Most Interesting And/Or Best Character Relationships

Status
Not open for further replies.
We have had many character relationships that seem to gel really well over the years, for example we have had Isidro and Puck, Isidro and Guts, Guts and Casca, Skully and Flora, Schierke and Iverella, Farnese and Serpico, Magnifico and Roderick, Silat and the Tapasa, Griffith and Charlotte, and so many more that it'd just get silly listing them all, but which character chemistry do you enjoy seeing the most and/or which have the most interesting relationship?

I actually think the interaction between Schierke and Guts is pretty interesting, and heartwarming. That scene on the beach where he comforted her is cute, but more than that - with all the grief Guts has had in his life, it's impressive that he's still empathetic enough to be able to tell her, I'm paraphrasing here, 'Don't take it all on yourself as such a young age, or you'll become a twisted adult' - Guts knows keenly what it's like to keep all that inside. His time with the Band of the Falcon did him tremendous good, even though that ended the way it did. Also, Schierke's seen inside his soul, literally. Her familiarity with magic, and Guts' encounters with it, leads me to believe that their view of the world and events might be uniquely closer than any of the others.

I don't know if this has specifically been stated or not in any of the other threads that talk about the difference between the way puck is now and how he used to be, but I can't remember when the last time it was that puck and guts spoke to each other. Or specifically had a real and or deep conversation. I think Schierke mainly plays that role these days or some times even Isidro.

Not that I mind terribly, but now that I've consciously realized it I hope that Guts and Puck get to have their moment in the sun again. This thread about relationships makes me remember that I miss the 'great' friendship Guts and puck developed during the middle chunk of the story.

I dunno why, but i really like Guts and Skullknight's interaction. To me it seems like SK is like his own personal mentor.

Aside from :guts: & :griff: I like the interactions between :rakshas: & Silat, like there's some sort of underlying respect for one another, or something (who knows, they may have been friends at one time, hence Rakshas wanting to show Silat the error of his ways in showing what Ganishka was doing). I also think (going way back here) that :guts: & :carcus: was a very cool one, I think Carcus had a hidden respect for Guts, really, and understood things better than Guts wanted to know. One more I really like is Irvine and Sonia's, like he's the older brother role, and he always seems to break the silence when she's around.

:SK: & :zodd: is probably my favourite though.

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
Soru said:
I dunno why, but i really like Guts and Skullknight's interaction. To me it seems like SK is like his own personal mentor.
Their relationship is interesting to me because it's not strictly a student/mentor setup. Guts treats the information SK gives him with some mistrust. He doesn't quite buy some of the bullshit about fate and destiny that his powerful friend spews. But, they're still invaluable allies to each other, fighting on the same side of the battlefield.

You couldn't exactly call them friends. But Miura has deepened their relationship over time, especially since the introduction of the Berserker Armor. As a side note, it's always funny to see how Guts treats him. I imagine it's awkward for him to deal with someone he knows he's outclassed by :badbone:

:casca: + :judo: Its a shame Judeau had to die just before he could tell Caska how he really felt about her.

:void: + :badbone: There's something about those 2 that really needs to be revealed at some point in the future.

Schierke & Sonia to me is the most interesting, brief but I think those 2 would be bring Guts & Griffith just abit closer.

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
Henry Spencer said:
I like the interactions between :rakshas: & Silat, like there's some sort of underlying respect for one another, or something (who knows, they may have been friends at one time

They don't really speak to each other like former friends.

Skullgrin140 said:
Its a shame Judeau had to die just before he could tell Casca how he really felt about her.

Yeah her embarrassed rejection would have made for a great awkward moment. Too bad we missed out on that!

Skullgrin140 said:
I think those 2 would be bring Guts & Griffith just abit closer.

Yeah? You think that? :schierke:

Rhombaad said:
I highly doubt that.

I doubt it as well, but both Schierke & Sonia were kinda building a friendship, if it grew and all of a sudden Guts found out that Schierke had befriended someone from the hawks then it would mean something.

Skullgrin140 said:
I doubt it as well, but both Schierke & Sonia were kinda building a friendship, if it grew and all of a sudden Guts found out that Schierke had befriended someone from the hawks then it would mean something.

If you doubt it as well then why do you bring it up again.

Justamos3 said:
Conjecture?
I always liked the Guts / Serpico relation.
But one thing I always wanted to see is a Griffith / Serpico encounter.

When you mean encounter do you mean a fight or an exchange of words? Because a fight between Griffith and Serpico wouldn't be much of a fight. An exchange of words would be nice to see what kind of emotion is brought in Serpico when he's face to face with him.

Maybe he meant a fencing match! Ye olde classic Griffith versus Serpico. I mean, Serpico put up a decent fight against Guts not too long ago, and Guts has had plenty of sword swinging since his duel with Griffith (and I don't think Griffith's even brandished a sword beyond just for decorum since then). Could be an interesting fight if there's no supernaturalness involved. :serpico: VS :griff:

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
Yes, the Feather Sword vs the God Hand. It would be a greeeaaat match.

But please, let's not turn this into a WHO WOULD WIN?!!? thread. There are plenty of them already.

I'll forward one interesting one that hasn't been mentioned yet:

:SK: & :zodd:

These two frenemies (Zodd refers to SK with words that mean "old rival" and "friend" simultaneously) surely have more to them than just being hot for battle. Zodd even knows about SK's wearing of the Berserker armor, and even let him postpone their rematch to let SK go after the Eclipse. I look forward to seeing how their relationship resolves.

A great relantionship??? Guts and Godot, even that if it was short still being awesome, in episode 129 when he tries to advice Guts about his way of life, asking if wasn't better to forgot the revenge toward Griffith and live in peace with Casca (and now with would be better if Casca recover her mind mind in Elfhelm). Godot behaviour was like a father or grandfather to Guts (something that he didn't really had, Gambino only used Guts), and with that council Guts really tought about forsake his revenge desire against Griffith, but in the end his hate was great.

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
Irvine said:
Griffith / moonlight Child is also very interesting in my opinion.

There isn't any evidence of a relationship between them in the story so far. Only speculations.

I know it's no longer relevant, but I really do miss Judeau and his relationship with Casca. Something about the sad, one-way, kind-of-sort-of crush type of relationship that Miura created made things seem more realistic. And of course made you cry when Judeau bit it.

For that matter, I think the drawing and compelling thing about all the relationships that Miura creates is that none of them are clear. No one is ever just someone's friend, or someone's relative, or someone's companion, or relative. Layers and layers.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom