Vagabond: Volume 31

Griffith

With the streak of a tear, Like morning dew
http://www.itplanning.co.jp/vagae.html said:
Well, the last drafts for Vol. 31 are finished. I'm going to take some
time to prepare for some things. I hope you understand.

I'm working on the last round of editing for it.

Vol. 31 is scheduled to go on sale in September. That's also when I'm
hoping to start my regular issues again.

Inoue also said of Ittosai:
"My brushes wear out faster for some reason when Itousai appears. That solid character consumes my brushes." :mushiguts:

So, we'll hopefully have a cover by September, and new episodes to boot (though it usually takes longer to resume than the initial estimate, so I'm expecting late September or October). Then, the countdown begins for the Viz version, but their volume 30 release (Nov. 17) won't even be out before 31 in Japan; it's like now that they've caught up they're trying to fall behind again.

宮本 グリフィス said:
Inoue also said of Ittosai:
"My brushes wear out faster for some reason when Itousai appears. That solid character consumes my brushes." :mushiguts:

That's because Ito's a big badass.:badbone: That's so true, why catch up so much only to fall behind again.

Th3Branded0ne

I'll be back.
Checked this on itplanning. Volume 31 will be realeased in Japan September 3rd.

Here's a bigger pic I found in the amazon Japan website of the volume's cover.

51VmewMC5wL._SS500_.jpg

Walter said:
I need to revote for my favorite volume cover.

This one is quite beautiful to look at isn't it. I wish I could change my vote as well but from what I know I can't....... can I? :mushihuh:

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
Yeah, I just edited the poll to add vol 31 and changed it so members can change their votes. It may be only for a limited time though so do it now! :schnoz:

Griffith

Whoa! :mushiooh:

P.S. Just updated all favorite cover thread and volumes section in the Information Desk!

Griffith

That's great, though it appears to be a distant second. :mushihuh:

Must be that awesome cover jacking up sales. :mushigrin:

Th3Branded0ne

I'll be back.
宮本 グリフィス said:
That's great, though it appears to be a distant second. :mushihuh:

Must be that awesome cover jacking up sales. :mushigrin:

Yeah! I checked for the week of Sept. 7 - 13 and it fell to 6th place for that week, but overall sales it still in second place.

Griffith

I'm glad to see Vagabond doing well, I really can't wait for the following volumes with Ittosai!

Here's some good news, we won't have to wait long for Viz's volume 31, with a release date of January 19, 2010:

http://www.viz.com/products/products.php?product_id=9429

And it'll probably hit the shelves a little before then.

You can order it here, and because of a "promotion," I was able to get mine for $4 and change for some reason (I didn't read the details, I just clicked fast when I saw the price =)!

http://store.viz.com/Vagabond-Volume-31-Vagabond-Graphic-Novels/A/1421536315.htm

P.S. Updated the Volumes section with the latest.

Th3Branded0ne

I'll be back.
I checked out half of the japanese volume awhile ago, and I thought I post some of the doodles Inoue does after an episode is finished. I think those are the ones that caught my eye. :guts:

This one is after the end of 273
mata273.jpg

End of 275
275blue.jpg

End of 276
276yagyu.jpg

Griffith

Haha, lots of ellipses in those last two, and that one following 273 is sure... eye catching. Before I checked the contents of the episode, at a glance I thought that was Ito Ittosai with something badass written on his back, not Matahachi with no doubt something bad written on him. Yes, I mistook Matahachi for Ito Ittosai! :magni:

I got my Viz edition 31 today, and I think this exchange sums up my feeling (contains spoilers BTW). Another great one.

Griffith: I got Vagabond 31, man is it a beauty, Viz did the cover justice and then some.
Plus, their translation really clears things up, as usual.
Walter: whoa, didnt know it was already out. ill order mine
damned Amazon...
Griffith: The Yagyu/Ittosai encounter makes a lot more sense now.
Walter: wow, i cant believe it's already at that point with Viz.
so quick
feels like I was just confused over that scene a few weeks ago.
Griffith: Poor Ittosai determined it was "No fun" though, and Yagyu had some pretty complimentary things to say about him.
Called Ittosai truly Invincible.
"Invincible" with quotes though. =)
Walter: hahahah
was going to say, that can be taken as sort of backhanded too.
"Great job..."
Griffith: Well, he said it after the fact.
To quote, "I'm glad I met him. In the end, he showed me who I am."
Walter: Yagyu said so?
Griffith: Yeah
Walter: neat
Griffith: Yup.
Ittosai wasn't happy though, Yagyu killed his buzz.
The encounter now:
Ito "See... you're dead.” “If we fought, I'd win.” “You'd be dead.”
Yagyu, "...” “That's right.” Just as if a giant bear attacked me."
Ito on the next page, "...” “No fun."
=)
Walter: Poor Itto =(
Griffith: Well, he definitely benefits from this translation.
Walter: When Yagyu fell ill, his entire estate was in distress. When Itto was seriously wounded, he only had mud to keep him company.
Griffith: Yeah, Musashi is already pondering that.
That's what he wants to ask Yagyu.
What's beyond the sword?
Then he meets Ittosai, and after Itto unleashes his beast for Mushi to see, Mushi notes, "I've never met someone like this!"
He was astonished.
So it really boosts him.
And he was already 1b. =)
Walter: 1b? sorry what?
Griffith: I meant Ittosai was already 1B to Yagyu's 1A.
Walter: ah
Griffith: I didn't even talk about the Matahachi stuff, either, it's very touching.
It even directly validates some of the things we say about him in the Matahachi thread.
Osungi's best moment.
It even validates some of the points we made about him in the Matahachi thread, Osungi basically says because he’s traveled such a wide and twisted path that’s humbled him, he can be a far more compassionate person than her or Musashi could ever be.

I'd also like to add that it made me sad Inoue feels like Vagabond should end this year, unless he wants to be sure to sell high, because the series is still operating at such a high level. Part of me feels like he should just keep rolling with it as long as it's this good.

Top Bottom