What Are You Playing?

Just completed Dead Space 3, honestly had some mixed feelings where the third one was going now that the horror element of what made the first 2 games in the series is sort of phased out. Here there is only hints of the Horror element installed with the majority of the game being one High-Octane, James Cameron's Aliens inspired love letter, the game really isn't that bad. Sort of okay way to end the series really.

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
Crimson Shroud for the 3DS. Having a lot of fun so far. I've got Virtue's Last Reward lined up after that, and then Mirror of Fate that's coming out soon. Probably the Tomb Raider reboot as well.

Vampire_Hunter_Bob

Cats are great
I recently stopped playing Dark Souls and I have started playing 'Homework - 2013' and guys it's not as fun. It has some co-op features, but the game totally rejects PvP, instead focusing more on requiring the player to sit at a desk for extended periods of times while 'reading' books and 'writing' papers. I think this is a pretty big waste of the online capabilities. And all of those DLC cost a lot when they are added up!
Unless this gets better, which I doubt, it's getting a 1 out of 5.

Griffith

With the streak of a tear, Like morning dew
Vampire_Hunter_Bob said:
I recently stopped playing Dark Souls and I have started playing 'Homework - 2013' and guys it's not as fun. It has some co-op features, but the game totally rejects PvP, instead focusing more on requiring the player to sit at a desk for extended periods of times while 'reading' books and 'writing' papers. I think this is a pretty big waste of the online capabilities. And all of those DLC cost a lot when they are added up!
Unless this gets better, which I doubt, it's getting a 1 out of 5.

I didn't know they released Shenmue 3. :carcus:

Johnstantine

Skibbidy Boo Bop
I beat Metal Gear Rising the other day. Took me, in total, four fucking hours. That includes time that I had to put the controller down without pausing so I could feed my daughter. What a fucking waste of $65. It makes me never want to play a PS3 game again.

I did, however, get a 3DS and have been diving my time between Super Mario 3D Land and Ocarina of Time.

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
Johnstantine said:
I beat Metal Gear Rising the other day. Took me, in total, four fucking hours. That includes time that I had to put the controller down without pausing so I could feed my daughter. What a fucking waste of $65. It makes me never want to play a PS3 game again.
The length was mentioned in a few impressions that I read on the game. Sorry it felt like a waste of money to you. For what it's worth, I've heard it's at least fun to replay at higher difficulties using different strategies.

I installed the new SimCity last night, and despite what you may read online today about its launch, it was strangely super quick and smooth for me. I downloaded it right as it unlocked at midnight, all 12GB downloaded in less than an hour (what?), and I was in and playing the tutorial without any server queues, crashes or anything. Game seems really cool so far. Huge fan of the original SimCity, but I couldn't quite grasp it once it began to get more complex (underground pipes, fuck off). This one's quite a bit more simple, so I am enjoying it so far.

Johnstantine

Skibbidy Boo Bop
Walter said:
The length was mentioned in a few impressions that I read on the game. Sorry it felt like a waste of money to you. For what it's worth, I've heard it's at least fun to replay at higher difficulties using different strategies.

Don't get me wrong, it was fun to play. The engine they had for the swordplay was sick and fun, so that made it somewhat worthwhile to play. It got tired after a while, though, and felt repetitive. But I guess that's with any game.

The story sucked, too. I thought it was a branch between 2 and 4, but then they said it was after 4, so I stopped caring at that point.

Started playing Fahrenheit(or Indigo Prophecy in NA). First time playing and absolutely love it.The mood,story so far,though have to get used to controls at first. My first struggle :D
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kiSpWwVfEtI

Dar_Klink

Last Guardian when? - CyberKlink 20XX before dying
Just wait for the
Hobo Illuminati
:schierke:

Playing Skyrim again to try out the Dragonborn DLC and with tons of mods. Still not really feeling it, even with all the Morrowind nostalgia pandering.

Johnstantine said:
Finally got a copy of Infinite Space. Just waiting for it arrive so I can delve into it.

This game gets so much praise around here that it was impossible for me to resist, so I ordered one as well; and at 15€ including shipping I think it was a bargain.

Perhaps it won't be too long before I bug Walter with questions about it. :guts:

Th3Branded0ne

I'll be back.
Oburi said:
The new Tomb Raider is realy good. I'm 60% done and I can't put it down. Favorite game so far this year.
I'm playing it as well after assassin's creed brotherhood. This is sure a nice game , has a goid dynamic with the controls and weapons .

Well tombs are fairly short and too easy ..this game focuses too much on combat. There's nothing really much to collect too ,ony diaries and books are actually interesting to read .. I'm at 58% and I'm kinda interested in how it will end. But at the moment I would give it like 7.5-8/10

Oburi

All praise Grail
To me this new Tomb Raider is like King Kong meets Predator with Lara Croft channeling John McClain and Dutch. There's some classic Tomb Raider stuff sprinkled in here and there but it's mostly fresh. Even if Uncharted did it better, it's still an exciting roller coaster of a game. The action is relentless and there's some pretty cool setpieces. I also like how Lara gets her shit slapped at every corner. It's a bit unrealistic sometimes, but its better than running through a game like damn superhero.

I do agree that it's a little too easy though.

I have been playing so much Tomb Raider. Its great feeling when what you buy is worth every cent you spent on it. I love the recreation of Lara. The game feels great. I spend 3 hours simply hunting to grind in a lot of extra EXP. Everytime I feel like I mastered something, something new pops up. A new weapon, a new way to use a old weapon. Gameplay is tight, reminds me a lot of Resident Evil 4 in a lot of ways. There is a ton of great moments. Thankfully this game is great, and I hope it sells well. I don't think SquareEnix can afford to botch another franchise title. I recommend Tomb Raider my friends. Get out and play it.

Top Bottom