WIP - Commission 1/8 Guts Berserker from Headlong

Sorry Chris .. I have to continue with the wip thread or I'll go Crazy ... :guts:

OK, so I was NOT very pleased with the outcome of the eyes.
And as I was about to redo them anyway I thought about this crazy idea... which resulted in this:

picture.php

I did it like this:

Stripped the paint and precision dremelled out the eye slits:

Then I repainted the helmet as before and filled the slits with transparent gel (here uncured):

I slaughtered a battery operated tea light (which proved hard to come by here, at least the kind I was after, so the commissioner had to buy a pack and send over) and used the chip along with a better LED.
I fixated the led inside the helmet and added more transparent gel:

Presto! Glowing eyes:

(and a crappy photoshop blur job. The eye glow really looks like that though ^^)

On to the base ...

A quick mock up for the base...

I just used a 8,3" cheese platter we've got for the wooden base. The real one will be 12" across, so more room for war litter below:

Now for some rock sculpting ... ^^´
It'll be a mix of plaster of paris groundwork and super sculpey textures.

More to come

EDIT: Bits and pieces of wood + the plaster casts I did from the pillar mold:

More to come in a day or 2 when the plaster that goes in the cracks tonight has cured...

EDIT2:

A-LA-LA-LA-LA ... not listening to self.

update .. again .. :carcus:

I shot these pictures as a teaser for the commissioner, both to show the base thingy and to get him drooling.
It worked.

yesmilord

千年王国
As I've told Joa, if this isn't the most amazing and sexiest Berserk buildup, I really don't know what is!

The finished product will be beyond words.
But really, I need to stop drooling all over this thread haha.

Tirade

Hai Yai, Forces!
yesmilord said:
As I've told Joa, if this isn't the most amazing and sexiest Berserk buildup, I really don't know what is!

The finished product will be beyond words.
But really, I need to stop drooling all over this thread haha.

You have every right to drool. The job done thus far is amazing. I love the LED for the eyes. Genius if you ask me.

Today's venture via the smithy (also called the hobby room) resulted in a halberd;

picture.php

A chop stick for the pole and the blade is Tamiya epoxy putty over a metal mesh core.
It will be sanded and refined before painting.

Also, I commenced a sword/sabre thingy ...

This is what I used for it:

picture.php

Here is what I came up with.
As you can see (if you've followed my previous works) I drew some inspiration from the sword of Zodd (mid post).
It will be refined, painted and weathered of course and I'll sculpt a severed arm to with it.

More details for the base ..

This is how far I've come with the shield (which will be smashed in the end) so far:

picture.php

Walk through:

Grab the midsection from your nearest cigar box and create "planks" thus:

Use a steel brush to "scribe" grain:

Use your favorite stain or regular paint to darken the recesses; wipe off and sand lightly:

Do the buckler from either sheet lead (which I used) or an empty, cleaned metal tube for ex tomato sauce. Use soldering wire for the edge; hammer it out to desired thickness:

Fasten the buckler with cut off needle heads and glue the edge to place with super glue.
I'll detail the shield further with spikes and needleheads for the edge.

I am sooo looking forward to do the smashing once it's completed.
Really.

-=-=-=-=-=-=-

EDIT (a few hours later)
Yes, mods .. I can take a hint ... ^^

The shield is done.

picture.php

Walk through:

For the spikes I used the tack tips which I saved after my adventure with the mid-shelves of the cabinet.
Again, I used needle heads for rivets/nails:

Then I used oils with white spirit to weather the metal down to a worn and rusty look...
Details:

Now, how should I smash it... ¿

This afternoon I also begun the severed head w/helmet.
Yesterday I baked a sculpey core for the head, and I then used Tamiya putty to sculpt in some upper facial features around some Volks' Dollfie eyes:

The result after some very basic painting (there will be a smashed visor in front) is quite ok:

I finished off today's session in the hobby room by throwig some paint on the halberd and the sword thingy;

Wow, everytime I look at this thread I am amazed at all the little details you put into this Berserker kit. I just can't wait to see the finished product. Yesmilord you are a lucky guy to have this beauty. :casca:

Lithrael

Remember, always hold your apple tight
Agreed! This stuff is amazing. I'm looking forward to the end product as well. Love seeing some of the work that goes into it!

pippin22 said:
You piss on AoW. :femto:

IMHO, that's a pretty gross statement though I can appreciate the compliment .. ^^
AOW do mass produced prepaints while I dedicate many hours for one custom display piece deriving from a different company; Headlong (who does kits, not prepaints).
AOW has produced quite a few decent kits (even the prepaints came in kit form once upon), so .. well...

My point is that you are comparing apples with oranges.

And ppl... NO FLAME WAR!
This has been discussed elsewhere, so please refrain to comment on this particular issue.
Thank you.

Rough sculpt:

Detailed sculpt pre baking:

After it's baked I'll sand it down a bit before priming and painting...

**edit

worked a bit more on the helmet for the severed head... ^^

I spent this lovely autumn Sunday painting the severed arm...

<- click for largish composite ^^

It will later be blended onto the base + get some more blood spatter.

One severed head, Sir?

Coming right up...

picture.php

The color for the helmet has not been decided yet, so here it's just a base coat of black.. still looks kind of cool.

**edit

first paint spatters done .. more weathering will be added to subtle it all down.

picture.php

LOL, I LOVE how your "reference material" is a picture of your own arm. I got quite the veiny arm too. I don't get much son. :griffnotevil:

LOOKING SWEET!

Top Bottom