Casca regains herself but what if she doesn't remember anything?

Lithrael

Remember, always hold your apple tight
I think the idea of Casca wanting to 'save' Griffith is very interesting, but it'd require a hell of a lot of new developments to support it. Like any hints such a thing could be possible. Certainly Femto as we know him now has no doubts about who he wants to be, and Idea is not an idiot. The only thing I can currently put forward in support of that idea is to suppose that Ubik coerced Griffith into giving the sacrifice of the Falcons (god it feels weird calling them that) the go-ahead. And that seems like quite a stretch.

If it *were* made to seem plausible though, I could see both Casca and Guts going for it. But now we're in wild baseless speculation land, and Aaz will smack us. :schnoz:

However I am chuckling at the idea of Casca wanting Guts to lay off Griffith in order to keep Guts safe. Guts, safe, ever? ANYONE safe, NOW? :ganishka:

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
zurusuru said:
Also, I was wondering something... since Guts doesn't seem to know that the Moonlight Boy is his son (speculating here that he definitely is, and that he's attached to Griffith / shares a body, whatever the case may be), what do you think him and Casca would do in regards to that situation? What if destroying one means destroying the other?

That's already been considered in the past as well (by me :badbone:). No doubt they'd be horribly torn. Casca would likely be uncontrollable at the mere idea of it, assuming she'll retain her love for her child. But I also don't think Guts could condemn his son without remorse, even if it was indirect. His thoughts on the matter during their short time with the Moonlight Boy made it pretty clear.

zurusuru said:
I always figured the Moonlight Boy would play a pivotal role in the end - either to save one or both of them, or open up some sort of possibility to defeating Griffith, but I wonder how they'd feel about it.

Yeah I'm convinced he'll play a crucial role at some point in the story.

zurusuru said:
Do you think they might find something out about him in Elfhelm? (Not sure if that's even possible, but I guess it depends if the King is the "all knowing" type, or can see something like that in them.)

Possible. It depends on many things. And the king isn't the only reason Elfhelm is remarkable. There's no telling what they might find in there. As far as the boy goes... I have a feeling they'll only meet him again when he will want them to.

Lithrael said:
I think the idea of Casca wanting to 'save' Griffith is very interesting, but it'd require a hell of a lot of new developments to support it. Like any hints such a thing could be possible. Certainly Femto as we know him now has no doubts about who he wants to be, and Idea is not an idiot.

The problem I have with it is that Griffith doesn't need to be saved. He's not in danger. He hasn't been kidnapped, nor was he brainwashed (at least not in a way that would allow them to do anything at this point). There's nothing they can do for him now. They did their part when they were branded.

Lithrael said:
Falcons (god it feels weird calling them that)

You'll get used to it. :beast:

Lithrael said:
But now we're in wild baseless speculation land, and Aaz will smack us. :schnoz:

Oh, come on, you know you want me to. :carcus:

Lliugusamui

around the corner
Hey y'all =) (back from cambodian ricefields and military schools)

I have been thinking about Casca and the Moonlight Child from times to times... :???:

The question of the safety and even more, the recovery of Casca, is a central point to the Millenium Falcon Arc, as the merging of the worlds and the establishment of Griffith's kingdom is at the other side of the coin. Since vol28, the potential recovery of Casca is linked to the travel to Elfhelm, which is the main plot in this arc for Guts' party. And just when we learn from Skully that Casca could regain her sanity there, we happen to encounter the Moonlight Child. Coincidence...? I think not. :badbone:

What if Skully went meeting Guts because he felt something was occuring (just like anytime he actually pops up) ? What if he knew the Kiddo (always keeping an eye over his parents, mainly Casca) would be manifesting in a new form (thanks to ocean, full moon, the merging...) ? What if he knew the Kiddo was always following Casca to protect her or Guts to give him advices concerning Casca ? :SK:

We've seen the Moonlight Child still wants to help them (when Guts was going to attack his band and, so, Casca) : protecting Casca and preventing Guts about not chosing a wrong way (physical or psychological one). :chomp: He also wants them to get back together, to care about him, as seen in the small house on the beach. :casca:

I think this child will play a major role. His physical demonic body (acquired at the Occultation when Femto put the "demonic seed" in Casca) has been used as a vessel for the incarnation of Femto. Just like he took back what he gave earlier, as if everything was planned from the beginning. :griff: Body and mind being quite related, some of the feelings of the child have transpired to the new Griffith/Femto. In a way, Kiddo could have been freed from the demonic physical bond at this time, regaining the astral plan as a unbodied spirit. What Griffith maybe didnt expect could be that Kiddo would take advantage of the merging of the worlds to get back to physical life and to his parents. :guts: :casca:

So, with the absolute merging happening right now, I guess we're likely to see Kiddo more and more, and his appearance wont be conditioned by the astral bridges like the ocean or the moon.

