Times Guts has cried?

Apart from during the Eclipse, can anyone remind me (show me) any other instances where Guts has broken into tears? No particular reason for this, it just popped into my head one night.

Th3Branded0ne

I'll be back.
Doc said:
Apart from during the Eclipse, can anyone remind me (show me) any other instances where Guts has broken into tears? No particular reason for this, it just popped into my head one night.

When he returns to the hawks after one year hiatus. It's when he's with Casca and they are going at it, and he remembers what Donovan did to him and also what Gambino told him.

I believe either Guts or Judeau cry when they take off Griffith's helmet and see the results of an entire year of torture.

Also, in volume 3, if he isn't in fact crying, he is making a really sad, could start crying at any moment face, at the end of the second to last episode of the volume. Right before the beginning of the golden age flashback after leaving Theresa.

Another contender might be when he first wakes up after the eclipse and goes running screaming out of the cave. You definitely a see a tear of blood, from his right eye right, but maybe that's not exactly the same thing.

One other moment of sadness that I can think of (again not sure if actual crying occurs) is in volume 14 when he is staying the the cave with Casca before leaving and after she spills her soup on her self he tries to keep her from burning herself, and she runs off screaming. A very strong look of pain can be seen in guts eyes.

Lastly,

He might be crying as a baby when Gambino's band comes across him, but if not I imagine there is probably at least once in volume 3/4 where we can see him cry as a young boy... but I'm not 100%

Th3Branded0ne

I'll be back.
Jaze1618 said:
I believe either Guts or Judeau cry when they take off Griffith's helmet and see the results of an entire year of torture.

Yes Guts is crying. Just look below

crying.jpg

morecrying.jpg

Guts also cried in volume 13 when he woke up and then tried to touch Casca to see if she was okay, she pushed him away and went to Erica. Rickert told him that she doesn't remember him nor Guts anymore. Guts started leaving and had a tear shaped drop of blood coming down from his right eye. He then started running away crying and had glimpses of Judo, Corkus, Pippin and I guess the rest of the Hawk members but I'm not to sure about that part.

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
Th3Branded0ne said:
When he returns to the hawks after one year hiatus. It's when he's with Casca and they are going at it, and he remembers what Donovan did to him and also what Gambino told him.

He also cries as a kid during those two events (the rape and when Gambino tries to kill him). When he fights with the wolves after fleeing from the camp as well. And he has teary eyes the first time a soldier spills his guts on him at the end of volume 3.

Jaze1618 said:
Another contender might be when he first wakes up after the eclipse and goes running screaming out of the cave. You definitely a see a tear of blood, from his right eye right, but maybe that's not exactly the same thing.

I love that scene, the way Guts is running hopelessly into the night and we catch glimpses of the fallen Hawks. I thought that was really poignant.

Thanks, everyone. I take it Guts hasn't shed any tears since he got his stuff together after the Eclipse?

Doc said:
Thanks, everyone. I take it Guts hasn't shed any tears since he got his stuff together after the Eclipse?

Well remember, the time he cried after leaving Theresa took place after the eclipse, so no.

Aphasia

ALL MYSTERIES MUST BE SOLVED
Oburi said:

Hahahaha, Yeah...I was re-reading this volume earlier today. Something seems a bit amiss, though I can't place it! :ganishka:

But yeah, Corkus could be a real bitch. I never really sympathized with his character very much, although that might just be because the story was told from Guts perspective. It would have been cool to get a short story about Corkus and his band of thieves. :carcus: But that's getting off-topic.

He doesn't cry much, that's for sure. I wonder if we'll get any tears at elf-helm.

Top Bottom