Demon's Souls

Don't know much about the story but this game which comes out only on PS3 Oct 6th is an rpg that seems pretty awesome. I like the online idea of summoning a friend to help you out but the ghost body doesn't seem cool at all. Here are the sites for the game. What do you think?

http://www.demons-souls.com/main.html

http://www.gamesradar.com/ps3/demons-souls/preview/demons-souls-hands-on/a-20090721115359145019/g-20090520131315176027

turkitage

ターク
Proj2501 said:

I thought I had posted in this thread before as I freakin LOVE Demon's Souls and it's really the only game I've beat in the past few years and my top 5 game so far of all the games I've played.

So yes, I did! guess there are two threads on this: http://www.skullknight.net/forum/index.php?topic=11056.0

Proj2501 said:
Anyone else playing this currently? There's no way to play with specific people right? :mozgus:

Hmm, I think I might fire it up again. It's annoying to play with certain people as it wasn't by design. You have to be talking to them and both zone in the same area with one person dead then place that flag thing on the ground to offer help so the chances of getting your friend is greater. I've never tried it as I don't know anyone that plays it but on TOP of that you have to be within 10 soul levels apart. I think I'm like 150 or something, but I should of downgraded myself to soul level 126 as that was the standard to do so you can pvp with most people etc.

I began playing Demon's Souls in Oct, 2009. Now, two years later, I've begun playing again and am so pleased I gave it one last try. I wish I sunk my teeth in this game two years ago so I could be enjoying Dark Souls now.

Back in 2009, I thought I could hack and slash my way through the whole thing and got really frustrated when I couldn't. My brain must have changed slightly because now I'm smitten with how careful and tedious you have to be while engaging this game. Two years ago, I tried besting the Tower Knight. I failed. I failed alot. This past weekend though, as I delivered the killing stroke, I nearly spit out my coffee in amazement and felt such a sense of accomplishment. That's something a game hasn't given me in sometime. (Although I could have been at the gym or catching up on some work. I don't know what I really accomplished, but damn, it felt good making progress.) Later, I was sucked into someone's game, and was pitted against them in duel. Well, amazingly, I triumphed over someone who clearly was on a much higher level than me. I was given this crazy head piece:
monks-collar-screenshot.jpg

and it made me feel pretty badass in all honesty. :ubik: :beast:

The game is hard. However, when you level up, defeat demons and mow down hordes of enemies that would have sent you running for the hills earlier, it makes it all worth it.

Congrats, you became the final boss in the Tower of Latria in someone else's game, and made that sucker's life more difficult! :ganishka:

It's the only time in the game where an invader can have full health.

This game is so much difficult! I spent 60+ hours on it! My level souls is around 106-107 and I finished the game two times! Unfortunately I don t have Internet.
However, this game is just Awesome!

Due to it's 2nd year anniversary, the developers had the worlds in pure white tendency for almost two weeks straight. However, that ship has sailed and for the next 10-11 days, the worlds are pure black tendency.

If I play this game offline, can I get the worlds back to pure white? Is this a difficult thing to do? I've only been playing them when they were pure white. What am I in for when I play them pure black? I know the enemies are slightly tougher but drop more souls when killed. Is this it?

I'm at soul level 35. Gave Sage Freke the soul of the Iron Tower Knight, so I have that unique spell he gives you that makes you soak up WAY more damage than usual. That should def. come in handy now.

This game is seriously making me lose the desire to play any other game. I'm 75% done with Gears 3 and have no interest seeing how it ends. Batman...can wait. MW3, well, that's a horse of a different color. :griffnotevil:

RaffoBaffo

Ex-Newser of the late Berserk Chronicles
I'm a level 559 Knight end NG+++ is still fucking hard.
Btw now i'm playing Dark Souls and is even more difficult :magni:

turkitage

ターク
Proj2501 said:
Due to it's 2nd year anniversary, the developers had the worlds in pure white tendency for almost two weeks straight. However, that ship has sailed and for the next 10-11 days, the worlds are pure black tendency.

If I play this game offline, can I get the worlds back to pure white? Is this a difficult thing to do? I've only been playing them when they were pure white. What am I in for when I play them pure black? I know the enemies are slightly tougher but drop more souls when killed. Is this it?