Here is my prospective speculation :
Guts' party arrives at Elfhelm and meets elves, sorcerers and their chief, the soul healer. :puck:
Casca gets back her sanity and her memory stays as it was (meaning she remembers what happened after the Occultation, and this event remaining only flashes of suffering, hate and dispair)
As she pays attention to her memories, Casca gets obsessed with her child and has no doubt that the moonlight child is in fact the demonic child she gave birth to. Apart from Farneze, maybe, and since the beginning of their relationship, Casca knows her child protected her and saved her life as often as he could (just as she saved his life when Guts tried to smash him at his birth). :casca:
She makes up her mind and goes looking for Kiddo to take care about him, :casca: regardless of what Guts and co decide to do about the merging of the worlds, the spreading chaos and the tyranism of Griffith :griffnotevil: (for whom she still has undecided feelings). :casca:
After Kiddo gets back to her (or she finds him) :casca:, he will stay with her and ask her to follow him, to meet part of his former self, to meet the savior and the destroyer :griffnotevil:, to meet Griffith. Reluctantly, she accepts and what will happen will make Casca's way :casca: join with Guts' way again :beast: , with only one thing in common (as always) : Griffith. :griff:

And after that, I have no idea... ^^ :???:
Thanks for reading my humble thoughts

Oh man, after reading that post by Gyom, it made me realize that yeah, if Casca does recall things past her point of trauma, that demon child just might be front and center for her. It'd be real interesting to hear her understanding of him while she's lucid. I mean, I would think she'd have to since there's no current way she'd be able to find out about him except through the Skull Knight, or Guts (who doesn't seem like he'd be a chatty Cathy about that type of thing, even to her).

Can you imagine her being sane when she gave birth to it? 'cause I'm having trouble wondering how she would've handled it instead. -low whistle-
Assuming it's not only on some sort of unconscious/spiritual/instinctual connection where she "knows" about him, it's probably now one of my favorite things to look forward to. Who knows, maybe she'll even name him.

skullnights_pants

I'm a llama!
how late in the series do you think she would regain her mind? I think it would be very late in the series, i think throwing her back into the story kinda would kinda mess up the pace and flow of the story

I was kinda thinking if she regained her lost self if she would kinda have a split personality? like a darker side like the beast but not exactly like it or some kinda scared little girl when the danger's too hot she just folds.

Vampire_Hunter_Bob

Cats are great
Breed1Ghost said:
or some kinda scared little girl when the danger's too hot she just folds.

This is not likly. She killed three [Three right?] attackers when they were trying to rape her in her current mental state. I just don't see her rolling up into a ball every time she gets attacked.

Okin

The Ultimate Battle Creature
Speaking of regaining herself: Would Casca eventually mentally mature again, or is she actively suppressing her memories of basic etiquette and speech along with the traumatic ones?

Rhombaad

Video Game Time Traveler
Okin said:
Speaking of regaining herself: Would Casca eventually mentally mature again, or is she actively suppressing her memories of basic etiquette and speech along with the traumatic ones?

You mean as she is now? I don't think so. She's stuck permanently in this state without any possibility of maturing/growing up.

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
Okin said:
Well, she's been in the same regressive, child-like state for about 3 years now. While we've seen brief glimpses of her former self (vol 19, vol 23, DC game), it hasn't been a progressive change at all. It's going to take some extra help to bring her back, which we've all known since SK told us so back in vol 28.

Oburi

All praise Grail
How do you guys imagine the healing process for Casca? Do you think it will happen instantly and she'll just snap back to reality? Or do you think it will be a gradual process, she will slowly remember who she is over the course of time.

S

Saintly pants

Maybe Guts will have to enter Casca's mind so he can free her from Femto's grasp? I imagine Guts and Casca would enter a trance-like dream state in which Guts finds Casca still being raped (or being hold restrained) by Femto. Then Guts will have to defeat Femto or help Casca fend him off. Maybe i'm wrong about it, but i bet Guts will have to be actively involved in bringing her back.

Saintly pants said:
Maybe Guts will have to enter Casca's mind so he can free her from Femto's grasp? I imagine Guts and Casca would enter a trance-like dream state in which Guts finds Casca still being raped (or being hold restrained) by Femto. Then Guts will have to defeat Femto or help Casca fend him off. Maybe I'm wrong about it, but i bet Guts will have to be actively involved in bringing her back.
I kinda agree with Guts participating actively in her healing, but about the rest :schierke:
Guts entering her mind would be great :casca: like a huge slap on the face to see all that's inside of her and maybe hear/realize in 1st person she doesn't want to come back. :badbone:

Oburi said:
How do you guys imagine the healing process for Casca? Do you think it will happen instantly and she'll just snap back to reality? Or do you think it will be a gradual process, she will slowly remember who she is over the course of time.
If she was to come back in a snap she might just go crazy again, IMO. Well, but that's just me.

Top Bottom