What Are You Playing?

Oburi

All praise Grail
Vampire_Hunter_Bob said:
I'm replaying Wolfenstein: The New Order a second time. It's a fun game to play when you're taking a break from Witcher 3 or Dark Souls I & II.

It was fun game, but I don't think I'll ever replay it.

I'm still pushing my way through DS2, just got to the first DLC area and I can already tell that it's a highlight of the game for sure.

Oburi said:
It was fun game, but I don't think I'll ever replay it.

I'm still pushing my way through DS2, just got to the first DLC area and I can already tell that it's a highlight of the game for sure.

Which DLC are you doing first? Sunken King? I can tell you up front that the DLCs are seriously worth it

agaalaz-noscale.jpg

Curently playing Galak-Z, a rogue-like wrapped in a Macross/Starblazer anime style. That was one of my most anticipated game of 2015 and so far so good.

Kompozinaut

Sylph Sword
Replaying Final Fantasy X on the PS4. It's been like 12 years and it's been pretty fun. I've come to realize the story isn't really that great. Seymour is a lame antagonist, and I think I really hate Tidus's voice actor. I still love turn-based rpgs though. So that aspect is still a lot of fun for me.

Unfortunately at the moment I'm doing the chocobo races and I'm having a pretty miserable time (but hey, I managed to dodge 200 lightning bolts for the first time ever in this playthrough). I've done it before in the past and I'm determined to get it again. :mozgus:

After this I'll move on to X-2, which has an even worse story of course, but I maintain that is has one of, if not the best, battle system in the franchise, so it's worth playing through again just for that, IMO.

MGS5. Someone tell me how this game got such rave reviews. I'm on mission 10 and bored to death.
-Same boring terrain
-outposts have little diversity
-the fast travel is ludicrous
-all this open space with nothing to do, oh look, a plant
Yes, the motherbase is neat and sneaking around can be fun but these little bothers kill this game. I feel like I'm playing farcry: super capture the fort edition. I'm not trying to troll here, I just regret my purchase and wonder if the further I go some enjoyment can be had.

Salem said:
MGS5. Someone tell me how this game got such rave reviews. I'm on mission 10 and bored to death.
-Same boring terrain
-outposts have little diversity
-the fast travel is ludicrous
-all this open space with nothing to do, oh look, a plant
Yes, the motherbase is neat and sneaking around can be fun but these little bothers kill this game. I feel like I'm playing farcry: super capture the fort edition. I'm not trying to troll here, I just regret my purchase and wonder if the further I go some enjoyment can be had.

I'm in the same boat as you. I have a handful of missions to go to be be done with it and I haven't touched it in almost a week. Replaying past missions in the middle of the story is absolutely enraging to me. It's a total let down for so many reasons. Yet it's getting a hardcore fanboy reach around online.

Go play Bloodborne instead.

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
I've heard consistently that MGSV has a slow burn (like most big Japanese games, really), with few options at the start, but eventually builds into something spectacular.

I'll probably pick it up once I have time for a game that big. Right now there's just no chance of me playing more than 30m in a day.

Griffith

With the streak of a tear, Like morning dew
I'm still pretty curious; even if it's slow I prefer that to a hot mess. Plus, I've never had much patience for sneaking, anyway. I prefer a pattern of brazen attacks and daring escapes; I'll make my own action. :guts:

BTW, there's already an entire thread dedicated to discussing this game if we so desire.
azansalute.gif

I've been playing some StarCraft 2 lately, trying to brush off the dust in anticipation for Legacy of the Void. Hopefully the story is much better than what Heart of the Swarm turned into. :sad: Though I've mostly played the series for its multiplayer.

Oburi

All praise Grail
I beat the shit outta Lost Odyssey when that first came out. I think I did just about all the achievements. I really enjoyed it, although the ending was a little anticlimactic but I think that was mainly due to the game having a weak antagonist. I remember the main villain as being uninteresting and bland. Other than that I have great memories of that game.

Yozuru

"I say when it ends!" - Lucina
XionHorsey said:
Right now, I'm playing Fallout 3 and Terraria. I've been playing Undertale too. SO cute!

How is Undertale in your personal opinion? I have been looking around for a game and heard good things about it. :casca:

XionHorsey

Hi! Hi!
It's become one of my all time favorite. There's a lot in it that's simply unprecedented. Hope you're good at dodging bullets. The game is a bullet hell/rpg.

I've been playing the hell out of Fallout 4 too. Roughly about 40 hours into it just doing random quests and going ADD extraordinaire when it comes to anything slightly interesting.

I love this game a lot. To me or more or less improves on almost everything from Fallout 3 and New Vegas but also feels a bit watered down. I have little complaints about it though.

My next playthrough will definitely be on the hardest difficulties. I had a lot of fun playing New Vegas on very hard with survival mode on, so hopefully this will be similar.

Tabris said:
My next playthrough will definitely be on the hardest difficulties. I had a lot of fun playing New Vegas on very hard with survival mode on, so hopefully this will be similar.

Oddly enough considering the name, 'Survival' doesn't have any of the survival aspects from New Vegas - It just makes stimpacks and radaway take effect slower. Arguably, the higher difficulties also make the game easier, as a lot more "legendary" enemies will spawn that all drop the stronger "legendary" items.

Such incongruities aside, the difficulty in this game feels more exciting than in the last few Bethesda games. It's not a difficult game by any means, even on Survival, but there are difficult moments. At level 50, I've encountered two 'Legendary Major Gutsies' by now, and they completely ventilated me each time. :ganishka:

Top Bottom