Btw Glad you're playing such a great game. Take your time and enjoy it. Don't try to rush to play Dark Souls - it'll be waiting. Also, they do the pure white tendency often, at least when I was playing it a while ago. If your game is already set to black tendency and you go off line it won't just change to pure white, it'll keep your tendency.

So, the thing about the whole tendency system is... it's almost impossible to figure out what to do with it without looking up in a guide or by accident. If you want to get great items or get 100% in everything in the game than for each world (1 - 5, but not necessarily each stage like 1-1, 1-2 etc) you will need to do a task when it's pure white tendency and pure black. For Example in 2-2 if it's pure white tendency you can just walk up to a certain area and pick up the Dragon Bone Smasher but it's only available in pure white. But in 2-1 there's nothing to do in pure white tendency.

The tendency system was VERY confusing and overwhelming and there's no possible way to fully understand it without researching online because the game itself doesn't tell you much. So if you really want to get into it look it up online, youtube, etc. It's possible to get all the white/black tendency events in one play through, however, you have to do things in a specific order. Pure White is by far the hardest events to get because the only way to get up to pure is to beat each boss and not die in that world (1-1, 1-2, 1-3 etc). So if you die once in that world, than you can't get the pure white tendency for that world in that play through - unless they do those events like pure white tendency week. Black tendency is easy, just kill yourself a bunch in a world then you'll have pure black and can do whatever events there are for that world. If you do decide to go to new game+ to get all the items you'd go pure white than black tendency in each world.

Anyways, there's a lot to do in that game. Just note too you can actually beat the whole game at soul level 1. The Wiki's pretty good for demon's souls but if you have questions about tendency system etc just PM me. GLHF!

Proj2501 said:

Damn, now I wish I hadn't lent this to my brother-in-law. I'm missing out on the fun, and things are gonna' be much tougher for him.

Anyway, as for what to expect from Pure Black tendency, enemies hit harder, and your Soul Form will have less HP. But the worst thing is that whole new Black Phantom versions of enemies now appear. They're a lot tougher than the normal variants, and some of them will literally appear in thin air before you. Oh yeah, and named NPCs who only appear during Pure White Tendency now show up as hostile Black Phantoms, and they're really hard as well.

If you play the game offline, the only way you'll be able to shift the World Tendencies will be to either slay the bosses, find and kill the Primeval Demon in that level, or kill the Black Phantom version of a named NPC. If you went online, then summoning other players into their game, being summoned by another player, and/or killing invaders would also do the trick. But due to the server constantly shifting things darker, you'd have to get to your preferred tendency level in one sitting, and switch offline immediately after. So...yeah, no matter what, brightening tendency is tough.

Cyrus Jong said:
But due to the server constantly shifting things darker, you'd have to get to your preferred tendency level in one sitting, and switch offline immediately after. So...yeah, no matter what, brightening tendency is tough.

So, you're saying I could've switched to offline play when the servers had every world set to Pure White Tendency? *punches own face*

I've encountered Black Phantom Satsuki and, wow.

I've equipped the Cling Ring and bought The Avarice Ring (Holy 50,000 souls Batman). I also have Warding and The Soul Ray (not the Soul Arrow) as my magic. As far as Miracles go, I invested in Evacuate (enabling to return to the Nexus with no loss of Body or Souls). Weapons: Bastard Sword +2 and Knights Shield +2.

What does it mean when I go to use the standard spear and it says: "You don't have enough skill." How do I acquire more skill?

World 1-3 awaits, I just have to find myself an Arch Demon and slay it. So simple right? The Fools Idol's was surprisingly easy though.

Edit: Aw yea. Killed Yurt and got his armor. Looking sexy. :slan:
yurt.jpg

Proj2501 said:
So, you're saying I could've switched to offline play when the servers had every world set to Pure White Tendency? *punches own face*
Well...yeah. :troll:

What does it mean when I go to use the standard spear and it says: "You don't have enough skill." How do I acquire more skill?
It means you haven't fulfilled the stat requirements for that weapon, and when you use it, it will be severely underpowered. Most weapons have a minimum requirement in Strength, Dexterity, Magic, and/or Faith. You just need to get the right attributes up to par when you increase your Soul Level. The equipment interface can admittedly be confusing, but this page of the wiki should explain it all.

One neat tip about Strength requirements, though: even if you don't meet it, you might be able to compensate if you grip the weapon with both hands (with the Triangle button).

