What Are You Playing?

Judo

Midlands finest
I finally managed to get the Rakuyo in Bloodborne. Yay!

And Hellblade is one hell if a ride... I don't think it's for everyone but it certainly manages to create a way of character-driven storytelling that I have not experienced before in a videogame.
It kinda feels like From Software tried to do a Walking-sim. Kudos to Ninja Theory for pushing this game through without a publisher.

DreadnoughtDT said:
Ah, you're like me and you play the GoW games in chronological order every time you play 'em, hehe. Also! As for Amygdala, you can pretty easily bait her leaping move by sticking next to her legs. And while her legs and tail have some ridiculous armor, you can eventually wound them just like any other body part on the large bosses.

Hah, yea I always play the GoW games like that. It's a lot more fun that way since the games more or less end where the next begins. Watching Kratos progress over the games is pretty cool~

As for Amygdala, I've actually tried that strategy. It works pretty damn well in the Nightmare Frontier. Typically I find it works well in the defiled chalice for the most part but she always finds a way to gank me (especially the last chunk of her health). She will be murdered though. I did it once before and I will do it many times again. Out of spite now if anything~

DreadnoughtDT said:
How is it? I've been wanting to try it myself. My poor little Zerglings have been left out in the cold too long.

Very fun. It's still StarCraft, but that sexy coat of paint Blizzard put on it looks good.

I've been waiting for this since the very disappointing death ball RTS that was StarCraft 2.

Destiny 2! anyone else playing? I am about 3 hours in and holy cow! This game is beautiful. I was super into Destiny 1 so I am not surprised how good it is but they did such a good job from what I have played so far. Its also very apparent they actually put in effort to telling a story this time around. If anyone wants to play or looking for a clan hit me up! psn Mufasa_315 Im part of a nice sized clan (23+ members) with a really solid group of people. We are always taking new members. :serpico:

Finished the 6th palace in Persona 5. Shit's real. Time for another break hah.

Started Dishonored 2 again now that my version for the PC isn't running like absolute trash. Wanted to replay this before Death of the Outsider comes out.

Also for Fall / Halloween spirit (I don't care how early it is, Halloween is a state of mind, not a holiday!), I started my Silent Hill binge. Beat Silent Hill 1, which was a glorious nostalgia trip. I find how dated that game is, gives it a really awesome charm. About halfway through Silent Hill 2. I love this game so damn much. It's basically my favorite game of all time. No other game affected my life nearly as much as that game did.

Rhombaad

Video Game Time Traveler
I finished Metal Gear 2: Solid Snake over the Labor Day weekend, and finished The Secret of Monkey Island yesterday. I'm now playing Monkey Island 2: LeChuck's Revenge and am loving it so far.

Trying and failing to kick my Breath of the Wild addiction, with my Master Sword upgraded I can make mince meat of Golden Lynels, but I wont be satisfied until I can kill Vaati, Majora, Zant, Ghirahim, Ganon, Demise, Aghanim and Bellum in a single sword stroke.

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
MrFlibble said:
I wont be satisfied until I can kill Vaati, Majora, Zant, Ghirahim, Ganon, Demise, Aghanim and Bellum in a single sword stroke.

So confused... are those all in the game?

Griffith

With the streak of a tear, Like morning dew
MrFlibble said:
Trying and failing to kick my Breath of the Wild addiction, with my Master Sword upgraded I can make mince meat of Golden Lynels, but I wont be satisfied until I can kill Vaati, Majora, Zant, Ghirahim, Ganon, Demise, Aghanim and Bellum in a single sword stroke.
Walter said:
So confused... are those all in the game?

I tried looking that up and couldn't find anything. That'd be a hell of a DLC. =)

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
Sareth said:
Just got home with Samus Returns. :guts:

Same!

I'd also like to shout out that Switch owners should check out Octopath Traveler's demo. 2 storylines, pick Primrose first. It is solid. The Knight's story almost made me completely stop...

Halfway through Dishonored 2 roughly. Wanted to beat this in preparation for Death of the Outsider but that shit clearly isn't happening. Emily for life though.

Just beat Silent Hill 2 as well as the Maria scenario. Silent Hill 2 just felt draining this time around but the game is still damn amazing. Historical Society is one of the best levels in the series with how relentlessly fucked up it is. Haven't played the Maria scenario in ages but it's short and beautiful.

Onto Silent Hill 3 hurray. Stoked for one of the most ruthlessly fucked up games ever.

