is really spectacular, dark but fun   :rakshas:

Offline Rhombaad

• Old Fart in Training
  • Falconian
  • Of the Abyss
« Reply #1566 on: December 09, 2012, 01:15:56 AM »

It looks like the LoD install overrode the original executable file. My save file is gone from the Saves folder, too. Ugh. Oh, well. Back to Final Fantasy VI!

Offline MrWeatherby

• Of the Interstice
  • What's up, ketchup?
« Reply #1567 on: December 10, 2012, 05:14:32 AM »
I am still slowly going through Assassin's Creed 3. Honestly not all that engrossed by it, which is a shame because I love the setting. I was hoping it'd be on par or better than Brotherhood, but I'm starting to think I'm setting my expectations too high.

edit:

I have been doubling this with Xcom: Enemy Unknown, trying to get through my Classic Mode playthrough. I think that might be my favorite game of the year.
You got a lot of guitars

but you don't play guitar.

*~Posting during the Witching Hour~*

Offline Breed1Ghost

« Reply #1568 on: December 10, 2012, 09:20:21 PM »
Just beat maxpayne 3 moving onto Dishonerd and Sleeping Dogs.

Offline Skeleton

• Falconian
  • Of the Nexus
« Reply #1569 on: December 11, 2012, 01:02:05 AM »
Playing Silent Hill 2 for the first time in nearly a decade.  I'm trying to pump myself full of Horror (so if anyone can suggest really scary horror games I'm all ears).  And SH2 is definitely doing that.  I had forgotten how awesome the game is after you leave the hospital and the notes/messages become aimed at James specifically.  Also the prison is amazing . . . So creepy.

Offline Wyrm

« Reply #1570 on: December 13, 2012, 11:49:39 AM »
Going for plat on Dark Souls;
Fireing away on Borderlands 2;
 Unfortunatelly I reached an age where I spend more time buying games than playing them...  :sad:

Offline MrWeatherby

• Of the Interstice
  • What's up, ketchup?
« Reply #1571 on: December 13, 2012, 04:54:56 PM »
I just finished AC3 and I have never been more disappointed with a game. What a complete and total waste from start to finish.
You got a lot of guitars

but you don't play guitar.

*~Posting during the Witching Hour~*

Offline Rhombaad

• Old Fart in Training
  • Falconian
  • Of the Abyss
« Reply #1572 on: December 13, 2012, 05:06:39 PM »
Just finished the Opera House section of Final Fantasy VI. Still holds up. So good! :void:

Offline Lukis

« Reply #1573 on: December 14, 2012, 05:38:15 PM »
I finally got Red Dead Redemption GOTY and started playing it ...and it's amazing ..damn R* ,they knowhow to make games ..can't w8 for GTA V too. Finished AC:III game wasnt bad,I kinda liked sea fights,but ending of this saga mas a bit meh ,i wonder what we will see in AC4. Also does anyone have MGS HD collection Limited Edition? I wonder what's the size of that t-shirt which comes with games,since Im planning on getting it ,since it would be a bit better than buying Peace Walker and  MSG 2,MGS3 seperatly.And that t-shirt :carcus:

Offline IncantatioN

• Falconian
  • Of the Abyss
« Reply #1574 on: December 20, 2012, 06:46:53 PM »
Finished Double Dragon Neon - FUN and AWESOME music. Tried a bit of One Piece Kaizoku Musou and Gundam S something ...
At the end of time, a moment will come when just one man remains. Then the moment will pass. Man will be gone. There will be nothing to show that we were ever here... but stardust.