Cyrus Jong said:
It means you haven't fulfilled the stat requirements for that weapon, and when you use it, it will be severely underpowered. Most weapons have a minimum requirement in Strength, Dexterity, Magic, and/or Faith. You just need to get the right attributes up to par when you increase your Soul Level. The equipment interface can admittedly be confusing

I should've spent an extra 30 seconds staring at the symbols. It's clear to me now. My character is now level 40. Seems low when I read that others are at 150. But damn, it's certainly been a grind (in a good way) to get to level 40.

Thanks sir!

I've been soul farming at the entrance to 3-1, at the area before you pass through the fog. There are two Blue Eyed Knights there. With the Avarice and Magical Sharpness Rings, the Monk's Head Wrap, and Soul Ray all equipped, those bad boys go down in one shot. :daiba:

3 Red Phantoms down. Lord Rydel's, Executioner Miralada's and Satsuki's. Satsuki was truly an insane encounter as one hit would deal death. It took 10 times attempting to fight him head on before I found a large rock with which to play ring around the rosie with him. 30+ Soul Rays later he finally fell and I got the Hiltless. :ubik:

I bought Dark Souls yesterday. Managed to find a Limited Edition too. :) Going to play Demon's Souls in it's entirety first of course. It's serving as my motivation.

I need tips please.

World Tendency is pure black. In world, 1-3, after defeating a Red Eyed Knight, I become sandwiched by 2 Black Phantom Fat Officials. They own me instantly. Help?

nomad

"Bring the light of day"
Proj2501 said:
I need tips please.

World Tendency is pure black. In world, 1-3, after defeating a Red Eyed Knight, I become sandwiched by 2 Black Phantom Fat Officials. They own me instantly. Help?
Farm, farm and more farming. What level are you now? And what's your armor and weapon setup?

Was finally able to squeeze pass one of them as they were spawning. Those fools ate Soul Rays. :daiba:

Nomad said:
Farm, farm and more farming. What level are you now? And what's your armor and weapon setup?

You can call me Old McDonald man.

I'm level 67. Armor: Gloom. Monk's Head Wrap when it's magic time. Steel Shield and Bastard Sword +3. Want to get my strength to 26 asap to use the bigger swords.

Stats:
Vitality: 21
Intelligence: 24
Endurance:20
Strength: 24
Dexterity: 20
Magic:19
Faith: 11
Luck:8

I defeated The Penetrator Demon on my first try. Saving Biorr was wise. The demon never even noticed I was in the same room. :troll:

Increasing your Soul Level is only going to do so much. You might want to see about upgrading that Bastard Sword some more, or at least experimenting with different upgrades for other types of weapons. Since you seem to be going for a balanced approach with your stats, Quality weapons (weapons upgraded using Clearstone ore) might be a wise choice for now.

*Edit*

Annnnnnd, Maneater, The Old Monk, Adjudicator, Armor Spider, Flamer Lurker, Dragon God (really thought I'd have an epic, end all be all, fight with him), Leechmonger, Red Dragon are all DOWN. :daiba:

Oburi

All praise Grail
Aazealh said:
Yeah yeah, get with the program and start playing Dark Souls like normal people (i.e. me)! :puck:

Yea seriously guys. Dark Souls comes out and suddenly this dusty old thread gets more action. :azan: Demon Souls is sooooooo 2009 :troll:

About to beat this game! Question: will the unused boss Demon's souls I have in Stockpile Thomas' pile still be there when I begin NG+? I have about 6-7 that I haven't used.

turkitage

ターク
Aazealh said:
Yeah yeah, get with the program and start playing Dark Souls like normal people (i.e. me)! :puck:

Oburi said:
Yea seriously guys. Dark Souls comes out and suddenly this dusty old thread gets more action. :azan: Demon Souls is sooooooo 2009 :troll:

Says the people that never played the original! Gotta know your roots. PS3 or not... No excuses!

Proj2501 said:
:mozgus:

70 hours in. Almost done.

Awesome. Lovely game, ain't it?

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
Turkitage said:
Says the people that never played the original! Gotta know your roots. PS3 or not... No excuses!

Send me your PS3 with a copy of the game and I'll finish it, no problem. :slan:

P.S. Send the Uncharted series too, thanks.

Top Bottom