Japan Vacation! (22.Aug - 3 Sept)

hi,

I am flying to Japan 22.Aug - 3 Sept with my father and brother.

My question, is there any place to see something interresting about Manga stuff like Berserk or One Piece, etc.

Is there something we just have to see?
thanks for any information!!

We planed our trip that way:
Okinawa,
Hiroshima (+ Himeji),
Osaka (+ Mount Koya),
Kyoto, Hara,
Tokio (nikko+yokahama),
Nyuto Onsen

SaiyajinNoOuji

I'm still better than you
Okinawa... there ain't shit but military bases (not completly true). :ganishka: Although while you are there I would highly suggest to find a "King Taco" and get Taco Rice and Cheese. You will fall in love with it. Also if you like garlic there is a resteraunt called "Arin Kirin" that is a garlic izakaiya (Japanese style bar) that serves all their food items that has garlic in it. Also there is a spicy ramen shop there called "Tantanmen" Really good lunch set!

Enough about food though. If you head towards the northern portion of the island to Nago, they have a very nice huge aquarium there. Naha and Chatan are the other areas that have a wide variety of things to do.

As for the other places, in Tokyo there is the jump studio area... I forgot what the exact name is but its there. Also Akihabara will satisfy your Manga needs, you could even pick up some One Piece Douijins if you know what I mean. :carcus:

There's an awesome chain of bookstores called Book-Off that you're sure to find no matter where you go. If you want to see more manga than you've ever seen in your life, and want to see it being read by hundreds of people standing quietly in the isles, go to a Book-Off.
Furthermore, their back stock is huge. If you want to pick up the earlier or hard-to-find volumes of Berserk (or any manga ever printed for that matter), it can be done there.

SaiyajinNoOuji

I'm still better than you
Also there are tons of places all over in Japan that have used manga that is in pretty good shape which they sell on discount. They also sell games and what not there. Picked up F-zero for the Gameboy Advanced for 4 bucks there! :guts:

Also check out Daily! Yamazaki convenience stores. They sell freshly baked bread and its oh so tasty. :isidro:

Hell yeah to the freshly baked bread in Japan! There's just so much of it everywhere you'd think you were in France or something. Don't be afraid to try Hokkaido Melon Bread, or Cookie Dough Bread.

great guys thanks!!!

i will definatley try the bread in Daily Yamazaki!

Are there also english mangas for sale in Book-Off?

And what else is a must see in Tokio?
I want to see some big arcades for shure :)

I know that Book-Offs have lots of English-language books and movies for the Japanese to indulge themselves in, but I can't say that I recall ever seeing any English manga on the shelves in one. If however, any place does have English manga it would probably be a Book-Off.

Top Bottom