I hope i'm not the only one who played through samus returns already.
although at the ending my 3ds froze and i lost the progress i had to right after i got the baby metroid. just got to scavenge for all the expansions again lol.
so i must ask, did the game seem kind of short to anyone? or did it feel like the spread of upgrades wasn't consistent? I ended up getting the gravity suit and the plasma beam really close together but i don't know how everyone elses experience felt. I was personally bothered at how they got rid of one of the power bombs main functionalities
with the aieon scanner
, but i kind of understand the need for it. Maybe? I dunno i think a better design choice for the map might have been to give you the subsequent map for the area once you killed the metroids in that sector. Although i did really like the spider ball trick with the power bombs. that was neat.

So i went through and finished samus returns again and got every expansion, and i found that there IS a hard mode you can play after you beat it once. So i was pleasantly surprised for that. Also encountered a bug when going back through for the expansions. Sometimes if the power up item is just hidden in a block you have to break, it just won't register that it's there. So if anyone encounters that you just have to exit and re-enter the room. Probably related to offscreen entities loading because i also killed an enemy off-screen once and it continued walking forward and was basically a ghost.

Been playing A LOT of World of Warships the last couple years. I'm a big naval history fan, which unfortunately is a niche mostly ignored by the gaming industry. This game is really the only decent option if you want to play around in multiplayer battles in notable 20th century naval vessels like the USS Iowa, IJN Yamato, Bismark, Warspite, etc... It's by the same studio who makes World of Tanks, so it has a good amount of polish, and regular content updates. There are multiple lines from different nations of aircraft carriers, battleships, heavy cruisers, light cruisers, and destroyers. Recently they have also released PVE scenarios, which offer a nice change of pace.

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
I'm not playing it YET, but Ruiner is out today. It's a Cyberpunk-inspired action game.

Was watching the launch trailer just now and was really surprised to see a familiar name: Susumu Hirasawa provided music for it. :isidro:

TRAILER: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rg2uB60DFS0

(One) TRACK: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nF2y31Kt8KE

Menosgade

Not all those who wander are lost
GiantSword Mufasa said:
I have been going hard on bloodborne for the hundredth time. This time around I'm rocking a strength build.

I just came back to Dark Souls 1 and I'm making exactly the opposite, a Dex build. Strength was always my choice. Struggling to find people to invade at lower levels, I guess I'll have more chances at pvp lvls. But I'll keep on trying to invade everywhere and all levels, I wanna make people's lives harder.

After all, Dark Souls is about struggle.

Dar_Klink

Last Guardian when? - CyberKlink 20XX before dying
Breath of the Wild is controlling my life at the moment. I might give some longer thoughts on it in the Zelda thread, but in short, it's fucking good!

Walter said:
I'm not playing it YET, but Ruiner is out today. It's a Cyberpunk-inspired action game.
Just grabbed that, will probably try it out after finishing Zelda(which will be never I guess)

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
Dar Klink said:
Breath of the Wild is controlling my life at the moment. I might give some longer thoughts on it in the Zelda thread, but in short, it's fucking good!
Just grabbed that, will probably try it out after finishing Zelda(which will be never I guess)

I saw this on Reddit (Note her pin)

Ruiner1.jpg

...and along with the Susumu inclusion, couldn't really avoid buying it immediately. :daiba: About an hour in, I love it. Seems really well made, and tough as shit.

Purchased it this morning, gonna play it in the next few days. I'm sure that the Hirasawa track is great but I'm hearing that the entire soundtrack is great as well.

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
Managed to get an SNES Classic this morning. It's uh, exactly what you'd expect! But I couldn't resist — some of my favorite games of all time are on there: Super Metroid, Mario World, Zelda 3, Final Fantasy VI.

The nostalgia bit is somewhat lost on me, because I've played most of these games regularly since I was a kid. But I hope to be able to mod it (like I did with the NES Classic) to add more games, like Actraiser, Chrono Trigger, and ultimately, games that SHOULD have come over to the US but never did: Front Mission and Seiken Densetsu 3 (oh yeah, and to get rid of fucking Super Ghouls 'n Ghosts - gross).

Walter said:
Managed to get an SNES Classic this morning. It's uh, exactly what you'd expect! But I couldn't resist — some of my favorite games of all time are on there: Super Metroid, Mario World, Zelda 3, Final Fantasy VI.

The nostalgia bit is somewhat lost on me, because I've played most of these games regularly since I was a kid. But I hope to be able to mod it (like I did with the NES Classic) to add more games, like Actraiser, Chrono Trigger, and ultimately, games that SHOULD have come over to the US but never did: Front Mission and Seiken Densetsu 3 (oh yeah, and to get rid of fucking Super Ghouls 'n Ghosts - gross).

I got mine two days ago. Fucking cool to get back to these classics... but wait... what did you just said about Super Ghouls'n Ghosts ? Why is it "gross" ? It's the best one in the entire series.

Top Bottom